banshee150

Banned
Apr 3, 2019
With exploitative capitalistic milking machines such as Fifa and COD pushing the same game every year and the overabundance of MTX and GaaS elements, at which point do you expect this to become a uniform situation where you will have short, nonsubstantive campaigns complemented by mostly MP modes, propped up by genres that owe their existence to the online infrastructure alone that dilute, exploit and distort the gaming medium to the point that in the future all we will have to play are online GaaS with no SP and just endless whales and Destiny-esque season passes and updates?

Will you then rise up again this nonsense or just abandon the fight?

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When there are no good offline, linear, single player games to play. I already won't even touch the GaaS things.

Nov 26, 2017
When Nintendo goes out of business. I have always been a Nintendo gamer, I'm not ashamed to admit that. Even in a modern day and age they still consistently push out quality titles that, even if not generally loved by the public, have their own redeeming qualities about them.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
(Only going by that question in the thread title)
If everything is game-streaming or services ala Netflix. Then I'm out. Gonna be a "Retro Player" then, playing my "old" games.
edit.
If there aren't any good singleplayer games anymore. Then I will stop and play old/retro games only.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
vG0ZNrH.png

JooJ

Oct 27, 2017
Even if nothing worthy comes out after today, I'll still never be able to play every good game available.

So when I lose interest in gaming.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Whenever I read concerns like this, I feel compelled to dump a list of several dozen games that are full experiences not bogged down by MTX, GAAS, or annual fatigue.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
if i need internet to even start a single player game. comcast home internet is overpriced unreliable trash.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never?, I've been gaming for nearly 40 years and can't see me stopping while I am still physically able to play.

Gakidou

Oct 30, 2017
pip pip cheerio fish & chips
I already rise up, dingus.
There will probably always be indie games so long as there are gamers who see a demand for something going unfilled by big companies. So I'm not worried. Maybe you're unprepared to try something outside of your comfort zone so you're worried about the diminishing options in the triple-A space and franchises/platforms you invest your identity in?

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, probably never. Even if say, video games entirely stopped releasing in 2021, like there was never another video game released after that date, there's already enough out there that interests me that could fill my life time. So even if video games got to a point I no longer enjoyed what was coming out, there's still plenty I love from the thousands of titles that have released in the last 40 years.

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
When I can't game OFFLINE at all. I will forever love multiplayer games, but singeplayer story driven games as well.

When they force me to stay online 24/7 for even singleplayer games I will probably go hit the gym instead.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
When fully developed, offline single-player games stop being made. But even then I'd just go back to my vast library of games and replay old games and such so it's not like I'd stop playing games

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When the enjoyment I derive from them becomes less than the next viable alternative for my attention. So likely when I die.

NYCrooner

Jan 3, 2018
Having a kid and a bum thumb has made it very difficult to game. Ultimately, life will dictate when I stop, not the industry.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Considering that gaming keeps expanding and opening up avenues for more diverse and creative content, I don't see it ever happening. You all need to let go of EA and Activision defining the entire industry. There are multiple business models and customer segments and lots of great content out there.

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
I've pretty much stopped buying new games outside of the occasional indie game. Instead I've gone and started playing old games that I enjoy, this I can do until I croak. So I'll never abandon it completely, but as a consumer of new games, I'm pretty much done.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
The main one would be Nintendo exiting the video game business. Nintendo is basically the reason I play video games, and if they were no longer making video games, I would most likely stop playing them altogether.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
When I stop having fun with it.

And being a fan of competitive games, especially fighters, I doubt that I'll ever stop having fun.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even if every game from today onwards became MTX filled whale fishing bullshit there are enough games released thus far that I could never run out of games to play. My steam library alone ensures I'll be gaming until I die.

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
The new cod is good fun and games like CSGO exist thanks to new models and it's the best thing ever. Long live the future.

Jun 2, 2019
Nintendo leaves the business

I'm a pc gamer too, but I need Nintendo to fuel my gaming appetite and do what other companies doesn't. Once they're gone I see no incentive on keep gaming