BanditoMac

Dec 13, 2017
heard of this process for balding men from this video today, called 'microblading', that looks to give some impressive results, tho the final video isn't out yet I think.

anyone else familiar or done something like this before? i don't really deal with hair loss myself, not yet anyway, but curious on what methods should hopefully prevent it from being a problem in the future.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Shave your head.

Go to the Gym.

Repeat.

(or so I was told, I did the shaving part).

This looks interesting though.

Jul 19, 2018
Bloody hell. My wife gets her eyebrows microbladed and it's like £200, must be a fortune for half a head! Obviously I've not watched the video so apologies if they state the price

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Seems like a lot of effort that doesn't solve it. Tattooing your head, your still bald man. I'm now imagining loads of actors doing this.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just shave your head and be done with it.

The further you bald the worst this will look.

Oct 25, 2017
So people actually do that scalp tattooing thing? What happens if you eventually go fully bald and you scalp is covered with permanent black dots. Also, I guess you can't ever go naturally grey, and no matter what you tell yourself, dye jobs always look terrible.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So now once this guy goes completely bald, they will just have dots all over their head?

Fantastic!

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't have the money to deal with anything if I start losing my hair. I've just got super long hair right now that I'm enjoying while it lasts.

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't this basically micro-pigmentation? Best way to deal with balding is accept it, even though that's really hard.

I've seen a lot of men with shaved heads who clearly had scars on the back of their heads from transplants. Unless you're on a combo of drugs and dropping money on multiple transplants, you will still bald and any progression of it will make stuff like this look terrible. This especially, as you'll just have a dotted head

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
So now once this guy goes completely bald, they will just have dots all over their head?
latest

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So people actually do that scalp tattooing thing? What happens if you eventually go fully bald and you scalp is covered with permanent black dots. Also, I guess you can't ever go naturally grey, and no matter what you tell yourself, dye jobs always look terrible.

Fantastic!

In the video they explain that it's the kind of ink that eventually gets absorbed into the scalp. I imagine they use that for this very reason.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
I had this going on, my solution was a number 2 clipper every Sunday.

This guy is really really self conscious about his hair. I know the feeling but its not worth all the different drugs and treatments etc

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Whatever Lebron and Tyga used is what I will use.

Is this it?

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Few things are sadder than not being able to confidently cope with losing your hair, as a dude. If it's going, embrace it. Shave/buzz that shit down and move on with life.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
What I don't get is, what happens when you bald to the point where you are forced to shave it? Or there is just no hair left on top? Wouldn't you just have a bunch of tattooed lines on your head?

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017

it's not permanent (at least the kind in that video), it fades over time and if you want you can just not do it again and it goes away.

It's like Microblading eyebrows basically.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
it's not permanent (at least the kind in that video), it fades over time and if you want you can just not do it again and it goes away.

It's like Microblading eyebrows basically.
Oh it's not permanent. Got it. Still seems pathetic to me (for the head), but at least it's a bit less crazy.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Few things are sadder than not being able to confidently cope with losing your hair, as a dude. If it's going, embrace it. Shave/buzz that shit down and move on with life.

I understand this mindset but don't really agree. That's like telling someone who's getting older and putting on weight that they just need to embrace it and not do anything to change it. I agree that doing dumb shit like spray on hair or trying bad combovers or whatever are not good looks but if you have the money what is wrong with trying the stuff from the video?

I'm 33 with a really nice full thick head of hair, all the men on my moms side have great hair well into old age so I'm probably going to be ok but who am I to judge someone who is losing their hair and has the means to fix it in a way that doesn't look horrible/obvious?

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Oh it's not permanent. Got it. Still seems pathetic to me (for the head), but at least it's a bit less crazy.

I mean, it works, certainly makes you appear to have a lot more hair and you don't look so thin, I don't really see its "pathetic," I know most bald people would love not to be bald and not everyone can pull off the shaven head look well, especially if your head is rounded.

Oct 28, 2017
Everybody here just immediately says "GO BALD" here without know any details. OP could be at one of many different stages of balding. Shaving your head isn't the answer all the time. I had some thinning hair and was able to really improve it with not a lot of work. But the answer here for me would have been to just go bald.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Lebron probably used a concealer product In the past considering how his hairline would disappear during the game with heavy sweating and reappear during the press conference.
Nah, he used a special type of spray, but that doesnt work as well for your hairline if it's gone, just patches up balding in general.

The barbers I go to use it on everyone.

He had his hairline surgically repaired.

Oct 27, 2017
I understand this mindset but don't really agree. That's like telling someone who's getting older and putting on weight that they just need to embrace it and not do anything to change it. I agree that doing dumb shit like spray on hair or trying bad combovers or whatever are not good looks but if you have the money what is wrong with trying the stuff from the video?

I'm 33 with a really nice full thick head of hair, all the men on my moms side have great hair well into old age so I'm probably going to be ok but who am I to judge someone who is losing their hair and has the means to fix it in a way that doesn't look horrible/obvious?

I think the general point is that sure, you can fight stuff like this if you have the money and the time and everything, but if your mentality is still hyper focused on your hair tied to your own value and feeling deficient from losing it it's just an ultimately vampiric attitude towards your own well-being for as long as you have to continue to focus on it.

Also the sucky thing is that whole moms side = no hair loss thing isn't really true, It's more of a genetic thing that you can get even if no one else in your family has it, or from a medical condition, etc. I think that's why it's particularly hard on someone at times.

OP
OP
BanditoMac

BanditoMac

Dec 13, 2017

word, I sort of see it almost as putting on makeup or a wig or colored contact lenses. some vanity helps people self esteem, so if it's not hurting anyone, i don't see the problem.

i'd probably end up going bald tho lol

also, if testosterone is a contributor to hair loss, wouldn't going to the gym exacerbate the issue? i admit to being ignorant

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Nah, he used a special type of spray, but that doesnt work as well for your hairline if it's gone, just patches up balding in general.

The barbers I go to use it on everyone.

He had his hairline surgically repaired.
Deion Sanders did something too. He was promoting it in his IG.

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
Just wondering if anyone considered whether some people look fucking shit with a shaved head regardless of muscle mass / definition?

Sure, I'm all for whatever makes you feel good personally. For some people that shaving, for others it's using a concealer or a transplant or a hairpiece, do what makes you confident in yourself. But you need to except that things are the way they are and that's extremely hard to do, but when you can it's liberating regardless of what path you choose to pursue after that.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
"Pathetic" is an absurdly harsh take, Jesus. As though it's not normal and perfectly human to try to improve the aspects of your appearance that make you self-conscious. That's the mindset of a bully.

People who can take the more visible effects of aging in stride are the exception, not the rule.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
"Pathetic" is an absurdly harsh take, Jesus. As though it's not normal and perfectly human to try to improve the aspects of your appearance that make you self-conscious. That's the mindset of a bully.

People who can take the more visible effects of aging in stride are the exception, not the rule.
Sorry, but I find tattooing your fucking head with fake hair to be absurd. And there is a perfectly normal way to improve one's appearance when heavily balding, and it's taking the hair down to a short length.

Maybe "sad" is a better term to use. I don't find the people to be sad, but I find being so desperate to have "hair" that they'd be willing to tattoo it on to be sad.

Last edited:

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Just wondering if anyone considered whether some people look fucking shit with a shaved head regardless of muscle mass / definition?

I think I do, but any money, youth grasping alternative seems pointless. I'm at the point where if I let any hair grow out it goes from Bozo the Clown to automatic combover. Just shaved the head again yesterday, feels good mang.

Also, something confident about saying fuck it, I look like this now.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Just wear a beanie everywhere you go, Tim Pool kept his on at the White House, you can wear it absolutely anywhere!

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I think I do, but any money, youth grasping alternative seems pointless. I'm at the point where if I let any hair grow out it goes from Bozo the Clown to automatic combover. Just shaved the head again yesterday, feels good mang.

Also, something confident about saying fuck it, I look like this now.
Exactly. There is nothing wrong with losing your hair, nor should it be embarrassing. Tattooing hair on your head is embarrassing. That's like some hair-in-a-can shit, only worse. lol

Zelenogorsk

Banned
Mar 1, 2018
Once you just bite the bullet and buzz/shave your head there is a nice freedom in not worrying about the whole hair situation anymore. The sooner you shave the sooner you can accept your lack of hair and move on with your life. Also even you think you don't look good bald trust me bald is always better than patchy struggle hair.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
As far as the guy in the video, therapy might be beneficial for him if he's stressing about his hair multiple times a day every day. Not that it's not something to be upset about, but just to possibly better cope with those feelings.