Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018

Only reason I am putting rumor is because SE has yet to come out and say it but with the actor of the lead posting this it might as well be as close to true as it can get.

Close if old.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Love his work on The Walking Dead. This is cool.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Cool to see the amount of Western talent SE is choosing for Forspoken (With this and Gary Whitta on the writing team). Definitely an interesting shift for this title.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Bear follows the account.

Screenshot_2021-03-30_at_18.29.26.png

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's cool, but I hope it doesn't feel too "western" honestly.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I mean there's a reason they wanted this to be a new IP and not a new FF
Part of the appeal to me was that this would be a western-influenced game but still JRPG-esque given it's a Japanese studio, which would make it stand out more.now It just seems increasingly like we're get a big Japanese AAA studio trying to make a western game now, western writer, western composer.

Edit: this

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Part of the appeal to me was that this would be a western-influenced game but still JRPG-esque given it's a Japanese studio, which would make it stand out more.now It just seems increasingly like we're get a big Japanese AAA studio trying to make a western game now, western writer, western composer.

They never sold the game like that though. So it's weird to expect that when it was never introduced like that.

I get what you mean though.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
They never sold the game like that though. So it's weird to expect that when it was never introduced like that.

I get what you mean though.
True, we don't get many AAA JRPGs these days so it's just sad. And personally JRPG music is typically miles more interesting and listenable to on its own than hollywood movie esque western game OSTs so :(

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
Bear's music is great, been a fan of him since Battlestar Galactica.

I am also happy to see Lee Pace might be involved as well, if you go by the logic of who is following that account.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Nooooooo wanted a Japanese composer like Shimomura😭😭

Maybe it will capture some of the the Metal Gear atmosphere through this.
Kojima is such a Westaboo it always felt like a japanese game trying to be as western as possible, even if in the end it came out very anime in some areas.
Even if the writer is also western, the director is still japanese, so I think it could still turn out a good blend.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it will capture some of the the Metal Gear atmosphere through this.
Kojima is such a Westaboo it always felt like a japanese game trying to be as western as possible, even if in the end it came out very anime in some areas.
Even if the writer is also western, the director is still japanese, so I think it could still turn out a good blend.
True. We'll have to see the gameplay. Just personally it's a big blow because music is a huge part of that JRPG feel for me :/ I liked God of War's OST, but it's no match for a Typical square JRPG OST.

Gabriel Hall

Oct 27, 2017

"Resurrection Hub" is one of the most memorable themes I've ever heard. It's weird, surreal, alien, yet with a clear melody that always digs its way into my brain every time I hear it. Absolutely stoked that Bear McCreary is the one behind this game. <3

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's still directed and produced by Japanese people if I'm not mistaken

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
He seems to be such a nice and wholesome guy. Hope the rumor is true.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Square Enix isn't sparing any expense to make sure this game is a hit, & I'm all for it.

hussmk

Oct 29, 2017
Not a fan. I found GOW's soundtrack to be utterly forgettable. I'm not shocked though given how terrible and generic the music in the trailer was. :(