Is Season 2 Battle Charge Pass bringing you Back?

• Yes

Votes: 55 39.0%
  • No

Votes: 35 24.8%
  • I Never left.

Votes: 51 36.2%

• Total voters

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Season 2 begins July 2nd. And Kings Canyon will never be the Same
apex-screenshot-season2-wattson-heart.jpg.adapt_.crop16x9.1455w2BIG-1-e1561592474555-620x349.bmp

Official Gameplay Trailer

A New Legend Joins The Fray: Watson!

wattson-will-arrive-in-apex-legends-season-2.jpeg

Apex-legends-season-2-trailer-leak.jpg

flyer.0.jpg

62zza4ti5v631.png

• New Ranked leagues: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond and Apex Predator (highest tier league)
  • Kings Canyon visual overhaul
  • New Legend
  • New Sky-dive Emotes
  • New Weapon
  • New Weapon Skins
  • New character Skins
  • Lore
Battle Charge pass Details

Last edited:

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I'll admit that I haven't been paying attention but they did change the look of the game?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everything looks great about this season so far, hopefully they deliver. Love the game but the post-launch support so far has been pretty bad, so this has been a long time coming for sure.

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I wish this was the style for the game - but either way, it was a great trailer, showed off new mechanics well, and it's all stuff you can do in the game.

I regret spending my credits on Caustic now...

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
It looked Fortnitey in the original trailer too IIRC.

This looks great! Beasts on the loose!

Oct 25, 2017
That art looks so good in cell shading. I wish they would make the game to look this way.

It is kinda weird though, why even use cell shading for the trailers in the first place? It's not like a super polished cg version of their in game's style like a lot of trailers will do, but a completely different style with seemingly the same game assets. But why? Are they testing reception to a potential style change? Is it only to bait fortnite players into trying it? Why bait them with a trailer when the game could look just as good?

Last edited:

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
There always one thing people get hung up on. This time it the fucking art style. LOL!

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Neat!

I like the cel-shaded look of the trailer. Wish it was a thing in the actual game.

Also it makes octane look even more like a Borderlands character.

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely. Why wouldn't they?

I've been playing since launch and I still think this is the best battle royale game of them all, but I loved Titanfall and Titanfall 2 so much so I'm probably biased.

I meant of course they want to, I'm not knocking them on that. I just wonder why they didn't go fully in on it, and style the game similarly. The designs works really well in that cell shading, and looks so much better than what they have in game.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I don't want to sound too shitty about this, but make the game look like this. It's baffling that they obviously think this is the best way to present the game in a promotional context, but they don't use this style in the actual danged game. Consistency between the game and the game's pitch (in something that's presented using game-style visuals/animations/angles) isn't too much to ask.

Last edited:

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
I don't really agree it looks so much better than what's in the game. I like the way the game looks and I think it is in service to the gameplay as well. As a way to create some fun movies for people to get excited about playing? It's cool.

Also, if they made it cel shaded then a different contingent would be bitching it's a Fortnite clone. You can't win either way so this is probably the right route.

Nov 15, 2017
ok, i'll admit. I'm cautiously excited.
I enjoy the game just wish there was more to it.
Also put me in the camp of those who love the art style in the trailer more than the actual game.

VoidPlot

Nov 1, 2017
Hopefully some changes happen to the map after the official release (even though it's been leaked like crazy rn :P ) . Yesterday alongside the gif they tweeted they released a laptop . Hopefully today something else happens as we countdown till July 2nd . This has been a insane week for anyone following the data mining of this game .

Oct 25, 2017
It's baffling that they obviously think this is the best way to present the game in a promotional context, but they don't use this style in the actual danged game.

Right, this is exactly what I was wanting to say. It's a really odd mixed message. The trailer looks like a different game. And one that I would rather play, at that.

OHRye

Nov 17, 2017
I'm mostly interested in ranked mode. I hope it's not just based on placement.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it brings more players back. I tried it again after not having played it for a while and for the first time ever it took a good long while to find games. I am guessing player count has dropped off a cliff.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I don't really agree it looks so much better than what's in the game. I like the way the game looks and I think it is in service to the gameplay as well. As a way to create some fun movies for people to get excited about playing? It's cool.

Also, if they made it cel shaded then a different contingent would be bitching it's a Fortnite clone. You can't win either way so this is probably the right route.

Disagree complete with this.

Jun 12, 2018
Why are people acting like they've never seen an artistic cinematic trailer be released alongside a gameplay trailer before lol. That artstyle from that cinematic doesn't even look all that anyways

not sure why they dont lead with the gameplay trailer -

Map changes, new locations, and leviathans in the map ftw

OP should update with this

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Come on, if this trailer had been look! we made it all cell shaded! This thread would be full of glum people moaning it now looks to much like BL and how they've ruined it.

I honestly don't really care what ERA thinks and if people think they copied Borderlands or Fortnite. It's a game with a pretty unoriginal premise to begin with and has some twist on top of that.

I just think the promo material is far more visually interesting and engaging than the actual game that looks kind of washed out and smeary at times. Nothing distinctly original about the way the game looks now anyway.

Nonetheless, cool trailer. Hopefully Season 2 is great.

Brandwin

Jan 1, 2018
I hope it brings more players back. I tried it again after not having played it for a while and for the first time ever it took a good long while to find games. I am guessing player count has dropped off a cliff.
Weird. I have played this almost every day since release and never wait more than 3-5 seconds. This is actually the first complaint I've ever seen about having to wait to get into a game except when server issues.

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
Weird. I have played this almost every day since release and never wait more than 3-5 seconds. This is actually the first complaint I've ever seen about having to wait to get into a game except when server issues.
Same. I play regularly. I have never had issues. It is maybe a hair slower when you get into Apex Elite, but still like five seconds is the max.

Oct 27, 2017
Uh, the art style reminds me of Borderlands and that's not a good thing.

I guess I'll uninstall it for good now.

Edit: oh its just for the trailer? Ok...but something tells me that they will change it later.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Depends on your region I suppose.

On Asia, weekdays late night its pretty sparse right now. Used to be able to hit the MM button and find something in under 5 seconds.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Come on, if this trailer had been look! we made it all cell shaded! This thread would be full of glum people moaning it now looks to much like BL and how they've ruined it.
Cel-shading makes things better though. I still haven't tried Apex but I would 100% get into it with a solid cel-shading style.

OP
OP
Toni

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Right, this is exactly what I was wanting to say. It's a really odd mixed message. The trailer looks like a different game. And one that I would rather play, at that.

Maybe a graphic overhaul / update is planned in the long term, with updated spec requirement. Sort of like the one(s) Fortnite has had in the past. Personally, I would love it if that was the case. The cel-shaded tech used in the cinematic trailer is more up my alley as ot looks...how can I say... more modern & realistic?

Its not a total, by-the-book, cartoon-ish, cell shaded art style like the one found in Borderlands. Not to mention it contains awesome clothes and hair physics. Really hope Respawns greenlights an update of this degree into the game eventually.

Last edited:

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
I'm curious about what the Leviathans will add, will they wander around the map? Will they just move and stomp the ground at certain places? Also can the flyers that hang about be aggressive towards the players?

Edit:
QMG9aIW.png

Might as well make some predictions.

Hacker character (Obvious).
Stuns/Cancels opponents skills, like Overwatch Sombra. Can't quite see how they otherwise would use these skills in an environmental effect.
Is anarchist (keyboard button style on second time you see them), so totally gonna be into the "oh yeah chaos!" personality frame.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Toni

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
^I can definitely see that as our next playable Legend. Really digging that its a Hacker type and judging by the amount of ruckus (and radius holy shit) that the Emp caused, he could really mix things up in matches.

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
its interesting how the gameplay trailer, is still not officially out, only the cinematic one, they did not come along side each other. Maybe they meant for the gameplay one next week?

Anyhow, did you guys see those brand new buildings? These are wayyyyyyy more changes that I expected, that map is not the same at all