Dec 23, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

The recent Gex 64 thread made me recall this game.

I rented it from Blockbuster along with Jackie Chan's Stuntmaster when I was a kid. This game was quite the surprise.

I don't have too many memories unfortunately but I remember it having some jammin tunes and fun game play, also being quite challenging.

I'd probably pair T'ai Fu and Buck Bumble together for being two really fun games with great soundtracks.

Last edited:

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Loved the design of the main character so i rented and ... i didn't loved anything else =P

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Do I actually remember the game? No, as I never played it.
But this along with some others are ingrained in my mind since I always saw their covers at the rental store.

AFI-kun

Oct 31, 2017
Holyyyy shit, I'm not kidding when I say I've been looking for this game for like a decade now!! It's one of three PS1 games I always forget, the other two being a sidescrolling game that has a monkey king type main character and another where you play as like small kirby like lemmings/pikmin (i.e. sidescroller where you recruit NPCs while going through the level and use them to solve environmental puzzles).

Just reading the thread title gave me a big rush. Thank you!!

EDIT: there's also a 4th game I keep forgetting, a third person shooter where you kill bugs iirc and it might have had split screen coop but the graphics were pretty great for a PS1 title

OP
OP
Shinobido Heart
Dec 23, 2017
Holyyyy shit, I'm not kidding when I say I've been looking for this game for like a decade now!! It's one of three PS1 games I always forget, the other two being a sidescrolling game that has a monkey king type main character and another where you play as like small kirby like lemmings/pikmin (i.e. sidescroller where you recruit NPCs while going through the level and use them to solve environmental puzzles).

EDIT: there's also a 4th game I keep forgetting, a third person shooter where you kill bugs iirc and it might have had split screen coop but the graphics were pretty great for a PS1 title

lol you're welcome.

As for the monkey king game, was it Monkey Hero or Monkey Magic?

Oct 27, 2017
I know for a fact that I rented, played, and liked this game. But I can't remember a damn thing about it!

Oct 27, 2017

Would that third game be Adventures of Lomax by chance?

Bernkastel

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Jan 15, 2018
Brazil

Monkey Magic and Lomax

AFI-kun

Oct 31, 2017
Monkey Magic and Lomax

Thank you!! The monkey game was Monkey Magic! The people here are amazing đź’– The other side-scrolling game isn't Lomax, they're not really lemmings just acted like 'em and I might have been mistaken it might have been for the PC. Anyway, wouldn't wanna derail the thread!

I watched some gameplay of Tai'Fu and it definitely isn't as moody I remember. For some reason I remember most PS1 games as being kinda creepy!

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I had this game, but don't remember much.
It's interesting that Michael Giacchino was the composer of T'ai Fu. We know Giacchino these days for things like Ratatouille, Up, Some MCU films like Doctor Strange and Spider-Man and now The Batman.