Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NINTENDO SWITCH
Nintendo expects to ship 20 million Switch units this fiscal year, but the prestigious Osaka-based firm Ace Economic Research Institute appears to have more faith in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!/Let's Go, Eevee! then the house of Mario and Zelda itself.

He expects Nintendo's revenue to for the full fiscal year to be 1.36 trillion yen, with an operating income of 330 billion yen. This is significantly higher than Nintendo's own predictions because Yasuda-san expects the manufacturer to ship 25 million Switch units and 140 million software units.

On the other hand, in their presentations for the first quarter of the fiscal year battery manufacturers reported significant increases in revenue due to growth related to game consoles. Further expansion is expected in the second quarter. Due to that, Yasuda-san explains that Switch production is likely to significantly increase in the summer.

PS5
Analyst Hideki Yasuda from the prestigious Osaka-based firm Ace Economic Research Institute doesn't think so, as he mentioned in his recent report on Sony's financial performance.

Yasuda-san mentions that at the present time Ace believes that PS5 will come at the end of 2019. That being said, Murata Manufacturing and TDK have expressed concerns about the tightening of the worldwide supply and demand chain of monolithic ceramic capacitors (MLCC), and have indicated that it could be it as a future risk for business.

Cars equipped with large numbers of MLCCs are being introduced in the market, and the arrival of 5G mobile services caused the arrival of more and more advanced smartphones. This casts doubts on whether it's possible to produce gaming consoles with a sufficient supply in the large quantities required by a new launch.

Due to that, if there are issues in the supply of electronic components, Yasuda-san thinks that the possibility of a delay from the end of 2019 exists.

Source, and Source

Both of these strike me as incredibly unlikely, but I also doubted the 10 million units projection for MHW, and look where that got me.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
It feels too soon for PS5 but I wouldn't mind if this rumor was true.

I think Nintendo will just about hit their 20 million target. Maybe slightly above, but not 25 million. I hope they're right though.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I'm still holding that the PS5 will come out in 2021. I don't see TLOU2 releasing in 2019.

PurgeVIII

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
United States
If it has PS4 backwards compatibility then I wouldn't mind. If it doesn't then I wouldn't see any reason to get a PS5 in 2019.

TheAvatar

Nov 4, 2017
if the ps5 is anywhere above 400, i could just see the ps4 outshining it, to be honest even if its 400 i could still see the ps4 outshining it

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, Nintendo will not hit 25 million, I don't even think they hit 20 million (I think they hit 18 million, and after Q3, that is what they revise their forecast downwards to).
Software sales hitting 140 million, I can easily see, however.
---
PS5... I think late 2019 is the date a lot of people are settling on, but according to the rumor mill, development on the system does not seem to be far enough along for it to actually come out 2019 (or do I have this wrong?)

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
No gosh darn way the PS5 is coming out next year. The Switch can't do that, but than again who effin' knows. Pokemon is massive, and Smash is looking to be the best selling of the franchise.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There isn't really a logical path for a PS5 in 2019. I don't care how many people or analysts predict it.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Seems a bit too soon for the PS5. I thought most were expecting it to drop in Late 2020?

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hell no to both of these. Not as hot of a take as Patcher's 8 mill, but 25 mill seems far too high. I'm not sure they'll even meet the 20 million goal, but we shall see.

PS5 should definitely be no earlier than 2020. We have Days Gone, TLOU2, and Ghosts for 2019ish, which seems far too packed to release just ahead of the PS5. I can see Death Stranding being multiplatform, but not so much for the other three.

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
Someone managed to make a prediction less believable than that Pachter one. Congrats!

Twiz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
PS5 talk could officially start as early as PSX this December but I don't expect Sony to jump the gun. They know what they're doing with their current schedule.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
25 million hell no
That 20 million prediction is looking very lofty as is with the somewhat lukewarm reaction to Let's Go

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Getting whiplash coming in here from the Pachter thread. Based on the 3 Bears principal, we're going to need a third Switch analyst thread to find the REAL prediction.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
There's literally no way PS5 hits in 2019. I'm fairly sure this is the first hardware cycle where a market leader saw YOY growth in year 5. Why the hell would they drop that next year?

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
If they want to use 7 nm parts, no way will the PS5 be in 2019. Too much competition in the fab factories.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Nah, the PS4 is still going very strong and they have no pressure to release the next Playstation. I love how there is nothing to indicate a PS5 launch next year but these analysts believe it will based on past console launch life cycles. They fail to take into account the PS4 Pro is the first PS midgen upgrade and that alone has extended the life of the PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.