tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
picpic.png

final-seasonup-2.png

Rules of the OT
  1. NO MANGA TALK!!! Some people have been waiting YEARS to see what happens in the story, so please don't be the person to ruin that for them.​
  2. No need for spoiler tagging if the episode has been officially and widely released to the public.​
  3. Please spoiler tag any leaks/rumors about an upcoming episode appropriately.​
  4. Manga talk may not be accepted, but manga readers are free to post here just like anyone else. Let's please not start any anime only vs. manga reader wars.​

Here is the link to the Manga Thread.

Update 6: The Final Season Part 3 Special 2 will release on November 4th, 2023.

View: https://youtu.be/E7WytLM2KvY?si=-hq_BqLRB0Fv61_2
Update 5: The Final Season Part 3 Special 1 will release on March 23rd, 2023.
Special 2 has a release date of Fall 2023.

View: https://youtu.be/RCkS3ASeIRI

Update 4: The Final Season Part 3 has been announced and will release sometime in 2023.
FPbf6oGXwAEDm_W

UPDATE 3: The Final Season: Part 2 has begun airing as of January 9th and will span 12 episodes.
Here is the new OP:

UPDATE 2: Final Season: Part 2 is scheduled for Winter of 2022.
UPDATE 1: there will be no episode on January 3rd. The next episode will air on Sunday January 10th.

NO MANGA SPOILERS/HINTS/NODS/EYE WINKS OF ANY KIND.... PLEASE.
There are many people here that have waited patiently without reading any spoilers up to this point, so let's all respect their decision and leave the manga talk in the Manga Thread.

With that being said: Welcome to Paradis[e], everyone!
Let's all have a great time watching this final season together.

Official Trailer for the Final Season

FAQ

Q: When does the Final Season air?
A: Episode 1 will premiere in Japan on Monday December 7th 2020 at 00:10 AM on the NHK channel.

Q: When/where can I watch the show subbed?
A: Episode 1 will premiere on:
  • Hulu on Sunday December 6th at 12:45pm PST. Regions: U.S., Canada (if more can confirm I will add them here)
  • Crunchyroll on Sunday December 6th at 12:45pm PST. Regions: U.S., Canada, U.K., Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, LATAM, Middle East (UAE, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Syria, Yamen, State of Qatar, Jordan, Kuwait, Iraq, Bahrain, Lebanon, Gaza Strip and Palestine) and Russia.
  • Funimation on Sunday December 6th at 12:45pm PST. Regions: U.S., Canada, UK, Ireland, Brazil and Mexico.
  • Wakanim on Sunday December 6th at 6:34 PM (GMT + 1). Regions: France, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Suisse, Tunisia, Morroco, Algeria, Quebec,Albania, Armenia, Azerbijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Georgia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia.
  • Wakanim on Monday December 7th at 11am GMT. Regions: Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland and Iceland.
  • Aniplus Asia on Monday December 7th at 6PM (GMT+8). Regions: Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and Philippines.
  • Animelab on Monday December 7th with time TBD. Regions: Australia and New Zealand.
  • Netflix on Friday December 11th with time TBD. Regions: Philippines and Thailand.
Q: Is WIT Studio still doing the animation?
A: WIT did not animate the Final Season. MAPPA is the studio that animated this season alongside an entirely new team.

Q: How many episodes will the Final Season be?
A: There is no official confirmation yet as to how many episodes the season will be. Judging by the blu-ray disc release, there will be (at the very least) 16 episodes. Nothing further has been confirmed.

Now... Let's get pumped!
tumblr_musmd2ATfm1rey868o1_500.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
tellNoel

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry about the delay everyone. It's been a busy couple weeks. I'll try and add some more to the OT soon.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
Wow didn't know it starts today, super hyped. Although I wait until the season is complete to binge.

Oct 27, 2017
We in here!

Also echoing the part about manga readers cutting out all the bullshit. Season 3 OT was ridiculous with all the "subtle" hints and nods and "you guys aint ready :)"s. Here's hoping this OT fares better.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Yup. When in doubt, shut the fuck up. "Oh but I'm just foreshad-" no - shut the fuck up. No funny business.

Let anime watchers have their fun in peace.

But yeah - fucking hyped for this. Let's go, MAPPA.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Yup. When in doubt, shut the fuck up. "Oh but I'm just foreshad-" no - shut the fuck up. No funny business.

Let anime watchers have their fun in peace.

The Season 3 OT was ridiculous with this, to the point I didn't even bother entering. Anyone purposely doing this, even if they set it up as a "theory" but know damn well it's what happens should be straight up banned, IMO. (not perm, obviously)

edit: basically the same thing kitsune said. lol

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Both very hyped and cautiously optimistic. I have no doubt the story will deliver, though I am a bit worried on the production side of things. Hopefully Mappa can pull it off.

BlackBoyFly

Oct 12, 2020
I don't think I've ever been this excited for any anime. I just hope that we can get a quality season from Mappa.

Few hours left, almost there!!

Eren Jäger

Jul 19, 2020
Hahaha what's sup!??? How ya been??? And thanks! I'm glad you like the Christmas outfit.
What can I say, this year has been shit. 2021 has to be 2020's redemption arc. Hope you got more lucky than me.

Something crossed my mind: Depending on the season's ending, I'll have to change my avatar. It could be a grave.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
This season is gonna be fucking killer, never has a show lost me so hard but brought me back to levels like this.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
What can I say, this year has been shit. 2021 has to be 2020's redemption arc. Hope you got more lucky than me.

Something crossed my mind: Depending on the season's ending, I'll have to change my avatar. It could be a grave.
2021 sounds cool to say it should be a good year. And nah... Eren ain't gonna die. There's no way. He's the main guy after all lol

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Cautiously optimistic but those character designs are on point at least on paper. Maybe even better than the old ones.

Rehynn

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
Between seasons I always forget why this show is so hype but then all it takes is a minute and I'm back on the train.

Eren Jäger

Jul 19, 2020
2021 sounds cool to say it should be a good year. And nah... Eren ain't gonna die. There's no way. He's the main guy after all lol
I don't know. Maybe there will be a climactic finale where Eren crushes the Marley empire and has to sacrifice himself. But I have no idea how the story will develop. Zero.

The relationship between Eren and Mikasa is an interesting sideplot I'm eager to see.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
hit watch. posting here in case there's some hidden content and needs a reply in the thread to see.

now to fly away from posting in here ever again

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
I don't know. Maybe there will be a climactic finale where Eren crushes the Marley empire and has to sacrifice himself. But I have no idea how the story will develop. Zero.

The relationship between Eren and Mikasa is an interesting sideplot I'm eager to see.
Eren X Mikasa is relationship goals. Imagine telling your significant other that you'll wrap a scarf around them as many times as they want as powerful and gigantic beings swarm all around you? RELATIONSHIP. GOALS.

Eren Jäger

Jul 19, 2020
Eren X Mikasa is relationship goals. Imagine telling your significant other that you'll wrap a scarf around them as many times as they want as powerful and gigantic beings swarm all around you? RELATIONSHIP. GOALS.
Eren x Mikasa must happen, but remember that Historia has her eyes on Eren, and Mikasa had to block Eren from her.

Imagine having a significant other.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait! I have such high expectations after the first 3 seasons. I really hope they stick the landing because it already is in my favorite animes of all time.

There are so many plot threads just off the top of my head that need to be wrapped up and I could really see there basically being a "basemen pt. 2" sort of reveal that makes everything come together and make sense.

Kimaris

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I'm ready, just finished watching the chronicle recap movie. If this maintains S3's quality then it will become my GOAT show.

Eren Jäger

Jul 19, 2020
Oh yeah.... Historia....she does kinda like Eren... Annie does too...

imagine being a TITAN lol
Oh yeah, Eren is a Titan and has only 13 7 years left. He has to make the best out of it.
--------------------------------------------
There are still other titans left we haven't seen. Hopefully they have an epic design and promise an TITANIC battle.

Last edited: