Mar 29, 2022
amazon-prime-gaming-august-2022-1280x720.jpg

Amazon announced on Thursday that August's 2022's free games will be StarCraft: Remastered, Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders, Beasts of Maravilla Island, Recompile, ScourgeBringer and Family Mysteries: Poisonous Promises.

www.videogameschronicle.com

August’s ‘free’ games with Amazon Prime Gaming have been announced | VGC

Six PC games will be available to Prime subscribers at no extra charge next month…

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
They've been going through a rich seam of SCUMM titles, I wonder how much more they have lined up on that front.

TΛPIVVΛ

Nov 12, 2017
been looking to try recompile for awhile now and starcraft remastered and the SCUMMS are a bonus! Good month!

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Been interested in Scourge Bringer and Recompile. StarCraft Remastered is nice too.

I have to look into the others, but I'd say it's a nice month.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Never played StarCraft. Was a C&C guy growing up. Finally a chance for me to check it out.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Show of hands: how many people actually have the Amazon Games launcher (previously Twitch launcher) actually installed for the non-Origin/Ubi Connect/Battle.net games?

Gwarm

Nov 13, 2017
Oh wow, I was actually considering buying SC Remastered recently. How does this work exactly? I assume I can link to my Bnet account?

plagiarize

Entering pupa stage
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
SC Remastered and Zak McKracken are excellent games. I wonder if SC will be a Battle.net key or an actual game in the Amazon launcher?
I love love love Zak McKracken. Even though it isn't quite as polished (or fair) as the other adventures since you can dead end your play through with certain choices. One of those dead ends is actually one of my favorite details in the game trying to return to Earth from Mars is so clearly the wrong choice, and takes a good amount of effort to happen... the pay off of realizing that it'll take weeks is worth it being in the game imho.

So yeah. Definitely check it out people.

Doomburrito

Feb 9, 2018
I actually just posted in another thread about this, but I highly recommend Recompile. It's not perfect, but the highs drastically outweigh the lows.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I love love love Zak McKracken. Even though it isn't quite as polished (or fair) as the other adventures since you can dead end your play through with certain choices. One of those dead ends is actually one of my favorite details in the game trying to return to Earth from Mars is so clearly the wrong choice, and takes a good amount of effort to happen... the pay off of realizing that it'll take weeks is worth it being in the game imho.

So yeah. Definitely check it out people.

Yep! So fucking good, I wish I could erase the game out of my mind so I could start fresh with it!

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Do you need to be subscribed to Prime for this? and if so, if you cancel prime you lose access?

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Cool, I've been wanting to check put Starcraft Remastered but was gonna wait for the merger.

Oct 25, 2017
I actually just posted in another thread about this, but I highly recommend Recompile. It's not perfect, but the highs drastically outweigh the lows.
I'll give it another shot when it hits prime but I thought the level design was just so unpleasant and hard to parse. Which bummed me out because in terms of audiovisual presentation the game is incredible.

Has it been updated at all since it launched?