• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should the master chief’s face be shown in a new halo game?

• Never! The Chief shall always be unknown

Votes: 706 65.3%
  • Sure thing, let the Chief be shown

Votes: 375 34.7%

• Total voters

Deleted member 40053

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 17, 2018
Simple question... Are gamers ready for a Halo game where master chief is humanised (no helmet) or is this even required to take the series in a new direction ? Would the backlash be fierce, would there be a backlash at all?

Edit... oh no master chef!

Broken Joystick

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
England
MasterChef-The-Professionals-Gregg-Wallace-pulls-a-face-713493.jpg

SuperSplit

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Just kill him and make Jerome the protagonist already

Jerome v Atriox is way more exciting than Chief something Cortana + 12 Wardens

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
it's like the grey suit of Kiryu. He can wear something else for awhile but when the shit has to go down, he has to don the helmet again :D

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What does that really accomplish? I'm all for a new direction for Halo but I don't really see the point of this.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Master Chief at this point can keep the helmet. it's his character and the face reveal wouldn't even mean much at this point.
The books and other lore go about it so much, all we're missing is an official render of it. The time to show his face was Halo 3.
The only other moment that'd fit him revealing it would be a passing of the torch kind of scene to Locke. Which would help signify the impact
of him "retiring" and such.

BouncyFrag

Oct 27, 2017
I'm cool with MC tossing the helmet. I'd say giving Link voice acting would cause a bigger ruckus heralding the beginning of the apocalypse.

Jan 9, 2018
New halo is a story driven cinematic story about the humanity of chief (could even begin 3rd person) but then you have to go back to the suit one last time to save the day. That would be awesome.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Master Chef should die by getting decapitated and his head falling into some dark chasm or pit of lava, never to be seen again, never to reveal what he really looked like.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do people really care at this point?

It's long been time to do something with Halo if it's going to a big deal again.

Nov 1, 2017
Underneath is just some genetically enhanced generic bald soldier so the helmet is much more interesting. Leave it on.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Halo doesn't appeal to me, but I do remember WWF removing Kane's mask. They should never have done it. Please don't do it.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see the benefit of having him take the helmet off. The design /is/ the suit, the face behind it doesn't matter at all besides satiating people's curiosity.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I don't see what Master Chief losing his helmet would add to the story at all, personally.
Facial acting? Emotion? A means to have to the character interact with the rest of the cast outside of a combat enviornment?

Just seems so obvious to me. He's either a faceless avatar or he's a character. If they want Chief to be a character, then take off the damn helmet.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If he removes the helmet, we should only be allowed to see his head from behind. No way can they show his face in any way.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
What does that really accomplish? I'm all for a new direction for Halo but I don't really see the point of this.
It humanizes him more which can be used to tell a more emotional and compelling story. With the Helmet on he always comes off a robotic space terminator goon. There's no reason not to take the helmet off and honestly i thought it would have happened 3 games ago.

SpinlyLimbs

Banned
Feb 1, 2018
Not unless 343 wants tons of people being confused as to why they've been playing as a redhead this entire time.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I hope he takes the helmet off to reveal another smaller helmet underneath it.
Next reveal in 15 years.

Valkyr1983

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NH, United States
Member has been permanently banned: misogynistic behaviour that was previously warned multiple times and has now reached its peak with the current avatar.
No

The look is iconic

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Based on the hackneyed writing of Halo 5 he'll absolutely remove his helmet

in a final cutscene plea with Cortana, then she'll undo the damage she's done, erasing herself in the process

Oct 26, 2017
The man should be buried with his helmet.
His appearance should never be shown, part of what makes him great is him questioning his humanity and the imagination of the players.

it's essentially V from Vendetta.

Chief as a person is anyone we want him to be but, Chief is who we need.
His helmet is a shoe that anyone can imagine themselves in, a blank canvas that portrays hope.

Conor419

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
London
If Microsoft do this, I will personally write to the CEO and tell them that they need to sell the Halo IP as the company do not deserve to manage it.