Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
www.mirror.co.uk

Back to the Future fan spots mind-blowing detail many missed - 35 years later

A fan of the Back to the Future movie released in 1985 has recently spotted something interesting in the movie about the mall that is blowing people's minds

the name of the mall changed

I mainly wanted to make this thread because I thought it was hilarious that this was being treated as a "mind-blowing" new discovery.

Oct 27, 2017
This has been known since, like , people used the internet to discuss movies.

Next someone will write an article about Kevin's plane ticket getting thrown out in Home Alone.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
While Clark said that the S stands for hope, real fans of Superman know that - for years - the S stood for Superman.

May 8, 2018
Yea. It's like really you just now noticed this. Also saw one idiot out there who doesn't know Biff From Mad Dog and was like interesting fact BTTF 3 is the first time Doc interacts with Biff at all and it shows a picture of Bufford.

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
Rex Chapman is the one of the worst follows on twitter. That is how this all started. He just crops out the og content and sends it without proof.

Next thing that is gonna be tweeted is how the mother is the same actress and how Michael J Fox plays his kid in the second.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
The next thing you'll tell me is that Marty altering the timeline permanently changed Jennifer.

Teejay

Oct 27, 2017
Usually sites feature stuff that they picked up on a post that becomes popular, it's the whole sharing stuff and going viral thing.

I remember seeing that a few days ago at imgur. It looks like the same video without the tiktok watermark/logo.

imgur.com

I did not know that

3601 votes and 130031 views on Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
You know what else NOBODY KNOWS?!

The popular adult cartoon show Rick and Morty was inspired by the relationship between Marty and Doc! Crazy huh!

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe anyone misses this. I was 8 when this movie came out and I caught it then!

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
They telegraphed it the entire film...the breeding pine trees line explaining why the mall was named as such, Marty destroying one of the two pines in Old Man Peabody's yard, the fucking Lone Pine Mall sign toward the end of the film literally shining in your face in the middle of the damn screen...

ErrorJustin

Oct 28, 2017
Before I clicked on this topic I said to myself "I swear to god if this is about Lone Pine Mall..."

A new generation of internet youth "discovers" this ever ~2-3 years.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
IgMyx.gif

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
Other little known trivia about the movie: Doc Brown scoffs at the idea of Reagan, a well known actor, becoming president, but Reagan actually DID become president in 1981!

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
You ever notice how the person who owns the Toyota dealership in the beginning of the movie when the truck is brought up on a flatbed also owned the town's Studebaker dealership in 1955?