Jan 20, 2024
Biden's slavish defence of anything Israel does makes it seem like he'd rather defund the entire international system as it is than have anything happen to his best bud Netanyahu. Even though Netanyahu is openly rooting against him and wants Trump to win.

Whales

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
even if they issue a warrant whos going to stop him? does the icc have a cops/ an army or what?

kIdMuScLe

Oct 27, 2017
Los angeles
Hell, I wouldn't be surprised that congress passes a law that would grant citizenship and extradite them quickly to the USA. Or some bullshit. Fuck them

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I find this interesting because Bibi feels like the tide is turning against him.
It's based on the 2014 war, according to reports, and it'll be more than just Netenyahu. The report I saw had them considering warrants for a number of Israeli and Hamas leaders for various warcrimes. Lot of countries going to find themselves in the same situation South Africa was in with Putin last year if these are expansive as was reported.

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
b0f7deec-f239-4a5a-ab8e-143b9632964f_text.gif

LMAO!

But seriously they should be.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
tbh, I love how Trump can attack Bibi and the latter still wants the former to win. Trump is more likely to turn just because.
Netanyahu is fully aware that Trump can say whatever, but at the end of the day, Trump and the Republican party hate muslims and love loss of life measured in statistics, compared to Biden who just largely doesn't care about these things. Bibi wants an active partner who will rubberstamp whatever he wants.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
God forbid genocide has consequences for the aggressor. I hope the ICC steps up. Calling what's happening in Gaza a "war" just isn't accurate at this point. Actual killing of Hamas militants is almost ancillary to civilian deaths at this point.

Oct 28, 2017
thank you. will have to google what country are those after work
There are 124.

The info is here.

Netanyahu is fully aware that Trump can say whatever, but at the end of the day, Trump and the Republican party hate muslims and love loss of life measured in statistics, compared to Biden who just largely doesn't care about these things. Bibi wants an active partner who will rubberstamp whatever he wants.
Don't discount Trump's need to appeal to the Evangelical voters by supporting Israel too. They believe that's where Jesus is coming back when he does and Trump must have that support. Its politically expedient for him and religiously necessary for Evangelicals.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
He's not wrong.

One of them arms, finances and politically protects a genocide.

The other is inflicting it.

Both know what they are doing.

Both keep doing it.

Both are responsible for what happens.

Don't go soft on a participant to genocide just because he's a part of your political party.

Funkelpop

Sep 2, 2022
Arrest him and his accomplices NOW. Evil murderous piece of shit. Biden wants to do something that can sway him favorably? Leave him out to dry so he can get arrested.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
Good, he should be worried about that. I hope he's tried and convicted, as impossible as that seems.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
What's a shitlib and why did you call them that?

Urban Dictionary: shitlib

Person with no core beliefs or values, other than supporting institutional power. Prefers slogans & optics to actual policy.

Person with no core beliefs or values, other than supporting institutional power. Prefers slogans & optics to actual policy.
"My rich neighbor just put a Ukraine flag in front of their house. What a shitlib!"

Portmanteau comprising the words "shit" and "lib." Used in leftist political discourse as a perjorative, mocking the spinelessness, stupidly, hypocrisy, and willful ignorance of American liberals.
"Vote blue no matter who! You're probably a russian bot trying to get Trump re-elected."

"Nope, I'm just not a shitlib like you. Hit the phones."

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019

Urban Dictionary: shitlib

"My rich neighbor just put a Ukraine flag in front of their house. What a shitlib!"

Portmanteau comprising the words "shit" and "lib." Used in leftist political discourse as a perjorative, mocking the spinelessness, stupidly, hypocrisy, and willful ignorance of American liberals.
"Vote blue no matter who! You're probably a russian bot trying to get Trump re-elected."

"Nope, I'm just not a shitlib like you. Hit the phones."
Thanks. I reported it for harassing another member.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

The International Criminal Court is being warned by members of Congress in both parties that arrest warrants for senior Israeli officials will be met with U.S. retaliation – and legislation to that effect is already in the works, Axios has learned.

Why it matters: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has gone so far as to urge President Biden to intervene to help prevent the warrants, Axios' Barak Ravid reported.
  • The ICC has been investigating allegations of war crimes against both the Israeli military and Palestinian militia groups dating back to 2014.
  • The White House declined to comment on Netanyahu's call with Biden but said "the ICC has no jurisdiction in this situation and we do not support its investigation."

Driving the news: House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) issued a statement on Monday calling the reported warrants "disgraceful" and "lawless."
  • "If unchallenged by the Biden administration, the ICC could create and assume unprecedented power to issue arrest warrants against American political leaders, American diplomats, and American military personnel," Johnson said.
  • Johnson called for the Biden administration to "immediately and unequivocally demand that the ICC stand down" and "use every available tool to prevent such an abomination."
  • The speaker joins several Republican lawmakers who have harshly criticized the ICC in recent days.

What we're hearing: One Republican House member told Axios there is already legislation being drafted to respond to any warrants.
  • An ICC spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Is right in the view war criminals should be held to account and not handwaved away from liability in war crimes because they're the president of the USA?

it's weird because when Putin got his ICC arrest warrants issued after the invasion of Ukraine, everybody in the White House and Congress including the GOP praised the move (correctly imo), despite Russia not being a signatory to the Rome Statute of the ICC either

but now that Israel or the United States could theoretically be hit with warrants?

lawless, disgraceful, a violation of sovereignty

you gotta laugh

Dec 30, 2020
I would enjoy watching Netanyahu running terrified, trying to flee an international arrest warrant, scrambling through barbed wire and mine fields and bombed out hellscapes of his own creation.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
it's weird because when Putin got his ICC arrest warrants issued after the invasion of Ukraine, everybody in the White House and Congress including the GOP praised the move (correctly imo), despite Russia not being a signatory to the Rome Statute of the ICC either

but now that Israel or the United States could theoretically be hit with warrants?

lawless, disgraceful, a violation of sovereignty

you gotta laugh
So, I'm going to note again: according to the reporting the warrants are a result crimes dating back to the 2014 war. The sources are saying that Israeli and Hamas leadership are likely to be served. Nobody has said the US is getting hit at all.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
So, I'm going to note again: according to the reporting the warrants are a result crimes dating back to the 2014 war. The sources are saying that Israeli and Hamas leadership are likely to be served. Nobody has said the US is getting hit at all.

true, and I doubt they will, but that's what Johnson is saying is the issue here with the ICC's conduct