Oct 25, 2017
Q4t2eK5.jpg

Discuss what your drinking, latest purchases or recommendations. Micro or macro, doesn't matter.

Arrange trades if interested.

Helpful sites:

Is it craft or macro owned:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PVMuFsFoccOVnFAk_K619wAUruLLEe7kPqpd_sjoxuI/edit#gid=0

Style guidlines:
https://www.bjcp.org/docs/2015_Guidelines_Beer.pdf

Distribution map:
http://www.seekabrew.com/distro/index.html

Other sites/resources:
BeerAdvocate
Ratebeer
TalkBeer
TheBeerSpot

Untappd for checking in/rating beers (lot of users). Feel free to post your ID from there if you want to see what others are drinking and want to add some new friends.

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good to see the beer thread back. Can't stop the fresh hop!

Drank a couple LazerSnake IPAs from 3Floyds tonight. Solid IPA. Balances everything right.

TriniTrin

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Going local again-- just cracked open a Wet Dreamin' from Manayunk outside of Philly. Not bad at all.
I am drinking this set of beers that are a collaboration between two breweries in Colorado. It is crazy though because it is a "Blended" Collaboration beer which means you take one from each brewer and mix them together like a Black and Tan of sorts. One is a hopped pale ale and the other is an orange sour, pretty good and a very interesting idea I thought!

party-bus.jpg

stro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am I a neanderthal for really preferring trash domestic stuff instead of crafts? I've tried a lot of crafts and always find myself preferring a basic Coors Light or something.

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am drinking this set of beers that are a collaboration between two breweries in Colorado. It is crazy though because it is a "Blended" Collaboration beer which means you take one from each brewer and mix them together like a Black and Tan of sorts. One is a hopped pale ale and the other is an orange sour, pretty good and a very interesting idea I thought!

party-bus.jpg
An IPA and a sour mixed together doesn't sound awful, but I've had sour IPAs before and they turned out to be pretty bad. If they're made for one another, I'd give it a shot.

Am I a neanderthal for really preferring trash domestic stuff instead of crafts? I've tried a lot of crafts and always find myself preferring a basic Coors Light or something.
All about preference, my friend. I wouldn't sleep on craft, though. There are plenty of lagers, ambers and pale ales out there to satisfy those who stick to basic domestic brews.

TriniTrin

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
There is a reason they are called "Big Beer" in that tons of the world knows and loves their product! I would say try to find styles of beer you like and start going to local breweries with that style. Coors is a light lager I believe so maybe start looking for some light lagers or lighter style beers like a pilsner and the like. Ease your way into it and maybe you'll find something you love thats also local!

Alimnassor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I went to Total Wine here in Houston and bought $50 worth of beer.@_@ crazy! Saint Arnolds 6 packs for $6.99 <3

Alimnassor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thats why I fucking love St. Arnolds and Shiner. I can buy singles at a gas station or 6 packs for cheap at Grocery Stores. Besides they have an amazing taste, duh.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Our local grocery store is almost out of Sweetwater's Goin' Coastal, so we're trying to stock up on it as much as we can. It'll be a pity once it's all gone for the year.

IMG_5099-Large.jpg

While this represents the end of the beer's run for the year, I'm drinking one to ring in a new community :D

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did you go to GABF this year? I love that fest, always try beers that I love and can never get out here and then I get sad... LOL
I did not. Maybe next year? The brewery I work for had 4 people go this year. They had a blast. Didn't win any medals unfortunately. I'm sure if I went, I'd ask someone to follow me with a wheelbarrow for when I pass out after trying so many amazing beers.

TriniTrin

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
I did not. Maybe next year? The brewery I work for had 4 people go this year. They had a blast. Didn't win any medals unfortunately. I'm sure if I went, I'd ask someone to follow me with a wheelbarrow for when I pass out after trying so many amazing beers.
Nice! Definitely try to go next year with your brewery for sure, it is a great time and there is tons to do before and after the event too (especially if you are with a brewery)

Aomber

Oct 25, 2017
Beantown
Hey guys! Gonna follow this thread, tried a couple good beers recently, one new and one I revisited from before.

First one was Wormtown brewery's Be Hoppy IPA. Excellent beer, on the citrus-y side if that's your thing, it's an East Coast brewery but this is their take on a West Coast IPA.

be-hoppy-wormtown-1.jpg

Second one was Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin'. I tried this a couple years ago and I liked it but it didn't stick with me, found it much more enjoyable this time. Very smooth to drink.

giphy.gif

As far as Breweries go, I checked out Harpoon a few times recently. Great place, their beer isn't top tier or anything but it's a great place to check out with a few friends if you're ever in Boston. Unfortunately I tried getting in during the day on a Saturday and there was a 1 hour wait though, didn't seem to have problems getting in during the evening.

pvGVM7N.jpg

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Hello. I wasn't in the old Beer OT, but I love beer, so here I am.

So, living in Florida for the last five years, I've only noticed about a year ago that breweries are popping up all over. Pareidolia, Walking Tree, Side Door, Hell-n-Blazes, etc.

So I've been enjoying all sorts of local beers during that time. My wife, on the other hand, hadn't. Until this summer. Now she likes beer too. She's acquried the taste. She had so many local brews that when she finally sipped her first Miller Lite, she had the proper reaction of "WTF, that's it?"

Anyway, I had a couple bottles of Erdinger Weissbier Dunkel tonight (not local, obviously).

Decided to open something nice to celebrate the new site. Jackie O's Champion Ground.
24083858578_91540f6258.jpg

You from Ohio? I originally am. And I went to OU for grad and undergrad. I fucking love Jackie-O's, and I'm gonna try to bring some back after the holidays this year.

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jackie-O's is the gift that keeps on giving. Glad I have access to all of their beer.

Ever since BrewDog came to Ohio all I drink now is their Elvis Juice.
I like their PunkIPA. Elvis was decent. The brewery I work at just started sending travel kegs overseas to their main location. The owner apparently loves one of our sours and a sweet potato ale we make.

TriniTrin

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
giphy.gif

As far as Breweries go, I checked out Harpoon a few times recently. Great place, their beer isn't top tier or anything but it's a great place to check out with a few friends if you're ever in Boston. Unfortunately I tried getting in during the day on a Saturday and there was a 1 hour wait though, didn't seem to have problems getting in during the evening.
Bro, I had to check myself when that pic was moving.... LOL

Oct 25, 2017
An IPA and a sour mixed together doesn't sound awful, but I've had sour IPAs before and they turned out to be pretty bad. If they're made for one another, I'd give it a shot.

Finding sour IPAs to be totally hit or miss for me. That said, the hits keep me at least willing to try. Again, this is probably going to be too local but Heady Danker from Kennett Brewing in PA did it about as well as I've had-- also helped touch off the desire to find those under the radar more local finds.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
First picture post on the new forum!

Discovered this place near where I live (Brewlink). They have an Ivory Stout. And it's AMAZING.

TMP4JxRl.jpg

Formless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Antonio, Texas
It's funny. I lived in California pretty much my whole life. Couldn't get into beer for the life of me. A year into Texas, can't get enough of the stuff haha. I live about an hour from the Shiner brewery. They are never open when I'm off work though.

ohkay

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna have to lurk this thread to get ideas for the next time I pick up some beers