J75

Sep 29, 2018
main.jpg

Most people might know the Anime of the same name, but this is a new Japanese show/drama adaptation of it. It's about Japan sinking into the sea in 2023. Stars Shun Oguri which was most recently in Godzilla vs. Kong.

You can watch it on Netflix here:
https://www.netflix.com/title/81477445

It's a pretty unprecedented release for Japanese drama standards, streaming internationally on Netflix every week. Only the 1st episode is out at the moment, it's subtitled in multiple languages.

Outside of Netflix's original Japanese productions such as Naked Director or Alice in Borderland, a distribution like this is complete unprecedented.

Apparently the production company, TBS made multiple deals with Netflix, so we might see more TBS produced content on Netflix in the future.
variety.com

Tokyo Broadcasting Sets Multi Series Deal With Netflix

TBS sets a multi-series streaming deal with Netflix allowing some titles to be uploaded within hours of local broadcast.

Despite this crazy move, there's been pretty much zero marketing in the west for this show, I could only find a Japanese trailer to put on this thread, but so far it seems interesting and I hope enough people watch so we get more Japanese Dramas released internationally in this form.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
They just switched to weekly for anime simulcasts too (Blue Period) after 7 years of intense complaining from fans. They're finally learning. Let's make Netflix Jail a thing of the past.

I'm vaguely curious about the live-action Japan Sinks, but Yuasa was the draw of the animated version.