Dec 2, 2017
Bill Cosby is jumping right back into showbiz now that he's out of prison -- not shockingly, he's working on a docuseries about himself, but more surprising is the fact he's plotting a return to standup comedy.

Cosby's rep, Andrew Wyatt, tells TMZ ... the comedian, at 83 years old, wants to hit the road and tell jokes, and his camp's contacted several promoters and comedy clubs who they say are open to the idea.

Despite widespread backlash and outrage over his prison release, Wyatt confidently claims ... "The world wants to see Mr. Cosby."

We're also told Cosby is working on a 5-part docuseries covering his life, legacy, trial and prison experience -- and he'll be sitting down soon to do his interview for the project.

So far, we're told producers of the series have shot interviews with Cosby's family, friends and other celebs

A potential comedy tour isn't the only thing catching Cosby's eye ... we're told he also wants to go around the country making appearances in prisons, schools and neighborhoods, talking to folks about being better citizens and curbing violence.

Cosby's rep says the inspiration for a speaking tour draws from Cosby's own experiences behind bars, where he heard moving stories from other inmates, like a father and son serving time together.

Cosby is also writing a book with novelist Frederick Williams, focusing on Cosby's criminal case and prison experience.

www.tmz.com

Bill Cosby Wants to Do Comedy Tour Again, Making Docuseries

Bill Cosby wants to go on a comedy tour and he's making a docuseries.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How does he have any friends, celeb or otherwise and who would make this shit.

AvianAviator

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 23, 2021
Look, if you want to come back and show the world you've learned your lesson and you're a changed person, comedy deals and public tours are probably the wrong move.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
So he's gonna go around and lecture people on how to be better citizens? That's fucking rich. I've never once gotten the impression that he is remorseful for what he's done.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I'd love to be in the crowd for the first show when people start to boo him and call him a rapist.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
I'll find him, and jump out of some bushes and scare him, i know his heart wont be able to take it

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
I was led to believe he's too old and blind to go on Fox/publicity tours, and he'd just fade away into the elderly life...

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So he's basically going to rub it in everyone's faces that he got off? That's what this feels like. God knows he doesn't need the money.

Mentosrock

Nov 4, 2019
This man is 10 murders away from being the Golden State Killer and he wants to do a comedy tour? This world is fucked

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
A docuseries, maybe. But a live tour? That's a recipe for disaster that is going to bring a shitstorm of protest.

Just go away. Too many people hate you now. Be glad that you can live out your life in peace.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Look, if you want to come back and show the world you've learned your lesson and you're a changed person, comedy deals and public tours are probably the wrong move.
I kinda disagree -- I feel like artists using their art to explore and explain their rehabilitation is a perfectly valid avenue for doing that. BUT I also happen to think a serial rapist who has never expressed remorse or contrition or even really confession does not really qualify to begin with!

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017
There are some things you don't get to just come back from. This man needs to be locked up forever.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
He's really just gonna go right back to his old schtick of complaining about kids these days and their sagging pants being unclassy huh? Fucking clown.

AvianAviator

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 23, 2021
I kinda disagree -- I feel like artists using their art to explore and explain their rehabilitation is a perfectly valid avenue for doing that. BUT I also happen to think a serial rapist who has never expressed remorse or contrition or even really confession does not really qualify to begin with!

I feel like that's better received if you do something privately on your own term first, not something that asks viewers to give you the benefit of the doubt and hand you money first.

So I think this is a pretty ballsy move for any condemned artist, much less a serial rapist 🙃