Chaz Ashley

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't see a thread, the Amiga 500 Mini is now officially announced, supposed to come out Early 2022:

25 Games included, 12 have been announced so far:

Alien Breed 3D, Another World, ATR: All Terrain Racing, Battle Chess, Cadaver, Kick Off 2, Pinball Dreams, Simon The Sorcerer, Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe, The Chaos Engine, Worms: The Director's Cut, Zool: Ninja Of The 'nth Dimension.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man, Alient Breed 3D was so bad. That and Gloom just trying to a Doom clone on the system.

Great choices for the rest though.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Powerplay_cruiser_joystick.jpg

Ogni-XR21

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Interesting.
But that authentic mouse is horrible and can hopefully be easily replaced. And I cannot imagine playing Amiga games with a pad, needs a competition pro to be authentic. What good are 8 buttons on a controller when only 1 button works on the system, are there gonna be options to customize this (like setting "up" as a button so jumping in games is more tolerable)?

SoneaB

Oct 18, 2020
UK
I unironically wish someone would release a modern portable pc system that was a keyboard with the pc inside that could be connected to a screen. I'd use it far more than a laptop, but I suspect I'm a fringe case.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
News Post

Also upload your own files, games and firmware revisions via USB flash drive (not included).

Developed by Retro Games Ltd. and distributed by Koch Media, the THEA500® Mini features the perfect emulation of, not only, the original A500 (OCS) and Enhanced Chip Set (ECS) of future revisions, but also the Advanced Graphics Architecture (AGA) of the A1200.

So that's good.

Last edited:

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
When I was young we actually won an Amiga 500 out of a national newspaper.

I remembered we entered the competition but didn't hear back for weeks and then one day I came home from school and it was just waiting in the living room.

Ended up getting into games like Night Breed, Shadow of the Beast 2, Prince of Persia, New Zealand Story, Zool, Sensible Soccer, Wings, Dizzy (also had on the ZX Spectrum), Theme Park.

Last edited:

Stefarno

I ... survived Sedona
Oct 27, 2017
Wow!

Worms: Director's Cut is a great get - fantastic game that only sold 5000 copies as it was an Amiga exclusive released in 1997.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Well this is the next Christmas Present I'll be getting for my Dad. Got him the Commadore 64 mini and he loved it apparantly!

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting.
But that authentic mouse is horrible and can hopefully be easily replaced. And I cannot imagine playing Amiga games with a pad, needs a competition pro to be authentic. What good are 8 buttons on a controller when only 1 button works on the system, are there gonna be options to customize this (like setting "up" as a button so jumping in games is more tolerable)?

first - urgh at a CD32 clone controller - what were they thinking!?

But Amiga could support two button controllers and even I think eitehr 3 or 6 button megadrive controllers. I remember messing around with a megadrive pad wiring to get more button support in...Hired Guns I think

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, standard A500 and A1200 support, upload your own files. Nice.

nearly £600 this was when it came out - £499+VAT (I still have the receipt when my dad bought one for my christmas present - biggest present I ever got, was floored at the time)

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gamepad instead of a joystick 🤔

Also needs Panza Kick Boxing, Moonstone, Grand Prix etc. on it.

Roarer

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Cool. Many fond memories playing tons of games on my childhood friend's Amiga 500. Hoping they will add Hunter (one of the first 3D open world games), Moonstone and Stunt Car Racer.

Speaking of controllers, this is the one we used. Cheetah The Bug. It was awful:

493259_fd3e485252384f06840e13554add9faa~mv2_d_2000_1861_s_2.jpg

Jay_AD

Oct 28, 2017
I think the C64 Mini allowed you to add your own games without 3rd party workarounds, so this might too.

In any case, the included games are already a pretty fantastic selection. Cool shit.

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
I would prefer Amiga Steam collection (with perfect emulation and correct settings, nice GUI etc) release to this..

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I meant something with a decent amount of power to it. Doesn't have to be ridiculous, something akin to a steam deck would suffice.
RPi400 is decently powerful given the price. If you want essentially a gaming laptop without a screen... yeah, that is very much a niche proposition. Steam Deck has guts of laptops twice or even thrice the price, you know.

donpureevil

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Nice but a joystick would really be preferable.
And sadly almost none of the games i sunk countless hours in are included - Cannon Fodder, Moonstone, Walker, Turrican, Icehockey Manger and Superfrog. Of the included i only really played Worms.

Sweep14

Oct 27, 2017
Hughh... Mini version = no buy. Hope that like The C64, they'll do a full format version

DECK’ARD

Creator of Worms
Verified
Nov 26, 2017
UK
Wow!

Worms: Director's Cut is a great get - fantastic game that only sold 5000 copies as it was an Amiga exclusive released in 1997.

Worms DC was a labour of love, and a 'thank you' to the Amiga for making it all possible. I wouldn't have got a game published if it wasn't for the Amiga, it really did make my dream come true.

Really happy to see it included here.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Nice but a joystick would really be preferable.
And sadly almost none of the games i sunk countless hours in are included - Cannon Fodder, Moonstone, Walker, Turrican, Icehockey Manger and Superfrog. Of the included i only really played Worms.
There will be 25 games total. Only 12 have been announced so far.