Darksol

Oct 28, 2017
Japan

Reminder: make sure you and/or your tattooist understand the language of something you're going to put on your skin.
uDdijRz.jpg

^ Now deleted.

Last edited:

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I love that bbq style, it was the right choice! Don't make fun of her for knowing what's good.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
This shit happens all of the time. I've had Chinese friends tell me they've seen people walking around with all kinds of stupid or nonsensical shit tattooed on them, which they thought was some deep spiritual thing. Like "wood block" or "dog breath".

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
Damn how do you not vet for things like this with that much money and time.

boybrushdRED

Oct 26, 2017
Philippines
Last edited:

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think getting nonsensical words from foreign languages tattooed on your body is way cooler and infinitely more hilarious.

It's in the same spirit as this:
Photo-0100.jpg

engrish-shirt.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Lol, even google translate would have saved her from this.

Yeah 七 is seven but 輪 is just used to describe the shape. It's also used for instance to write wheel (車輪), what she was looking for was 指輪 which literally just means finger ring.

Last edited:

3bdelilah

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It baffles me how relatively many people do very little research about something permanent like this body mutilation. Have fun with your BBQ.

siddx

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
That's too bad. She clearly trusted someone to provide her with an accurate translation and that person either fucked her over or dropped the ball.
Either that or her dumbass went to Google translate and has nobody else to blame.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
She gotta run with this for her next album now. Call it "BBQ" or something.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Well, sucks for her but now I want to know more about this grill

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
As long as she's owning it.

I have no issue with people having literal gibberish tattooed - if it looks neat, why not.
Which is weird, as imho this tattoo isn't even all that pleasing to look at due to the imbalance in complexity of the two Kanji.