• Tekken 6

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Tekken 7

Votes: 133 22.3%

• Total voters

Bor Gullet

Oct 27, 2017
screen-19.jpg

I have to say Tekken 5. I thought the fighting was the most balanced of the games.

Especially Dark Resurrection, that was one of my most played games on the PSP. At the time it was really cool to essentially have a full fledged console game on the playstation portable.

Tekken 3 is a classic of course, and I have a soft spot for Tekken 6 which introduced to one of my favorite characters Bob. I always destroy with Bob.

Last edited:

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
The best Tekken game isn't even in the poll. It's the original Tekken Tag Tournament.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Until 7 I would have given it to 3. Though I've played 7 magnitudes less, I think it's the superior game.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Personally...I'd rank them like this.

- Tekken 5/Tekken 5: DRO (brought the series back to it's roots, top notch graphics, amazing music, the gameplay entered a new peak, fan favs returns and with DRO there's online, just amazing all around)
- Tekken 2/Tekken 3 (these games had everything and they're the games that introduced people to Tekken. dope music, basically when you think of Tekken, it's these games)
- Tekken 7 (amazing, dope and it also started the "seasons" for Tekken titles, gameplay-wise it has the best gameplay out there)
- Tekken 6 (cool game but it didn't really push the bar like the previous titles did)
- Tekken 4 (aesthetics, music, vibe, walls, pretty experimental)
- Tekken (the first one, the others could only improve the format)

Skipped tag since I didn't play em much. I'm also looking at everything when I say this. That 5/DR0 era might be arguably my favorite Tekken era.

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm bad at all of them.

So Tekken 2 for having the best soundtrack.

Deleted member 44122

tekken tag tournament for ps2, played it a lot at a friends back then

Thanathorn

Dec 10, 2019
I've played them all but Tekken 7 truly is the best one. However Tekken 2 and Tekken Tag 1 are the best ones on their respective platforms.

thebigword

Oct 27, 2017
Where's the tag options? Guess I'll go with 3 as my favorite. Had the most fun playing it with my friends back then.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
Dipped out of the Tekken series after 4. Tekken 3 and Tag was peak for me, love the arcade scene around these at the time. Best overall art direction and costume design too I feel.

I've seen some people really love the movement in 6 (or was it Tag 2?) something about safe side-stepping or something. I still enjoy the odd highlight video for the newer games even though I don't play it.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Tekken 5 and it is not even close.
The story, music, graphics (on a fucking ps2), CG were all top notch.

Tekken 3 is second of course.

Deleted member 38361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 14, 2018
Competitively I say Tekken 5: Dark Ressurrection. But overall? Tekken 3 on PSOne. Used to have a small gripe of the clouds not moving in King's stage like it did in the arcade build, but gosh did that game deliver with content and the jump from Tekken 2 was just something. Still feel it had the best soundtrack too. Miss the Namco days of original and arranged OSTs.

Jan 11, 2018
Dunedin, New Zealand
Tekken 7 has functioning online so that makes it #1 in my eyes (disclaimer: I've never really played TTT2).

Next would have to be T5DR for me, even though I didn't play a great deal of it at the time that game just feels damn good to play

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like ruffling feathers so here's my unpopular opinion:

The tag format for Tekken sucks. Especially since there's so many mirror characters, which goes against the whole concept of a tag game. Yay teams of Law1/Law2 vs Jack1/Jack2.

I'd easily rate both tag games at the bottom of the list of my favorites.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Tekken 7. Most advanced visually (both in graphics and general effects like hitsparks and the zoom ins and slowdowns, add a lot to how the game feels) and has a huge and diverse roster.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
Tekken 3 or 5.

5 (DR) introduced Dragunov, so, that one.

To watch, Tekken 7.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
Tekken 4

purely based on aesthetics

Hated the look of T4 at the time, the fully roamable 3d backgrounds would mean sometimes you'd be looking at a blank wall, it all felt very normal and grounded at times, a far cry from the always perfectly framed infinite arenas of T3/Tag but over the years I've started to appreciate the strong violet motif running through the game and even the atmosphere in some stages have long stayed with me. I feel it's perhaps underappreciated now.

Competitively I say Tekken 5: Dark Ressurrection. But overall? Tekken 3 on PSOne. Used to have a small gripe of the clouds not moving in King's stage like it did in the arcade build, but gosh did that game deliver with content and the jump from Tekken 2 was just something. Still feel it had the best soundtrack too. Miss the Namco days of original and arranged OSTs.

The PSX Tekken 3 soundtrack/arrangement is incredible, favourite ost of the series hands down.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
It's 7.

I would love to see another fighting series take what 4 was doing, and expand it though.

Aswitch

"This guy are sick"
Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'd have to say Tekken 7 is my fav. The gameplay, comeback mechanics, and overall presentation really did it for me. A close runner up would be Tekken 5 as I really loved the introduction to endless battle mode and the greatness that was Feng Wei.

I definitely adore 2 and 3, but that's purely with my nostalgia glasses on. When panning out and viewing the games as a whole package though, definitely Tekken 7 for me.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Love the roster and the tag mechanic. The Wii U version also has Tekken Ball, making it even better.