Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
here
apnews.com

Waffle House raises worker pay after strikes and pressure from labor organizers

Waffle House is increasing pay for its U.S. workers after a push from labor advocates. In a video message to employees late last month, Waffle House CEO Joe Rogers III said base pay without tips would rise to at least $3 per hour in June and then gradually rise to at least $5.25 per hour by June 202

chair-parry-waffle-house.gif

In a video message to employees late last month, Waffle House CEO Joe Rogers III said base pay would rise to at least $3 per hour in June and then gradually rise to at least $5.25 per hour by June 2026.
late shift gonna get a pay bump too
Rogers said wage increases will be paid for by higher menu prices, and that wages will rise more slowly in some rural markets than in urban ones. The company is also adding tenure bonuses and premiums for working later shifts.
remember, workers have the power
"The raises show that the company is feeling the heat," Katie Giede, a Waffle House server in Atlanta who wants to see wages increased to $25 per hour, said. "We're going to keep organizing and keep fighting until we win."

harada, put a fucking Waffle House stage in Tekken if old

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, that wasnt just a deflection. She had a soft enough touch to rotate it and slow it down, then deflects it away. Masterclass in Waffle House chair defense.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
They should have made chair-girl their mascot rather than fire her. I'm not american and know nothing about Waffle House, and even I am in awe of her legend.

Derbel McDillet

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 23, 2022
That's good. I guess the Tekken check cleared.

www.resetera.com

Harada Asks For An Explanation Behind Waffle House Tekken Stage Requests (Considering it)

https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/1774023083764199566?t=kIDuvJX8LNaXxmzC72IXmw&s=19 I didn't even know this was a thing people wanted, but I can only imagine how many times he's been asked for it to be finally be acknowledged like this. I don't think anyone is actually expecting this to...

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Good for the labor organizers, but man a $5 raise by 2026 is so depressing when billionaires keep increasing their incomes by like 1500% a year.

RedCrake

Oct 27, 2017
Athens, GA
I worked the graveyard shift at Waffle House in college and made $2.15 an hour before tips. As you can imagine, the drunk folks coming in at 3am and the guy who sits in your section drinking unlimited coffee for 2 hours aren't exactly the world's best tippers. And this was in 2003. The fact that they are just now raising it to 3 whole dollars an hour over 20 years later is wild.

I should also note that you haven't lived until you've cleaned a Waffle House bathroom at 4am. Truly an experience you can never forget no matter how hard you try.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
It's been years since chair girl hit that SFIII parry and the fact that the needle is only just now moving is more ridiculous that these people have to deal with these kinds of working conditions in the first place.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
tips used to subsidize hourly pay is criminal and should be against the fucking law.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
They should have made chair-girl their mascot rather than fire her. I'm not american and know nothing about Waffle House, and even I am in awe of her legend.

Couldn't agree more, stick her in a Super Bowl commercial parrying waffles and sharks and shit, give her a witty catchphrase, and boom you got a new spokesperson.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
quick reminder that there is nothing preventing them from raising the wages a lot more than this

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
I have never seen that gif before and watched it probably 20 times just now. Mesmerizing. Actual irl perfect parry.

Also good on them for raising the pay but it sure seems like a drop on a hot stone.

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
Wait wait wait...

Waffle House employees weren't even making minimum wage?! Under $3/hr?? Jesus Christ. Tipping culture needs to have been stopped ages ago.

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
I worked the graveyard shift at Waffle House in college and made $2.15 an hour before tips. As you can imagine, the drunk folks coming in at 3am and the guy who sits in your section drinking unlimited coffee for 2 hours aren't exactly the world's best tippers. And this was in 2003. The fact that they are just now raising it to 3 whole dollars an hour over 20 years later is wild.

I should also note that you haven't lived until you've cleaned a Waffle House bathroom at 4am. Truly an experience you can never forget no matter how hard you try.

Thank you for your service. I genuinely respect Waffle House workers more than military or social service workers.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
They brought chair employee to the meeting and management immediately backed down.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
I have never seen that gif before and watched it probably 20 times just now. Mesmerizing. Actual irl perfect parry.
Read the original thread for it. The full video and the various edits were awesome.

www.resetera.com

Step Aside "The Mummy", the new Chair Throw Champion has arrived, courtesy of Waffle House.

https://twitter.com/BrianRoemmele/status/1607858559240503296 THE THROW. THE BLOCK. THE LOOK. THE NEW ALL TIME GREAT. More context in the link below! https://www.indy100.com/viral/waffle-house-brawl-blocks-chair