Jtrizzy

Nov 13, 2017
Thought I'd put some of the mods and info I've been using to get this running well in one place. I suppose we are stuck with the traversal stutter, but the below has made it a good experience for me.

3080/9900k on LG C9. Aside from traversal stutter, I'm consistently getting smooth at 60-70 fps with VRR. 4K DLSS at 35%, RT off, all cinematic for the graphical options. I'm going to try a shadow mod to flix the flickering as well, any other suggestions, let me know!

-Remove the sharpening filter

-CPU Affinity mod

-RTX HDR or Windows Auto HDR. I have seen posts saying these don't work, but I'm not having any issues.

-DLSS to FSR mod for non 4xxx series card. This has been a big help, but sometimes you have to flip it on and off to work. Make sure to use the Universal download and follow the instructions on where to place the files. I was not able to get this to work with RT on, maybe because the framerate was too low.

-WeMod - is not a graphical mod, but it is amazing for cheaters like me who don't have patience for high-difficulty games like BG3, Elden Ring, and this to a lesser degree.

Last edited:

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Is that the same thing? I updated the OP with your link. Yeah I need to learn Special K, I see others talking about it a lot.
Originally you had linked the old version of that person's patch that could remove the oversharpening. That person has since deprecated that in favor of making a more substantial standalone patch that now also includes things like being able to adjust the FOV, disable chromatic aberration, etc.

For getting HDR out of a game that doesn't natively support it, Windows Auto HDR probably produces the worst results, RTX HDR is a bit better though the options available to tweak the image are pretty limited, and that's if your driver/Nvidia app even recognizes the game as able to be used with RTX HDR and other Nvidia Freestyle filters, which seemingly due to some bug in the driver/app sometimes doesn't work for people. Special K seems to always work and offers several different options for tweaking various aspects of the output image to produce a fairly convincing HDR final image.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017

I'm using the Optimized Quality RT settings here at 4k with a 4090, but I'm on balanced instead of quality. I also disabled RT reflections because running RT on medium instead of very high still has the reflection bug and the base games reflections just look much better atm. With that I'm always roughly around 110 fps on average from all of chapter 1 and at least 2 hours or so into chapter 2. Dropping down to performance (which still looks great) and I'm basically running between 115-130fps at all times.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
motion blur even at weak, is adding a horrible fizzle around your character when camera is panning 360 (regardless of framegen)
is that a thing for everyone?
seems fine when turned off

MimosaSTG

Jun 7, 2022
motion blur even at weak, is adding a horrible fizzle around your character when camera is panning 360 (regardless of framegen)
is that a thing for everyone?
seems fine when turned off

Thanks for pointing this out. Now I can finally enjoy this game. I had it set to weak and the game was falling apart visually. Now everything is crisp in motion. This paired with the registry edit for CPU utilization makes it possible for me to enjoy this game

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
On a 4090 here, the following provides a good balance of performance and quality if you don't want to spend ages tweaking and benchmarking:

4K DLSS Quality (67)
RT Medium
Very High Preset
Framegen ON

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
The newest version of Wukong Tweaks allows users to force enable Virtual Shadow Maps (VSMs). If you are playing the game without path-tracing, this tweak will likely lead to higher quality shadows, though there might also be visual errors.

github.com

Release v0.8.2 · Lyall/WukongTweak

Changes Added developer console option. To make use of this, you will need to have a console key bound. You can do this by editing %LOCALAPPDATA%\b1\Saved\Config\Windows\Input.ini and adding these...

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
Here it is at 4K, Max settings + Full RT (Very High), DLSS Performance & FG on my 7800X3D + RTX 4080 combo (both undervolted and tweaked)

MUpZm6p.jpeg

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
Lately I've been randomly getting a permanent black screen but the game is still running with sound. Its not my monitor cause I can launch Samsung TV Plus and get into the monitor settings from my remote.

Intel i9-14900K
RTX 4090
32GB RAM

Not sure how to fix this but its consistently happening now

MaLDo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking forward to playing it but I won't be buying it if it doesn't improve the traversal stutters issue. Has there been a patch for this or any comments from the devs with future plans on the issue?