Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
its weird its almost fall and i ain't hype or excited about anything coming out this year

Played the avengers beta and shit was just a destiny clone, super disappointed also as a Nintendo fan it is a DROUGHT like mario 3D collection announcement was okay but man i was hoping they were remakes instead of ports and with nothing else on the horizon beside port hell

barely any * confirmed * japanese games on the horizon for this year either =/

still have a little hope for ps5 launch but i doubt its gonna be anything steller beside spiderman dlc which isn't a system seller imo, i'll wait )

but man this drought is real

Oct 29, 2017
UK
No??????????

THPS1+2 just came out today. 13 Sentinels is out this month. Moon literally just came out if you want something for you Switch as a Nintendo fan. Like, where are you looking? I'm actually struggling to keep up with the games coming out now.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Depends on what you own. I play on PC a lot, and have a PS4 and Switch. I have more games to play than time to play them.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Yup. Absolutely feeling that myself. Also due to gamepass I'm still playing a lot of stuff, but I haven't bought nearly as many games as I typically would, nor am I hyped on many at the moment. Kinda waiting to hear what the series X and ps5 launch games are.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Considering I spend a lot of time just deciding what to play from my library, no.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I was looking at the release schedule recently and given that we're in a pandemic it's more lively than I expected. I'm pretty excited to be playing 13 Sentinels and 3D All Stars in just a couple of weeks.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
I feel the drought, but I think I'm in the minority. Most people probably at least have a title or two dared to look forward to.

There aren't many games confirmed to be coming out in the next 6 months I care about. I'm getting to the end of my backlog as well so...it'll be interesting!

Honestly just hope we get some dates sometime soon so I have a concrete game to look forward to. As of now, I don't think a single game I'm interested in is dated—which is fair bc of Covid, but Covid also means I can't be sure they'll hit their originally targeted quarters/time frames and actually come out in the next few months.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I think this is first time in like 20 years where I don't have any officially announced game that I am super hyped about and thinking about it very often.
FF7R part 2 would be one of them, but technically it isn't officially announced so I am excluding that...

The only upcoming announced games that I am somewhat hyped about are Elden Ring and Tales of Arise, but we haven't seen much of these games for me to get truly hyped yet.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
God no. There's so much great stuff coming out ~weekly. Gotta look into independent games though. It would probably help to have a PC too.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
My backlog is like hundreds deep and I play 0.3 games a year so... no.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Depends what kind of what games you are into and what systems you have. As a whole it's a great year to me.

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018
Why not just... play games that aren't brand new? There's so many great games to play it's insane. Seriously if you're experiencing a "gaming drought" at this point then it's on you.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe because I have Gamepass and a bit of a backlog but I feel like I'm drowning in stuff. A bunch of new stuff coming out this month and and Cyberpunk soon so I'm good. Nintendo's 1st party output is pretty slight (indie is going strong to make up for it though) and overall the Fall schedule is too but still plenty to play.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Eh. I am playing FF14 and Avengers. I am doing alright. Nintendo is entirely disappointing though. As in...wow awful.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Just waiting on Yakuza: Like a Dragon. That's the last big game this year I'm looking forward to, since I might end up waiting for PS5 on Cyberpunk 2077, and I'm definitely gonna have to wait on Miles Morales.

Last edited:

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Nope. August was definitely light, but Fall has gone back to being packed for me. Been playing Avengers and Tony Hawk. In two weeks we get three Mario games and Aegis Rim which has been praised to death. Next month Nintendo technically has four games releasing. Then November is Cyberpunk, Kingdom Hearts, Yakuza, and probably the new console launches.

If anything I wish I had more time for these.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I literally can't remember a time when I've looked at what I already have and what's available and thought "Shit, I have nothing to play".

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
No but then again I don't feel the need to play something the moment it comes out.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
its weird its almost fall and i ain't hype or excited about anything coming out this year

Played the avengers beta and shit was just a destiny clone, super disappointed also as a Nintendo fan it is a DROUGHT like mario 3D collection announcement was okay but man i was hoping they were remakes instead of ports and with nothing else on the horizon beside port hell

barely any * confirmed * japanese games on the horizon for this year either =/

still have a little hope for ps5 launch but i doubt its gonna be anything steller beside spiderman dlc which isn't a system seller imo, i'll wait )

but man this drought is real

No Japanese games? I am very excited for Aegis Rim and Genshin Impact at the end of this month and then Cold Steel 4 in October.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ha! There's tons, with huge titles like Cyberpunk, Valhalla and the Mario 3D games which I'm stoked to play again.

Not even mentioning next gen!

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Matter of preference I suppose. I've gone from RE3>FF7>TLOU2>GOT>Avengers

So many new releases Ive had fun with! I also cleared Fire Emblem Three Houses and Gears of War 4 from my backlog.

freakybj

Oct 26, 2017
2020's been good for gaming - especially on Playstation. This year we've had so many good games come out already: Nioh 2, FF7 Remake, Ghost of Tsushima, The Last of Us 2, Half Life Alyx, Doom Eternal. There's more to add to this list that I haven't even played yet. 2020 has been the best year for gaming since 2017.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
Ever since I got an Xbox and Gamepass I honestly feel a bit overwhelmed with how much there is to play, honestly. It's also hard not to sound like a shill while talking about it lol

And as I've been catching up with those games, more stuff just keeps coming out on Switch and other platforms too. Even without owning a PS4 I still feel like I don't have nearly the time to play all the games I theoretically want to check out

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
No, I never feel there's a drought. There's always something new, far more than I'll ever have time to play. Ultrakill and Spinch both came out yesterday, A Monster's Expedition and Hotshot Racing are next week, last week saw RoboQuest land in Early Access, and later in the month is Serious Sam 4. I'm probably missing more than a few things, too.

tok9

Prophet of Truth
Nov 2, 2017
No and also I just feel there are so many games that I don't even know how we could feel like a drought, we're drowning in games. Lot of releases today, Spelunky 2 in the next week or so... we're set

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
It honestly might be one of the best summers of gaming of all time for me.

Animal Crossing dominated my Spring, and then:

TLOU2
Command and Conquer remasters
Spiritfarer
Flight Sim
Tony Hawk

I have loved the past few months in gaming.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
No, and there are plenty of older games that you absolutely didn't play that you could always pick up now so there's really never going to be a drought. You might just be addicted to the hype cycle and not actually the games.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
There haven't been a ton of Day 1 games for me this year, but since I've accumulated a backlog anyway, this isn't a cause for concern for me.