Maso

Sep 6, 2018
Polium could be a big win for gamers and families. Tommy Tallarico has really let the people down in a time of need.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I have market research that says that faith-based communities really want a console that allows you to access multiple web3 games with a unified wallet.

teletrong1

Jul 7, 2021
What's "Web 3"?

EDIT: ohhhh fuck that

www.web3isgoinggreat.com

Autocorrect wanted to type .con though which is technically more correct.

These clowns have nothing on Tommy Tallarico and Intellivision in the games-as-NFTs space. You can see the incredible technical prowess of Intellivision Amico CTO John Alvarado here but he gave up and couldn't get it to work which gives me complete confidence they have accomplished NFTs on THE BLOCKCHAIN(patented, probably) long before these upstart pretenders like Polonium and Axie.

Last edited:

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Buy a hat and wear it in every game!*

*Feature supported in participating games only

488170.jpg

teletrong1

Jul 7, 2021
It may not be Nintendo since they were roundly mocked on Twitter right away for their logo among other things

gundalf

May 6, 2022
Buy a hat and wear it in every game!*

*Feature supported in participating games only

Your footnote perfectly demonstrates the problem of NFTs in games.

Platform holders compete, digital store-fronts compete, publishers compete, game-studios compete, games series compete, game-design compete, game engines compete, 3D-API's compete, 3d-modelling software competes, 3d-shading/rendering philosophies compete, 3D GPU's compete, and so on.

The entire chain of the gaming industry down to the low on which makes the idea of sharing and using game-assets backed into NFTs in games impossible. You would have to give up the decentralised idea and have a roblox type of game to handle all of that in a central way.

Last edited:

Turd Ferguson

Jan 13, 2020
I was actually going to join Polium's Discord server but it wanted me to verify by signing into something. To hell with that.
Their captcha thing didn't work for me on mobile. Their tiny server has no fewer than 10 bots, presumably for tracking and being evil. No thanks, their public statements on twitter are plenty of interaction with this scam.

Meanwhile, Amico discussion is back on AtariAge, and a few dorks who used to be all-in on Amico are begging the admins to move the discussion out of the classic Intellivision so they can pretend none of this ever happened.

atariage.com

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/intellivision-amicos-trademark-listed-as-abandoned-in-latest-sign-it-may-never-release/

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Their captcha thing didn't work for me on mobile. Their tiny server has no fewer than 10 bots, presumably for tracking and being evil. No thanks, their public statements on twitter are plenty of interaction with this scam.

Meanwhile, Amico discussion is back on AtariAge, and a few dorks who used to be all-in on Amico are begging the admins to move the discussion out of the classic Intellivision so they can pretend none of this ever happened.

atariage.com

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/intellivision-amicos-trademark-listed-as-abandoned-in-latest-sign-it-may-never-release/
Lol people claiming it have a good chance of releasing this year
How people can be so blind?

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
lol, why do they even bother? There's always going to be that giant archived AtariAge thread (and endless mirrors of it) anyway; it isn't like they can just sweep that under the rug.

I have to admit, that's also how I parsed "Polium" at first. :D

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
I legitimately cannot believe that place hasn't completely imploded yet. One person on r/Intellivision_Amico claim they've been banned there for merely liking a post, so I imagine there's not many left posting there but the craziest of the crazies.
Ha, my banning was for simply liking a comment too.

Yet, certain Amico fans on there are allowed to go around attacking people, telling them to stop crying and to change their diaper when someone asks about the status of their refund. Great stuff all round really.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
~deep breath... sigh...

www.ign.com

Intellivision Amico Console Still in Development, CEO Says - IGN

The Intellivision Amico is still in development according to the company CEO and the trademark is again listed as live.

Saw this via
SIFTD

Now, the company's CEO says work on the system is ongoing and that the trademark is very much alive.
Adam provided IGN a screenshot of the Intellivision Amico trademark listed as "live" as of this morning, which IGN confirmed.

According to Phil Adam, the USTPO is just "slow in updating."

I think someone already posted this in this thread, but it's what comes to mind, lol.

Last edited:

teletrong1

Jul 7, 2021
These scammers aren't refunding people, have no hope in hell of launching yet are perpetuating the grift to line their pockets.

Vile and immoral keeping the fraud going.

RemyVJA

Nov 27, 2017
Jersey City, NJ
"Slow to update" is certainly one way to put it.

If you look at the USPTO database:

The original filing for "INTELLIVISION AMICO", serial number 88162720:
- Filed on October 19, 2018
- Published for opposition on September 24, 2019
- Abandoned on June 20, 2022

A second filing for "INTELLIVISION AMICO", nearly identical, serial number 97483448:
- Filed on June 30, 2022

Yeah, the trademark is alive again because Intellivision refiled it 10 days after everyone pointed out it expired. Funny how that works.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Reading into it, I feel like this might have been deliberate.
They needed a change of address form to file, to move their business to be a vaporware PO Box, but because it was so close to it expiring, I feel they just waited for it to die so they could immediately file it after to reduce the chance of complications.

deep_dish

Oct 25, 2017
Recently posted on r/Intellivision_Amico. Reason #7,319,122 not to ever trust even a single Michael Pachter prediction:

Pachter's predictions are a bit less accurate than a simple coin toss.

You're served pretty well by going with the opposite of whatever Pachter predicts.

Yes

But to be fair to Pachter he is (finally) right about Netflix. He has been banging on that drum for years and years.

teletrong1

Jul 7, 2021
Yes that's because Tommy had no idea how 2D and 3D graphics worked and only had superficial outdated awareness from the 16-bit and 32-bit consoles. He also was lying/BSIng out his ass because he hadn't even chosen any SOC or GPU yet.

See here for a great explainer post in this thread.

Last edited:

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
anyone remember when Tommy said that the Amico would have 2d capabilities that would exceed the ones of the main consoles? (At the time xone and ps4)
Yep. Even at the time (Oct 2018), scores of people were calling BS on that. It became one of the rare points Tommy actually walked back (here, post #1397).

For those interested, there's a very detailed takedown of his claim here; it's a really good read if you're interested in the technical aspects of how hardware and 2D rendering works.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yes that's because Tommy had no idea how 2D and 3D graphics worked and only had superficial outdated awareness from the 16-bit and 32-bit consoles. He also was lying/BSIng out his ass because he hadn't even chosen any SOC or GPU yet.

See here for a great explainer post in this thread.
Yep. Even at the time (Oct 2018), scores of people were calling BS on that. It became one of the rare points Tommy actually walked back (here, post #1397).

For those interested, there's a very detailed takedown of his claim here; it's a really good read if you're interested in the technical aspects of how hardware and 2D rendering works.
Thanks! On the atari post he said 8 cores and 2.1ghz lol (i dont know what the intellevision is build…but people said it is from a budget 2016 cellphone right?)

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks! On the atari post he said 8 cores and 2.1ghz lol (i dont know what the intellevision is build…but people said it is from a budget 2016 cellphone right?)
The specific hardware earmarked for the Intellivision Amico was the Qualcomm APQ8053 Lite. Specifications can be found here. That chipset is designed for smart speakers and home hubs.

2016 budget smartphone hardware wasn't ever what Amico was going to use - it was used by Intellivision as a comparison point so developers would have some kind of idea of what level of hardware they were targeting.

The hardware they picked is fundamentally okay for limited purposes. It's low-end but low-end nowadays is still quite good when used well - even as games hardware it should have performed relatively decently if games were properly targeted to it. What we saw from the majority of games that were showcased was poor performance even for the low-end hardware.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
i dont know what the intellevision is build…but people said it is from a budget 2016 cellphone right?
Basically, yes. About a year ago, the Intellivision developer-access portal was somehow made public. No username/password needed; everything was out there in the open, including all the tech specs that were nailed down at the time (and also stuff like the infamous "ten commandments of game design" infographic). From that information, it was obvious that the Amico was essentially not much more than a system-on-a-chip whose power was comparable to that of a ~$100 smartphone from the mid-2010s. (The controller hardware was also found to be exceedingly cheap, with a pathetic battery life and only about 1MB of onboard RAM to contain and display all visual assets.)

The resulting report from Ars Technica — and Tommy's infantile reaction to it — is what started this thread. :)

teletrong1

Jul 7, 2021
Of course the parts are obsolete now because Tommy has done nothing for too long so his choice of parts cost MORE

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd trust YogurtLand to release a working console before I'd trust the morons at Intellivision to do it.
I'm still waiting on the KFC console

kfc-console-kb-main2-201223.jpg

To be fair, Samsung and T-Mobile gave away the Galaxy A32 5G for free ($200 and then a monthly rebate) and that is an 8-core 2.0Ghz chip.

It's a fairly decent CPU in there. So I wouldn't be shocked if it was a similar chip.
nah, the cpu in the amico is older and worse

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Of course the parts are obsolete now because Tommy has done nothing for too long so his choice of parts cost MORE
Yeah lol, that was the other thing. Because Intellivision had no way of manufacturing those chips (or anything else...), they basically had to buy them outright from third-party sellers and just kinda hope they would just perpetually have them in stock. Which even for them is a breathtakingly shortsighted strategy. They're going to struggle to put three dozen Amicos together that way, let alone — and Tommy can never catch enough shit for this — three billion.

teletrong1

Jul 7, 2021
On the atari post he said 8 cores and 2.1ghz lol (i dont know what the intellevision is build…but people said it is from a budget 2016 cellphone right?)

Clock speed and number of cores alone don't mean much anymore by themselves. They shouldn't have been held back like some proprietary advantage or big secret for lame YouTube influencer unveiling like Sony did with the Cell-based PS3 since Tommy is just a dumb musician not a chip designer.

Idiot couldn't see that finalizing specs showing potential devs how to hit the ground running at developing unique, commercial hit games was key.

Last edited:

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
It would not surprise me if the Amico was delayed so many times the original chip can't even be bought anymore. They can probably get something more powerful for the same price but all the games would have to be patched. Something they don't have the funds to do.

teletrong1

Jul 7, 2021
Even if it had launched according to his diastrous ill-thought out plans, at the game price poonts, there would be still no money with or incentive for devs to patch.

You get to buy a whole new game, folks!

Last edited: