• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys :D Feels good to be here

First look at the OP 5T(design will be identical)

OPPO-R11s-Render-Weibo-Collage.jpg

Mmm yeap, the 5T is real

Gritesh

Oct 25, 2017
I know its the unpopular opinion but I am getting the Pixel Xl2 in the black and white combo, its supposed to ship to me middle of november, if its as bad as they say, it'll likely go back for a Note 8 instead.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
This user was warned for this post.
Wait until you all figure out how many hidden features are on these forums. Maybe I've been blind because I didn't really go on any other forums.

• The notification system is amazing
  • Double click on a post to go straight to edit mode
  • Highlight parts of a post to select it for a quote or just to reply
  • Spoiler tags are slick
  • 2 Factor authentication using e-mail/phone

I think there are some other goodies, but I like this a lot better. After the dark theme comes, we'll just need a few more enhancements.

Last edited by a moderator:

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I settled on Pixel 2 XL and ordered it almost a week ago. It should be arriving first week of November. The blue tint isn't a dealbreaker for me, but it is annoying. The reports of image retention/burn-in have me a bit shook, though, and I'm really hoping Google provides an option to go with a greatly expanded color gamut with some vibrancy. I can kind of respect the logic behind the sRGB tuning but do find it baffling that they didn't think it'd be an issue in the era of ridiculously attractive looking smartphone screens across the range of flagships these days. I do personally prefer a more vibrant display, but I can see why some might value sRGB accuracy.

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
Wait until you all figure out how many hidden features are on these forums. Maybe I've been blind because I didn't really go on any other forums.

• The notification system is amazing
  • Double click on a post to go straight to edit mode
  • Highlight parts of a post to select it for a quote or just to reply
  • Spoiler tags are slick
  • 2 Factor authentication using e-mail/phone

I think there are some other goodies, but I like this a lot better. After the dark theme comes, we'll just need a few more enhancements.

Thank you Evilore for fucking up (don't get me banned please for mentioning his name)

This board is so much better - even on mobile

Somebody gotta find Jeffery tho

Oct 25, 2017
honestly image retention on the nav bar... who cares. Realized this when I got my s8+.

most apps you have nav bars up, you won't notice burn-in. Other times you will be watching 16:9 video and aren't a monster and cropping that shit, so black bars there you won't notice.

Same with games.

This board is so much better - even on mobile

Somebody gotta find Jeffery tho

hey

grimlock33

Oct 25, 2017
Hello hello. Lurker from the old site but hoping to contribute some here. I'm getting my Pixel 2 XL tomorrow? I guess? Damn thing was out for delivery at 9am and 12 hrs later I'm still waiting. Hoping the reports of all these display issues are over blown but I fully expect problems at this point.

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
honestly image retention on the nav bar... who cares. Realized this when I got my s8+.

most apps you have nav bars up, you won't notice burn-in. Other times you will be watching 16:9 video and aren't a monster and cropping that shit, so black bars there you won't notice.

Same with games.
image retention on nav bar goes away in 8.1 anyway.

Google should never have had a static black/white nav bar once the industry moved to OLED. Its a shame it took them years to fix this

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jeff, you will be happy. Android 8.1 has bluetooth battery indicator

Greekboy™

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Same with games.

I feel it is unacceptable when Google is pricing the phone that high. I cancelled my XL 2 order and will wait to see how or if they fully rectify the situation.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel it is unacceptable when Google is pricing the phone that high. I cancelled my XL 2 order and will wait to see how or if they fully rectify the situation.

agreed. but everybody is cutting corners and raising prices in 2017, except maybe samsung (except the weird fingerprint sensor location).

Apple may even be lowering the accuracy of the face id thing to make enough for demand lol

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OnePlus 5T will be the sweet spot for android this year if you want bezel-less display. Build quality is great on OnePlus, near stock android with good modifications, unlocked bootloader, nice speaker, good call quality. It's a major win.

Brooklyn

Oct 25, 2017
BK
Got a Pixel 2 XL but had to RMA it. Lots of distortion when recording videos.

Other than that, I like it so far.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
every model of the OnePlus has had some kind of problem. Digitizer problems galore across multiple generations
Haven't heard of digitizer issues except on the Oneplus One which caused the bottom of the screen to be yellow, which was fixed a few months after release. If anything is wrong with the 5T we will find out quickly.

grimlock33

Oct 25, 2017
Oh geezus the blue tint is real. I thought if anything I could easily overlook that. Ehh idk about that right now.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Us Australians got ripped off, again.

$1399 for Pixel 2 XL 64 GB. Ordered mine but won't even ship till Nov 20th.

Waiting and watching till it ships, hopefully Google can sort out this screen bullshit before then.

Thing is, I've been a Nexus user for over 6 years now, and I don't know if I can go to anything that's not pure android.

Hippo_PRIME

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got a Pixel 2 XL but had to RMA it. Lots of distortion when recording videos.

Other than that, I like it so far.
Got my XL 2 today. Been fairly happy with pictures, but your post got me to try video. Good god, the distortion is TERRIBLE. I'm going to have to try again tomorrow in natural light instead of crappy apartment-after-dark light, but I'm super nervous now about keeping this phone.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I was questioning my brother on his decision to purchase the Pixel 2 rather than the XL 2. I guess he won this time.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Took the plunge on the Essential phone, already have a Note 8 that has exceeded my expectations. This is a pure impulse purchase that I'll probably regret and just return to Amazon anyway.

It's a bad sign for a phone when Amazon literally has one case available for it.