• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

X + Pro owners, are you switching to buying 3rd party on X?

• No, I have an X for exclusives

Votes: 63 8.1%
  • No, I don’t want to fragment my library

Votes: 252 32.4%
  • Yes, but for other reasons

Votes: 62 8.0%
  • Yes, I’m chasing visual upgrades

Votes: 401 51.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VirtuaRacer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OP should ask what console are you buying RDR 2 on.

It's a loaded question. The percentage of gamers who can afford both the Pro and the X is less than 1% of the total console userbase. If you have both then it makes sense to run the game on the more costly and powerful system. The highest answer is not going to be a surprise to anybody. That's why we keep seeing variations of this same question every week.

Forearm_Star

Oct 25, 2017
As always depends on the game. Single player goes to the best version, but I play games not graphics. So if more people I know are on PlayStation I'll play the game there if it's Xbox so be it.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm buying an Xbox One X with or before SOD 2 releases but it will still mainly be for just exclusives. After SOD 2, I don't even know when my next exclusive game for Xbox One X would be or what it would be. LOL. Where as with PS4 Pro, I have SOTTR, RDR 2 and two PlayStation exclusives in Spider Man and DQ XI (compared to Xbox) so no point in going back and forth. Plus, despite Xbox One X being superior than Pro in power and capabilities, Sony's exclusives blow away what im seeing on X anyway. God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn simply blows away every game on X including the multi-platform games when it comes to overall visuals. X may have the slightly higher resolution or be native 4K compared to 4K CBR but still come up short overall. Also, out of all the multi-platform games that I have played and completed which is around 50 or so and doesn't include the exclusives have been on a PS4 so to switch five years in, nah, no thanks. I'll stick with my primary console, PS4 Pro and keep X for the one or two exclusives a year that I actually want to play.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Yup. I haven't bought a 3rd party game for my Pro, since the X launched. I use my Pro exclusively for exclusives haha. I have no problem with it, because from right now and through 2020 there will be plenty of exclusive games to play on my Pro. I will be getting RDR2 on the X, even though I OG played it on my ps3.

Deleted member 1185

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody asked you about your PC guys. Zip up your pants.

The question as stated in the title and OP was if PS4 Pro users are going to X for multiplatform games. A lot of people said no because they own a PC. Should we just have said no and not given any explanation?

I am not sure why some posts in here are so defensive

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
You're getting the best performance of games no matter which system you're on?

Want to play God of War? Great, looks amazing on the Pro

Want to play Far Cry 5? The X knocks the game out of the park and looks phenomenal.

Having the best versions of PS4 exclusives and multi-platform games without the investment into PC, which currently suffers from decent market inflation due to miners.

hrmmm well, they both have games the other can't play so that is why I have both. I buy games on the Pro over XBX because I prefer everything about PS over Xbox. I bought the X for Exclusives and BC. So....that's what I'm doing. :p

These at least make some valid sense. Thanks for the answers buds.

Also, just wanted to clarify on my original inquiry, I mean single player multiplats.

Obviously Multiplayer has so many factors, like where you might be playing with friends and the such.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
Depends. I have all systems and a 1080 card. Where I can find the most friends to play with is where I will go. This is why I want cross platform play to become a reality.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
This thread, it's question and it's poll were for people who own BOTH a PS4 Pro and X1X and had absolutely NOTHING to do with PC. None of these posts are relevant. Jeez.

Blame the OP for leaving the question in the thread title open-ended. These types of "question" threads will always lead to others where it is not aimed towards. I would have been better to add in something like, "please answer/vote if you own both systems". As it stands, I can add my opinion for as to why I wouldn't get an X even if I owned one and I do love the graphics in games. The X does not provide a good enough boost over the Pro imo, so I will not buy an X just to play the same games that look just as good graphically on Pro.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We will see. Lets just not hype up a console that doesnt exist.

Maybe Sony should release something at the end of their E3 to hype something that doesn't exist. It seems to have worked for Microsoft.

Blame the OP for leaving the question in the thread title open-ended. These types of "question" threads will always lead to others where it is not aimed towards. I would have been better to add in something like, "please answer/vote if you own both systems". As it stands, I can add my opinion for as to why I wouldn't get an X even if I owned one and I do love the graphics in games. The X does not provide a good enough boost over the Pro imo, so I will not buy an X just to play the same games that look just as good graphically on Pro.

As someone who doesn't own an X, I think it's not fair to say the games look just as good on the Pro. That's the whole premise of the thread, that the games look better on the X. For me personally, owning hundreds of games on PS4, that's not enough to get me to switch, but for some, it would be.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
I'm buying an Xbox One X with or before SOD 2 releases but it will still mainly be for just exclusives. After SOD 2, I don't even know when my next exclusive game for Xbox One X would be or what it would be. LOL. Where as with PS4 Pro, I have SOTTR, RDR 2 and two PlayStation exclusives in Spider Man and DQ XI (compared to Xbox) so no point in going back and forth. Plus, despite Xbox One X being superior than Pro in power and capabilities, Sony's exclusives blow away what im seeing on X anyway. God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn simply blows away every game on X including the multi-platform games when it comes to overall visuals. X may have the slightly higher resolution or be native 4K compared to 4K CBR but still come up short overall. Also, out of all the multi-platform games that I have played and completed which is around 50 or so and doesn't include the exclusives have been on a PS4 so to switch five years in, nah, no thanks. I'll stick with my primary console, PS4 Pro and keep X for the one or two exclusives a year that I actually want to play.

Please tell us more!?

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
The title of this post is kind of asking for it though by calling Xbox One X "best version of 3rd party games" right?
It isn't?

As for the OP, yes of course I get third party games for the X now and not my Pro. That was the main reason behind getting the X.

But it's not just for the visual upgrades, but also because the console is near-silent and I much prefer the controller too. It's just a much better quality experience than the Pro when comparing like for like.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Poll might need another choice.

I have a One S, and only when the price goes down by 100 will I even consider the X. That or a good trade in deal.

I only have the One S for exclusives.

So it depends on what happens first: 100 cheaper, good trade in deal that I don't miss this time, or PS5 launch.

I got enough 3rd party XBO games where I don't even have to get any new 3rd party games for it. I'll just take advantage of BC and enhancements for the games I have for it now.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Sony should release something at the end of their E3 to hype something that doesn't exist. It seems to have worked for Microsoft.

Microsoft took that approach from Sony with the PS4 announcement. Major Nelson even had a tweet saying that it worked for Sony lol.

As someone who doesn't own an X, I think it's not fair to say the games look just as good on the Pro. That's the whole premise of the thread, that the games look better on the X. For me personally, owning hundreds of games on PS4, that's not enough to get me to switch, but for some, it would be.

Fair enough. I should have worded it vice versa to say games look just as good on Pro as the X. For me, as I pointed out, those benefits does not provide a good enough boost. CB4K vs native 4K is technically a huge difference, but visually, it is not a big difference for me to say I am buying all multiplats on X from now on, especially if I am heavily invested in the Sony ecosystem. Now if there were games chugging on Pro at sub-30 fps while X had a smooth 60 fps, then that would be something to consider. As it stands now, that's not happening.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised at the results. Why even get the X if you have a Pro if not to get the best version of multiplats?

Deleted member 1185

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Poll might need another choice.

I have a One S, and only when the price goes down by 100 will I even consider the X. That or a good trade in deal.

I only have the One S for exclusives.

So it depends on what happens first: 100 cheaper, good trade in deal that I don't miss this time, or PS5 launch.

I got enough 3rd party XBO games where I don't even have to get any new 3rd party games for it. I'll just take advantage of BC and enhancements for the games I have for it now.

I have a One S as well but apparently the thread is only for people who already own an X. That wasn't really made clear.

I do think the question of whether people who own an S and a Pro should upgrade to X is interesting but maybe that's a different topic

I'm surprised at the results. Why even get the X if you have a Pro if not to get the best version of multiplats?

Plenty of other reasons to move from a PS4 to an X1 including the huge BC library and enhancements and stuff like EA Access and Gamepass etc.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'm looking to get an x soon. Are the improvements over pro versions that substantial?
It's very relative to the game and it depends to what you mean substantial. I mean higher res is a given, uhd texture probably are the only notable features over the Pro, but they aren't mandatory on the X, unfortunately.

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
How could the premise of having the option to buy games for Xbox One X apply to you if you don't have one? How could the poll possibly imply the thread is directed at anyone but those who own both systems???

Deleted member 1185

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How could the premise of having the option to buy games for Xbox One X apply to you if you don't have one? How could the poll possibly imply the thread is directed at anyone but those who own both systems???

I read it as if people who own a Pro are interested in buying games on X, or buying an X to get the best version if they dont already own one.

nStruct

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Seattle, WA
Yeah, I've switched to having X1X be the platform for 3rd party games. Not only do the games look better, but I prefer the controller and the console is way more quiet than the PS4 Pro. I just wish its UI was as slick as the PS4's.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I have a Pro and 1X, and if there's a significant performance/IQ difference, of course I'll go with the 1X version.

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
No. I have them all on one eco-system. The PS. For Nintendo exclusives, there is the Switch. I don't need a XBX.

Just like me! Until MS show some dedication with the unique experiences that can only be played on a X-box, I do not need another plastic box next to my TV no matter the horse power under the hood.
Also in my opinion, this and other similar threads have no point, as it can only cause conflict within the community. I am out.

TRN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Moon
User Banned (2 Weeks): Repeated system wars despite numerous warnings and infractions.
Xbox brand sucks ass imo.. so no way.

Been PlayStation (1994) day one forever.

Nov 15, 2017
This is me.

I have a Pro which I like using for the Sony exclusives. For all other cross-platform games, I buy them on the Xbox One X.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
Not if the third party title in question has a multiplayer mode I know my PSN friends will play a lot. For example Red Dead 2 will probably look better on the X but I'll get it for the Pro because I know for a fact the people I play with online will play the multi a lot on PS4.

For anything else I'll get it for X like the latest Tomb Raider when that comes out.

Okada

Nov 8, 2017
I use my X for all multiplatform games now, mainly because it's a silent console. My PS4 Pro is so loud that I've given up on it for everything other than exclusives.

Ludens

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
Nah sorry the X is waste of money really. I have a Nice PC with a 1080 i got for not so long ago. So any Xb game i want to try out i get it there.
PSpro for exclusives and some multi.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
Last gen, I had a PS3 for exclusives, and a 360 for everything else, as 3rd party games generally looked / performed slightly better on the Xbox.

Starting this gen, I switched. Xbone was for exclusives and PS4 for everything else, as 3rd party games looked / performed a lot better on the PlayStation.

Now that I have a Pro and an X, I've reverted back to Xbox as my main system. Even double-dipping on 3rd pay games in some cases such as Titanfall 2 and The Division.

I just want the best version. Nothing else factors into my decision; friends, previous library, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.