ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
https://deadline.com/2021/09/archer-renewed-for-season-13-at-fxx-1234846188/

Archer is to continue it long-running stretch.

FXX has renewed the animated comedy for a 13th season. The Disney-owned network will launch the eight-episode run in 2022 and like its current 12th season, will premiere on FXX and be available to stream the next day on FX on Hulu.

It comes as the 12th season – the show's last featuring the voice talent of Jessica Walter as Archer's mother and spymaster Malory Archer – continues on the network.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
i guess it'll be interesting to see how the show deals with walter's passing but i really didn't think they'd be able to continue without her

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
You don't think they would be able to mine some drama or comedy out of the established alcoholism angle of a character who just lost his mother?

They will find a way of managing it.
I don't doubt they could, but they already did that last season with Archer finally dealing with Woodhouse's passing, and that was after they softly reestablished that Archer's relationship with his mom is pretty central to the show.

Losing her is a pretty big hit to the core cast.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
I don't doubt they could, but they already did that last season with Archer finally dealing with Woodhouse's passing, and that was after they softly reestablished that Archer's relationship with his mom is pretty central to the show.

Passings happen. Often quite close to each other.

And in some ways, this could fit Archer in a healthy way. He has to mourn, but nobody is around to clean up his mistakes now. He has to find a new healthy centre.

I don't think Archer can run much longer, but I think it can handle this in good fashion.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be interesting to see how they proceed without Jessica Walter

Hootie

Dec 25, 2017
Is there any season worth watching after ~7? Seasons 1-2 are all-time great, 3 and 4 are good, but 5 seemed to nosedive outside of a couple of decent eps, and then 6 and 7 were gutter trash and I stopped watching at that point

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Is there any season worth watching after ~7? Seasons 1-2 are all-time great, 3 and 4 are good, but 5 seemed to nosedive outside of a couple of decent eps, and then 6 and 7 were gutter trash and I stopped watching at that point
11-12 have been a nice return to season 3-5 levels.

none of the dream seasons except 199x are worth your time.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised that it won't be the last season. I'm still watching, but it doesn't really feel like there's much left to go.