Jun 1, 2018
So I have been waiting for Razor to announce their microsoft xbox couchgaming keyboard and mouse since I wanted to buy it and mainly use it for PC:

Turret-for-Xbox-One-2019-Lifestyle-Image-02.jpg

But it costs 250 Dollars and only has an US layout?! Sorry but thats a bit overpriced in my opinion. any good minimalistic alternatives that dont take a lot of space?

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
I play all of my shooters at my desk, but for my HTPC setup, I have a Logitech K380 Bluetooth keyboard and M570 wireless trackball and it's absolutely fantastic for basic tasks, strategy/RTS, etc. It doesn't require any movement or a flat surface so I can use it where it's comfortable. I could probably play FPSes with it just fine, I just haven't tried. I've been using it for a long time, though - if you're not a fan of trackballs or don't want to try learn it, it won't be for you.

Deleted member 9290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I play all of my shooters at my desk, but for my HTPC setup, I have a Logitech K380 Bluetooth keyboard and M570 wireless trackball and it's absolutely fantastic for basic tasks, strategy/RTS, etc. It doesn't require any movement or a flat surface so I can use it where it's comfortable. I could probably play FPSes with it just fine, I just haven't tried. I've been using it for a long time, though - if you're not a fan of trackballs or don't want to try learn it, it won't be for you.
Is it difficult to adapt to the trackball?

CozMick

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How on earth are you meant to play with that mouse on an area the size of a credit card?

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
the mouse pad is way too small. I've tried a couple of different solutions and none of them are ideal. I do most of my pc gaming (when on the couch) with a controller. Mouse and keyboard is just too cumbersome for me.

ascagnel

Mar 29, 2018
Honestly... if the game has controller support, an Xbox controller. If it lacks controller support, it's usually OK with a Steam Controller (you might get lucky and find a solution where someone's done the hard work on a good profile).

M&KB on a desk is still a requirement for the vast majority of things that are even remotely competitive/PvP (Rocket Leagues is one of the only exceptions I can think of), but this is fine for single-player/PvE stuff.

Oct 28, 2017
I've been using a Roccat Sova gaming lapboard which seems to be very similar to the Crossair K63 people mentioned. It's a bit bulky but it actually end ups being comfortable while sitting on the couch, even for long hours.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I feel like most options are probably too cumbersome. If probably just look into a controller setup personally, especially since every Steam game (and the desktop) can be easily made to support them.

Jersa

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA (USA)
does it only fit the corsair keyboard in it? because the combo costs almost 200 euros

Yep -- the K63 snaps into it, but it's a wonderful keyboard and a comfortable setup.

If you're patient, Corsair runs sales on their site and you might be able to get it for closer to $130 (as I did earlier this year, stateside). Sign up for their email list, and they might send something out soon.

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
It all depends on what you find most comfortable. I tried hooking up my PC to my TV before i bought a console.

I didn't like having anything in my lap, so i bought like a tray with small feet, sort of like the one you can use to eat in bed with. I used it when i had to use a fullsize keyboard.

But the best and most comfortable setup for me was buying a "half" keyboard. Then you can use it with your left hand to your left side and then use your right hand on the right side. Most games don't use more keys than whats on half a keyboard anyway.

For me that's the only way to play comfortable on the couch with a mouse and keyboard.

OP
OP
Jun 1, 2018
Yep -- the K63 snaps into it, but it's a wonderful keyboard and a comfortable setup.

If you're patient, Corsair runs sales on their site and you might be able to get it for closer to $130 (as I did earlier this year, stateside). Sign up for their email list, and they might send something out soon.
awesome, thanks for the tip! will do that

Nezacant

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have experience with one of these? I kind of want to try one.

81O1ERTboiL._SL1500_.jpg

KamenRiderEra

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Left joycon? Is this mouse with trackball?

for normal games? Do you play rts games with this setup?
Oh sorry, wrong quote. I know nothing of trackball 🤣. The left joy con is from the Nintendo Switch... I use it in place of the keyboard... . It's just for fps, aim with the mouse, move and etc with joy con ... Also I don't play rts, but I believe it will not be a good option.

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Anyone have experience with one of these? I kind of want to try one.

81O1ERTboiL._SL1500_.jpg

I had a "homemade" one and it's definitely better than not having one. It depends on how annoyed you are with having a keyboard in your lap. Just beware it can easily get too high. On the other hand i would never play with a mouse and keyboard on the couch as my "main" way to play, so it's probably better to just have the keyboard in your lap for the few games you want to play(if it's the Xbox One games)

I've been through the whole "PC couch gaming" and it's just not worth it. Maybe some other people have had better luck with it, but i never found any of the solutions as comfortable as a controller.

Nezacant

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I had a "homemade" one and it's definitely better than not having one. It depends on how annoyed you are with having a keyboard in your lap. Just beware it can easily get too high. On the other hand i would never play with a mouse and keyboard on the couch as my "main" way to play, so it's probably better to just have the keyboard in your lap for the few games you want to play(if it's the Xbox One games)

I've been through the whole "PC couch gaming" and it's just not worth it. Maybe some other people have had better luck with it, but i never found any of the solutions as comfortable as a controller.
I agree about the controller. It won't be more comfortable than that. However when I have to use a mouse and keyboard, I always catch myself slouching if I have it on my lap and my back will end up aching. I feel like this would help me sit up straight.

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
I agree about the controller. It won't be more comfortable than that. However when I have to use a mouse and keyboard, I always catch myself slouching if I have it on my lap and my back will end up aching. I feel like this would help me sit up straight.

It's definitely a good idea if you want to sit straight up. But yeah it's all about personal preference. I used a cheap tray from Ikea, when i got tired of having a keyboard in my lap. It was like 1cm above my lap, a perfect fit. It's never really comfortable though. I had like 4 different ways to play with mouse and keyboard on the couch. I ended up just buying a console and use a controller...

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
That Razer combo looks nice, but ... yeah $250, wow.

Couch gaming pretty much means using a controller for me. Sitting at desk is really the only good way to use a keyboard and mouse.