WildArms

Apr 30, 2022
I sincerely hope Bandai invests to address the problem rather than shut the game down... Especially when Amazon is invested and publishing the global version. The next update is also due out end of February as well.

Just... I dunno. If they shut the game down before the west gets it or don't address the fundamental issues (especially when PSO2 NGS still exists. I feel that game is still in a far worse off state than Blue Protocol is).

Blue Protocol is my most anticipated game ever. I just hope for the best /sigh...

View: https://twitter.com/6d6f636869/status/1757894569059066137?t=Z14FDX86G5_p-k3xXeJvEw&s=19

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Copying my post from the other thread:

Blue Protocol is potentially one of the biggest missed opportunity in gaming. People are STARVING for MMORPGs. And they fumbled the bag hard.

I played the alpha, closed beta, closed beta 2, friends and family beta, and beta 3 for Blue Protocol. The developers were INCREDIBLY open to feedback. Each beta got better and better until the final beta. They fixed so many of our issues. They changed systems for the better. The game went from really rough to really fun.

Then...I don't know what happened. They must've gotten word from Bamco to ship or face cancellation because the final beta stunk and the release product is a shell of what was previewed in the betas. Entire systems were trashed. The game's focus took a hard left turn. And there was absolutely no content.

Just a sad situation. I put over 100 hours into the betas because the developers were so engaged. Barf.

Feb 21, 2022
The game looks like good fun. The gameplay looks great, the art style is vibrant, etc. Just seems like a case of not enough content, and that is something online games need the most. If people have nothing to do they will quickly leave your game. I remember the developers saying the game wasn't even an MMO or something along those lines years before release, but now that it's out everyone is treating it as an MMO?

Seems like some very weird management has been going on behind the scenes.

OP
OP
WildArms

WildArms

Apr 30, 2022

Blue Protocol is potentially one of the biggest missed opportunity in gaming. People are STARVING for MMORPGs. And they fumbled the bag hard.

I played the alpha, closed beta, closed beta 2, friends and family beta, and beta 3 for Blue Protocol. The developers were INCREDIBLY open to feedback. Each beta got better and better until the final beta. They fixed so many of our issues. They changed systems for the better. The game went from really rough to really fun.

Then...I don't know what happened. They must've gotten word from Bamco to ship or face cancellation because the final beta stunk and the release product is a shell of what was previewed in the betas. Entire systems were trashed. The game's focus took a hard left turn. And there was absolutely no content.

Just a sad situation. I put over 100 hours into the betas because the developers were so engaged. Barf.

Interesting. I had no idea the beta was vastly different, content wise, from the full release. Hopefully this changes and maybe they're just trying to improve things.

We're still waiting on the results from the survey they put out lately asking players what they'd like to see in game as well.

The February update looks really good too (at least, to the region being added). I love my coastal areas and Blue Protocol's looks reeeally good!

Mugsy

Oct 27, 2017
FYI thread title says million while tweet says billion, can a mod fix it?

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Can the game just/still release outside of Japan, please? That would maybe help...

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
With how Amazon has been promoting it, I'm worried about the Global release. Its been radio silence since the closed beta about 2? months ago.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington

Woah, this is the first I've heard of this. I had no idea about the progression of the betas to the full release. That sounds so baffling and awful. I'm sure the game can still turn around though, with it still having a chance to be released in other regions.

OP
OP
WildArms

WildArms

Apr 30, 2022
With how Amazon has been promoting it, I'm worried about the Global release. Its been radio silence since the closed beta about 2? months ago.

Right? Just doesn't make sense.

Woah, this is the first I've heard of this. I had no idea about the progression of the betas to the full release. That sounds so baffling and awful. I'm sure the game can still turn around though, with it still having a chance to be released in other regions.

I'm hopeful too. Especially how PSO2 NGS is still around when that game is extremely lacking content as well. Heck, I bet Blue Protocol has more content than PSO2 NGS still does.

OP
OP
WildArms

WildArms

Apr 30, 2022
Lost Ark, another Amazon-ported eastern MMO, had a peak of 1.3 million concurrent. New World had a peak of almost a million concurrent on Steam at launch.

Both are in the top ten all time concurrent.

So I'd say they are.

It's interesting because we're still also waiting on Amazon to also deliver on Throne and Liberty as well.