Status
Not open for further replies.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
My man the color you used for the "if this changes" is legit hurting my eyes, it might be that I've been up for 20h but still.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested to see Kripp and Savjz play but I doubt I will be buying it.

I need mobile for card games and this looks particularly confusing. Can't wait to hear what people think though.

Aesthet1c

Oct 27, 2017
Don't have an invite for this, but I've been excited about it since the announcement. Looking forward to seeing what everyone thinks of it!

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
I can't wait to play the beta tomorrow. I have beta access.

R5p9G94.gif

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
FYI: Ars Technica will have a first-blush look at the game's beta at 7 p.m. ET today (meaning, less than 3 hours from right now).

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
FYI: Ars Technica will have a first-blush look at the game's beta at 7 p.m. ET today (meaning, less than 3 hours from right now).

Great, I found your earlier pieces on the game super informative.

Will there be discussion on game modes that haven't been mentioned before? I am particularly interested in seeing if there's a way to host free draft tournaments with friends/Era.

samred

Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Great, I found your earlier pieces on the game super informative.

Will there be discussion on game modes that haven't been mentioned before? I am particularly interested in seeing if there's a way to host free draft tournaments with friends/Era.

I can't say anything else until the article goes live. But I'll check into the Ars comments section this afternoon and answer people's questions best I can.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, are TI/PAX attendees supposed to have early beta access? I thought we just got access to the beta from the 19th on + a copy of the game?
I was thinking today was Sunday for some reason. I actually get to play Monday.

But yes, TI/PAX attendees will get in on Monday. I feel bad for anyone that bought the $200 keys for 8 days ahead of release :/

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Man I cant be arsed followed these beta key lottery that spamming my twitter timeline because too manh of them.

Fuck valve if that the only way to get beta access.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
It's only a week. You won't be too far behind.

Gonna try to give competitions a go with artifact?
yeah its why Im not bother. But still helluva idea from valve to only give beta access from twitter lottery.

About competing I'm interested but tbh my wallet is very limited atm.

I'll try to see how far I can get with initial cost and on the process also gauge how much I liked the game.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah its why Im not bother. But still helluva idea from valve to only give beta access from twitter lottery.

I'll try to see how far I can get with initial cost and on the process also gauge how much I liked the game.

Will it turn you off if most competitions are gauntlets?

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017

Twitter lottery isn't the only way, PAX and TI8 gave out keys, the former if you played it at the booth and the latter if you attended and linked your badge with you Steam account.

samred

Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Here ya go: a tooooon of screens and info from yours truly: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018...o-play-valves-first-card-game-and-how-to-pay/

Should you want more card packs or tickets, Valve will sell them to you. $1.99 nets you a card pack, which includes nine random cards and one "hero" set—which includes a hero card and any other cards that come with said hero. To review: every Artifact card deck requires five hero cards, and these, as seen in the tutorial, determine which kinds of cards you can play in a given lane. All hero cards come with at least one hero-exclusive card, which is always shuffled into your deck should you equip that hero.

Tickets, meanwhile, come in packs of five for $4.95 a pop. You can only earn tickets and card packs in certain modes, and playing in these modes requires spending tickets. It's a bit of a Street Fighter arcade rule here (as in, winning players can stay on a SF cabinet with only one quarter). Similarly, if you're great at Artifact, you can effectively rack up tickets and keep playing in modes that cost one or two tickets to enter. Pricier ticket modes dole out random Artifact cards that you get to permanently put into your deck.

For example: As of right now, a five-ticket entry into a random-draw competitive mode, shown in the above gallery, costs $4.95 if you're out of tickets. By entering this mode, you receive five card packs that you get to keep, which would cost $9.95 purchased at normal rates. That might be what you want to spend your first five tickets on, which come in the base package.

In short, Valve has monetized the kinds of special-draw modes that keep games like Magicinteresting on a competitive level while, at the same time, incentivizing good performance in those modes. And to clarify, you can play most of the offline and online modes without ever touching this ticket system.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Will it turn you off if most competitions are gauntlets?
From what I see.. its actually not tbh. Arens in hearthstone turn me off because doing great in that mode have almost little to no correlation to the competitive mode.

But Idk what playstyle that most attractive to me in this game yet. The synergy in constructed or more stat oriented gamr in the draft or how exactly different the game feel in multiple format.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
haha right now strifecro and reynald got matched up, this should be interesting

Gyroscope

Oct 25, 2017
So it seems there is no way to make a Draft Tournament in the game? That's not good looking...

Status
Not open for further replies.