JJD

Oct 25, 2017
No new maps?

What a disappointment.

The game is good, but the bugs, glitches and the lack of content are killing it.

And while I like rush and I'm going to try it with the reduced player count the last thing we need is more game modes to splinter the community. In one or two months no one is going to be playing co op or squad conquest.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Looking good for chapter 2. New weapons also. Alot of new ones added and now even more cant wait.

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
No new maps?

What a disappointment.

The game is good, but the bugs, glitches and the lack of content are killing it.

And while I like rush and I'm going to try it with the reduced player count the last thing we need is more game modes to splinter the community. In one or two months no one is going to be playing co op or squad conquest.
In one or 2 months everyone is going to be playing the BR mode

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Won't you listen 'cos I'm at it
Again
Lightning striking and on that
You can depend
They say that lightning never
Strikes the same place twice
Gods of thunder sit and watch
The event

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Wow I'm so glad a mode that's been in the series for near a decade is finally coming to bfv!

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
"Rush will only be available in #Battlefield V for a limited time, between March 7 – 20 on Twisted Steel, Narvik and Devastation. "

Thats bullshit... Why you time gate content like this? why?

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
They seriously fucked up with this game right? I would buy at if it wasnt half product, shame i wont be playing ww2 again :/

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
"Rush will only be available in #Battlefield V for a limited time, between March 7 – 20 on Twisted Steel, Narvik and Devastation. "

Thats bullshit... Why you time gate content like this? why?
Aaaand lol

I wish I could take the core gameplay of the game and transport it to another game with decent infrastructure. Like BF1.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Yes this game dont work as a GaaS. EA have no idea how to do GaaS titles. Just ask Ubisoft please. Now im worried about anthem

thejpfin

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
I'm not so sure is rush going to work well in BFV.
Rush was great in Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3, but after that it was pretty boring.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Wat. But why? Are they concerned about filling playlists consistently?

Probably, every BF game in the past several releases has suffered with too many game modes and not being able to fill the playlists. So many modes in BF4 and BF1 you can wait forever to try and get a possible game in, and already in BFV on PC many of the modes are DOA and you can't get a game going.

The battle royale mode is going to kill off this game really when so many go off to play that and ignore the other modes.

I'm not so sure is rush going to work well in BFV.
Rush was great in Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3, but after that it was pretty boring.

The maps in BC2 were made for rush, it worked perfect for that one game mode. Every other map since has been made to support large scale modes and rush just doesn't work.

The biggest issue with modern Battlefield games is that they keep trying to support a ton of different game modes, and it's not easy or possible to really make maps that are good for all these wildly different player counts and modes.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
From the OT:

FEBRUARY
PLAY CO-OP IN COMBINED ARMS
Combined Arms is the Battlefield V co-op experience, where you can improve your skills before taking on multiplayer. In your first Combined Arms endeavor, you'll attempt a surgical strike on a single objective in eight missions.

STARTING FEBRUARY 21
NEW GRAND OPERATION
Set on the Panzerstorm and Arras maps, a new Grand Operation is coming with Chapter 2. On the French and Belgian countryside, give it your all in Airborne, Breakthrough, and – for the first time in a Grand Operation – Rush mode.

MARCH 7 – MARCH 20
NEW MODE: RUSH
A classic mode returns for a limited time. In Rush, your objective depends on whether you're on the attacking or defending side. Attackers have a limited amount of respawn tickets and need to arm two bombs before the respawns run out. Defenders need to stop this explosive plan. Play Rush on Twisted Steel, Narvik, and Devastation.

JANUARY 17 – JANUARY 30
NEW MODE: SQUAD CONQUEST
Work with your squad in a fast-paced, intense take on Conquest available for a limited time on the Rotterdam, Arras, and Hamada maps. In this 8-versus-8 mode, two pairs of opposing squads compete to capture and hold flags until one team runs out of respawn tickets. Defenders start with control of all the flags, but losing flag control means no more respawns – and if all players are wiped out, they'll lose.

STARTING JANUARY 17
NEW WEAPONS AND VEHICLES
Wield powerful weapons like the Zk-383 submachine gun, the Modele 1944 semi-automatic rifle, and the M1922 MMG. Obliterate enemy armor with Tank Hunter vehicles and enjoy two fresh Reinforcements for Squad Leaders to call in: the Sector Artillery and the Smoke Barrage.

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/about/tides-of-war/chapter-2-lightning-strikes

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Probably, every BF game in the past several releases has suffered with too many game modes and not being able to fill the playlists. So many modes in BF4 and BF1 you can wait forever to try and get a possible game in, and already in BFV on PC many of the modes are DOA and you can't get a game going.

The battle royale mode is going to kill off this game really when so many go off to play that and ignore the other modes.
Nah. You cant get the BF experience in BR.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Wait I thought BR was coming in march too

Why announce rush in the january update if its coming with the march update

Lol

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Yes! BFV feels so fresh after BF1. It's a totally different game, in both mechanics and feel.

People who say otherwise havent played it.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I am super disappointed in how content light this ToW is and how late most of that stuff is coming. Rush as a limited time mode in March? lol

This all still seems like them finishing up the game. Does not feel substantial enough for how light this game launched. So far their service model has failed in my eyes.

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
Yes! BFV feels so fresh after BF1. It's a totally different game, in both mechanics and feel.

People who say otherwise havent played it.
I have played both, own both and BFV feels like the the one that came out years ago, not the other way around. But I'm hopeful that the server upgrade will at least make V as smooth as 1.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Why on earth is Rush a) not in the game already and b) only back for a "limited time"?

I'm a long time BF fan... it used to be my favorite franchise, but I can't bring myself to buy or even get excited about this game. Feels like it needed another year and a singular vision for what it should be.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Does Combined Arms have match making or is it invite only.

The trailers are certainly getting better, but they really need to rehire the guy who used to make the BF 3 and BF 4 trailers.
Hell didnt he have a protege who could emulate his style?

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I was looking forward to the new Grand Operation and Rush mode aaaaaand.... I'll have to keep looking forward, lol

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
I have played both, own both and BFV feels like the the one that came out years ago, not the other way around. But I'm hopeful that the server upgrade will at least make V as smooth as 1.
What? Battlefield V mechanic wise feels a lot more refined than BF1. It's a harder game to master, and the removal of 3d spotting is a blessing (it still is here, but it requieres special equipment to make it appear).
I've played Battlefield since 1942, so I know what I'm talking about.
Yes, servers feel weird, but once they are ironed out, BF V will easily be one of the best Battlefields ever.

Edit: forgot to mention, medic weapons need a buff.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Looks like Rush is getting folded into Grand Operations:

STARTING FEBRUARY 21
NEW GRAND OPERATION
Set on the Panzerstorm and Arras maps, a new Grand Operation is coming with Chapter 2. On the French and Belgian countryside, give it your all in Airborne, Breakthrough, and – for the first time in a Grand Operation – Rush mode.

I'd rather see them make good Rush maps then just try to shoe horn it into levels it wasn't made for.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
My prediction is that in 2 months everyone is going to try BR mode out for about a week and then fall back to playing regular Battlefield modes.

Bingo. I know I will. BF Battle Royale might be cool, but I'd rather play Conquest. I just tired of playing on the same maps, I have almost 120 hours logged on the game already.

Don't know how long the current maps are going to hold my attention. It seems that I play less of each BF game ever since BF3. I have thousands hours on Bad Company 2, BF3 and BF4. Almost not played Hardline, BF1 I don't think I have even 200 hours...

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
MARCH 7 – MARCH 20
NEW MODE: RUSH
[...]
Isn't it also pretty much a confirmation that BR/Battle for Grece/etc won't come before that date at best ? Actually now that I think about it, they were always only in the "starting in march" spot so we might not even get a new map every 3 month, Greece map could be released as far as April-June.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yay more content and new SMGs. Also, don't forget that during Jan we also get some large patches with some bigger changes in them.

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
I'm enjoying the game for now but I feel like we are getting way less new maps with this new GaaS model comparing to the old season pass model. I'd happily pay $40 for new map updates as I couldn't care less about the cosmetic stuff.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Oh, fuck the BR doesn't come until march. I feel like thats going to be the make or break point for this game if its not good.
Nobody in the core Battlefield community considers Battle Royale a "make or break." Actually, most of us don't care for it at all. Rush is the delicious morsel that has me salivating and they're fucking it up by making it a limited time mode. I'm rather pressed about that instead of the quality of the BR mode.

HaloForzaGuy

Nov 11, 2017
I'm enjoying the game for now but I feel like we are getting way less new maps with this new GaaS model comparing to the old season pass model. I'd happily pay $40 for new map updates as I couldn't care less about the cosmetic stuff.

I'd prefer no single player campaign over having season pass reintroduced... That just splits the userbase

CozMick

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feared this would be the case in a post-premium world.

Drip feeding shitty content over 2 years instead of the chunky, meaty content we've been getting for years with premium... smh.

#FuckTheHatersBringBackPremium

-2B-

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 23, 2018
Rush only for a limited time? Wtf....

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
Not really interested until they start fixing the bugs. I was originally all in on BF this year but the experience is so bad I quit and I picked up Blops. It's like night and day. It's so nice to play a game that feels consistent; TTD doesn't feel like shit, I have no trouble completing challenges, no buggy ass lmg bipods, no jumping at random 2 foot rocks trying to vault like 7 times in a row, no shit raining from the sky you can't deal with since you can actually run an AA class, I don't have to play game modes I don't like.

BF needs to do a lot better to win me back.

Oct 27, 2017
There must be some middle ground here. Like maybe a rotation of free DLC maps. Of course that probably won't happen because people are going to bitch about having to pay for new content.
I thought Gears 4 did it very well (maps rotated for free, but you can pay if you want to custom/private matches). And some cosmetic helpers.

Wasn't enough reason to buy the season pass for me through.

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Rush only a limited time event? LOL

It is one of the most popular game modes of the recent titles (I personally still would play Conquest). This is beyond a terrible decision for a core game mode.