Village

Oct 25, 2017
There are a grand total of 2 sonic fighting games, " The fighters" and " Sonic Battle " . Both pretty fun games that for whatever reason got no sequel. In this age of a fighting game renaissance where it seems like IP's are coming out of the wood work to make some form of fight game. There are some that i hope eventually get one. ( Still waiting on that transformers fighting game ) . One of the IP I hope eventually get one, is sonic. Sonic is an IP i feel has made good fighting games previously and has enough history and characters to make a pretty good one today. ( also you can like anthro-ize other sega characters and put in em like back in the day. you could just make a character named Bayo-Wolf and she's just bayonetta. Or a dragon named kiryu, this is free sega . Free real estate)

Now sega is currently doing various non fighting games things with sonic

• Making a new game
  • A comic
  • A film Stares despondently
  • Rumor is a cartoon
  • Some successful mobile games
  • Cool Olympic game(s)
  • Internet memes
  • Merch
  • a literal toaster
  • Possibly a big the cat body pillow. That's not a joke
None of those look like making a sonic fighting game. Well fortunately for us , a developer called ArcForged ontop of making their own fighting game called Origin of Storms is making a sonic fan fighting game Called " Sonic Smackdown". ( is also double funny if you like wrestling because smackdown is the blue color ) .

Now to warn you, this isn't done. Uh there probably infinites, and not masked jackal. All the characters aren't in there, they just added knuckles and I'm sure he does not have all his moves yet. But it looks interesting and I wanna share it

Here's the twitter

There are a bunch of videos of the game on the twitter, but here's some footage.

As far as I know there are 6 planned characters

Sonic
Mecha Sonic
Shadow
Knuckles
Rouge ( Not in yet )
Tails ( Not in yet )

Check it out

Also I dunno if this premise interests you at all. Maybe let folks at sega know you think this premise is interesting. And maybe one day we will Get Sonic Battle 2 or something

edit: Damn fucked up the title

Last edited:

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
looks dope, can't wait for it to get c&d'd

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Needs Nack the Weasel and his broken pop gun to be a true sonic fighting game

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Sega doesn't C&D Fan games generally. There's actually a whole convention dedicated to sonic fan games. Called SAGE
That's not gonna happen, tho... Sega's not Nintendo.
Looks dope. In fact after watching it I want a Sonic The Fighters 2 or a SEGA vs SEGA game.

SEGA doesn't do that with Sonic Games.

damn, you saying my yakuza visual novel has a chance?

seriously though that's dope

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Sonic fan-game community continues to surprise and delight me more than modern Sonic Team. This looks rad.

BackwardCap

The King of Games - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
A modern fighter is the best way to utilize Sonic's gigantic cast of characters. If only Sega would get in on it.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Between this and Sonic Mania, SEGA might as well just replace Sonic Team with fans and we'd get better games.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't the Battle 2 that I want, but it's cool to see someone tinker with the franchise in a way that isn't another platformer.

Kalmakov

user requested ban
Banned
Sep 10, 2019
Game looks super dope, been following the development for a bit. My only complaint is some animations look a little wonky. Sonic's idle animation with the Ryu pose doesn't work for his kind of character. He needs something akin to SFV Ken.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Actually impressive. Not a big fan of characters turning their backs to the camera though.

Edit: Looked up his other fighting game and damn, someone better snap these devs up quick.

Last edited:

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
damn, you saying my yakuza visual novel has a chance?

seriously though that's dope

I think the only thing they've ever gone after was a Streets of Rage fangame, but I wonder how much of that effort was because it uses Yuzo Koshiro's music in particular.

They are crazy lax with Sonic fangames. Capcom's lax too unless the project actively competes with something they're making themselves.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
If this integrated Sega's other IPs like Fighters Megamix did I'd be drooling.

Add Akira, Sarah Bryant, Kage from VF. Honey from Fighting Vipers, #41 Hornet from Daytona, a Dragoon from PZ and Hyper Dural as the boss.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
They're constantly updating it; Rouge is now in.

Pick this up, Sega. I know someone there is reading this.

OP
OP
Village

Village

Oct 25, 2017
For all those going to CEOtaku, this is gonna be there. Also, tails is in the game .

Check it out