Jan 4, 2018
Fallout76_2022_General-Roadmap_Horizontal-EN-01.jpg

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
Have they announced the current gen updates for 76 yet? Is that what fallout worlds update is?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
The pitt coming a little later than i predicted but cool beans

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
The Pitt sounds cool, guess that's probably the big-ticket item this year. Hope it's a solid expansion

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
A new world boss in winter finally. But kind of light road map sadly. The Pitt I know is their big update this year, I hope it delivers.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
It's definitely not the Fallout game I wanted or one that appeals to me, but I have to give them credit for keeping it going with content.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed the story content over the last couple of years but this roadmap seems very thin on more story stuff and Starfield will be out around the same time as the big updates. I doubt I'll be coming back to the game.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Invaders from Beyond sounds interesting! I'm glad it's the closest.
I really enjoyed the story content over the last couple of years but this roadmap seems very thin on more story stuff and Starfield will be out around the same time as the big updates. I doubt I'll be coming back to the game.
I suspect Starfield is the reason it's pretty thin on the story stuff: pretty much everyone at Bethesda, likely including a lot of Austin devs, is focused on Starfield.

OP
OP
FarSight XR-20
Jan 4, 2018
A new world boss in winter finally. But kind of light road map sadly. The Pitt I know is their big update this year, I hope it delivers.

All hands on deck to finish Starfield surely. Plus it's their 4th roadmap (19, 20, 21, 22), at some point they will inevitably move on (hopefully Austin gets chance to start work on Fallout 5 or some New Vegas remake/remaster once Starfield is shipped).

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
Not officially, it's supposed to be in the works (they talked about it during an interview after E3 iirc, a team is helping them I believe). No idea when it's planned (if plans didn't change).

I'll definitely check it out if that happens. Hopefully they can get it out before Starfield, otherwise I doubt I'll go back to 76 again.

BarryBJeans

Jul 22, 2019
Nuka World? Son of a bitch, I'm in.

Is cross save a thing? Had hundreds of hours on my old PC, which sadly died. I'm now playing on a Series X and would love to get into it during the lulls this year.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
76 is probably going to be supported until Fallout 5 is nearing release which is to say, a while. It remains to be seen what these expeditions are, but i presume they will act as smaller self contained fallout games that play more traditionally to help scratch the itch

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
76 is probably going to be supported until Fallout 5 is nearing release which is to say, a while. It remains to be seen what these expeditions are, but i presume they will act as smaller self contained fallout games that play more traditionally to help scratch the itch

Bunch has been datamined but also still not totally sure what it's going to be.

So far it seems to be a new type of activity which has a new currency you have to gather called fuel. You need the fuel to power the vertibirds that will fly you over to the Pitt which you can take a team with you. Sounds like theres big instanced areas from datamines but that it's not a new big world zone, but kind of a large open instance recreating areas of the Pitt with different missions and npcs you can interact with. A much more elaborate type of deal that isn't meant to be quick daily missions like the daily ops as there is also apparently save and resume features for your expeditions from current mined data

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Everytime they show something new I think wow that looks cool I need to start playing this. I download it, and play first few missions and just can't do it. The game feels so boring and jank compared to the other ones. The alien one is doing that for me now, that sounds cool as hell because I loved the alien dlc in 3

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
To people still playing: did they pull a No Mans Sky?

Yes, but the NMS team has gone 90000% on top of their original scope, I dont think any other improvement story could me mapped-compared to them.

Slightly, still has lot of rough edges but they added a ton of content, fixed lot of things, and still support it. But also support is slowing down so theres still things player wish they did better. It's come around a ton though

I wouldn't say slightly. The game was literally broken at launch. A year later after the Wastelanders update: It felt very solid, and provided the best RPG Fallout experience since 1 and 2.

2 years after that I can only assume its even better, but I stopped playing in late 2020.

JusticeBolt

Dec 5, 2017
Canada
I'm still in shock that no Fallout mainline game is in development or concept stage. Fallout 76 is a 2018 game? They really need a new team working on a new game,it's ridiculous.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played since I finished the Wastelanders stuff, I think I'm mostly waiting for enough new story content to play through before I jump in again; I know there was some Brotherhood of Steel stuff in there at one point but I think that's been it so far?

hobdal

Mar 1, 2018
I've been meaning to try this for a while. What's this game like to get into for a new player in 2022?

Grenchel

Oct 27, 2017
I was enjoying this game with my wife for a short time, but we found the co-op experience sort of frustrating. I wish there was a way we could both participate in some story missions, even if it's just one of us spectating.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I'm still in shock that no Fallout mainline game is in development or concept stage. Fallout 76 is a 2018 game? They really need a new team working on a new game,it's ridiculous.

Theres been long gaps between all the bethesda main IP game releases. It's gonna be over 10 years since Skyrim and we don't have a date on the next ES. They also are working on a new mainline IP with Starfield so that has pushed things back in their development cycle.

I've been meaning to try this for a while. What's this game like to get into for a new player in 2022?

It's got a ton of content available and a very friendly community who are very helpful to new lower level players

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
I was enjoying this game with my wife for a short time, but we found the co-op experience sort of frustrating. I wish there was a way we could both participate in some story missions, even if it's just one of us spectating.

I was able to do that back in 2020 with a friend, what where you specifically unable to do? I remember we all saw - interacted, but the host was the one initiating the quest or talking with the NPCs.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
so those missions mean "story" missions right and not daily?

Theres gonna be a story attached to them but the concept of them seems to be similar to daily ops, missions you can take a team on but it's meant to be more robust and not a quick daily thing. This is gonna be repeatable content missions, I doubt it's going to be narrative SP focus.

The Brotherhood questlines they added were purely SP and lot of folks were not happy with it. All those updates for like 4 hrs of new storyline content and you can't repeat it and nothing else really to do.

It's a MP game, it needs MP content that folks will want to do

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
Fallout 5 is not even in development. Recently they even said that Fallout 5 is nothing more than a single page of notes written down, but everything is on Starfield now then Elder Scrolls is next.
Kinda frustrating considering Microsoft just bought half the gaming industry and if I remember correctly, a number of people at Obsidian expressed interest in returning to the series.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I was able to do that back in 2020 with a friend, what where you specifically unable to do? I remember we all saw - interacted, but the host was the one initiating the quest or talking with the NPCs.

The issue with the coop in 76 is that in main story line missions, both players playing together don't get quest completion credit. Yea you can play and spectate with another player, but only one of you who is team leader gets the compete credit.

You essentially gotta run the quests two times for lot of the campaign stuff to get both players credit

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Kinda frustrating considering Microsoft just bought half the gaming industry and if I remember correctly, a number of people at Obsidian expressed interest in returning to the series.

I mean I can see them still pushing for Fallout to get made, maybe not Fallout 5 but a spin off to get pushed at least while waiting on BGS proper to get back onto the mainline

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
It took 3 fucking years for a new world zone boss.

Last year they managed to ship one public event so this gives me no hope

Expect the entire 4th season and some feature of the 3rd to be pushed into 2023 just like every other time they did a roadmap.

Hero Prinny

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, I'm really hoping Microsoft changes that cause as someone who isnt into Elder Scrolls and isn't interested from the little scraps of info we got from Starfield, it's pretty frustrating.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
Really disappointed with this, pets and 4 star legendaries were on the roadmap last year before they were presumably delayed until this year, but neither is on the roadmap now.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Is any content behind a paywall in this or is everything accessible once you own the base game?