DinkyDev

The Movie Critic
Feb 5, 2021

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0XDEhP4MQs
"Alien: Romulus" takes the phenomenally successful "Alien" franchise back to its roots: While scavenging the deep ends of a derelict space station, a group of young space colonizers come face to face with the most terrifying life form in the universe. The film stars Cailee Spaeny ("Civil War"), David Jonsson ("Agatha Christie's Murder is Easy"), Archie Renaux ("Shadow and Bone"), Isabela Merced ("The Last of Us"), Spike Fearn ("Aftersun"), Aileen Wu. Fede Alvarez ("Evil Dead," "Don't Breathe") directs from a screenplay he wrote with frequent collaborator Rodo Sayagues ("Don't Breathe 2") based on characters created by Dan O'Bannon and Ronald Shusett. "Alien: Romulus" is produced by Ridley Scott ("Napoleon"), who directed the original "Alien" and produced and directed the series' entries "Prometheus" and "Alien: Covenant," Michael Pruss ("Boston Strangler"), and Walter Hill ("Alien"), with Fede Alvarez, Elizabeth Cantillon ("Charlie's Angels"), Brent O'Connor ("Bullet Train"), and Tom Moran ("Unstoppable") serving as executive producers.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
They're really leaning on Alien vibes, even using the song Ripley sings to herself for this trailer. Still nervous about how good this will be, but the trailers have been really well done.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Honestly looks great. The trailer alone looks better than the past 2 movies.
Don't think much of the cast though, probably coz I don't know any of them lol

Silverhand

Oct 26, 2023
I can't wait but eh on the whole cast being 20-somethings.

Like, I get it. Younger cast is what horror movies typically do. Plus I'm sure people just starting out are cheaper to hire.

Just saying it makes it look a tad generic like a lot of modern horror. Kids in the haunted house kind of thing.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Feels more horror focused than some of the previous films. I'm down with that.

Jan 20, 2022
Looks pretty good, though I'm an Aliens > Alien guy so I like the action direction of the series more

"Fear is bigger in IMAX" is a pretty lame tagline for a trailer lol

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Looking really solid. Def hitting the theatre for this one
I feel like these trailers have shown most of who's going to die lol…
Ehh with a movie like this it's less about who's gonna die, and more about how they'll all get killed. They've shown a lot of restraint here IMO, most of the action they're highlighting is facehugger/chestburster related, early-film stuff. The xenomorph sequences are largely being kept under wraps

Either way, barring them subverting franchise expectations, Spaney is the only one with a shot at making it out lol

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
I would have liked a third Alien movie with David to cap off what Covenant gave us but I knew that was unlikely to happen, and Scott always has so much on his plate.

going back to monster horror was the next best thing with a newer director. Hoping this is a vicious alien slasher film.

DocScroll

May 25, 2021
Looking really solid. Def hitting the theatre for this one

Ehh with a movie like this it's less about who's gonna die, and more about how they'll all get killed. They've shown a lot of restraint here IMO, most of the action they're highlighting is facehugger/chestburster related, early-film stuff. The xenomorph sequences are largely being kept under wraps

Either way, barring them subverting franchise expectations, Spaney is the only one with a shot at making it out lol
I feel like most of the cast get facehugged from these trailers, I feel like there must be a few characters we haven't seen much of that are fodder to the xenomorphs later in the film.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Looks great! It barely shows anything from the last half of the movie, just a few flashes here and there. There is a LOT more to it.

I think that fans of both Alien and Aliens (and Blade Runner with a little outside societal world-building) will dig it. It shifts modes several times (I hear).

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I feel like most of the cast get facehugged from these trailers, I feel like there must be a few characters we haven't seen much of that are fodder to the xenomorphs later in the film.
I wonder how many xenos end up in play by the end. It could be interesting to have several characters get planted, kickstarting a scramble when the first one bursts to figure out how to kill the other gestating aliens before they hatch

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
Fede's movies always look great and he's really good at suspense sequences — all I'm really expecting and hoping for out of this is a thrilling and mean genre flick.

Zej

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Very skeptical of this :/

I want it to be good, but I don't see how this is anything other than a teen slasher with a bunch of facehuggers and an alien.

StreetsAhead

Sep 16, 2020
It certainly looks competently made, but the franchise doesn't really excite me much these days. Hopefully this and Noah Hawley's show will turn things around.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

I want it to be good, but I don't see how this is anything other than a teen slasher with a bunch of facehuggers and an alien.

If it can be a good teen slasher in space with facehuggers and an alien that'd be a marked improvement over a lot of the Alien media in the last couple of decades. Just give me a strong scifi horror film and this looks to be doing just that.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
Looks good, the director gives me some optimism.

I'm not asking for much, after Ridley's last two turds I'd be happy with something that just reaches Alien 3 level.

Ab4dd0n

Oct 25, 2017
The Pulse Rifle or something like that peaked my interest, the rest i was like the "First Time?" meme, alredy know the rules, alredy know how the Aliens work, there is no suspense or horror. Even the facefucking was something alredy done by AVP2, with a pregnant woman. But thats ok, maybe some character can be good enough to carry the movie.
It could be cool if some Alien movie follow Amanda Ripley, i think Alien needs someone like the Jamie Lee Curtis character in Halloween, its a shame that Pometeus didnt do that with Noomi Rapace for example.

fundogmo

Oct 25, 2017

Exactly how I feel. There's nothing in this marketing that's told me its anything other than "Did you like Alien? Well here's more of it!"

I hope they're purposefully holding off on showing the second half of the film, but it's just a collection of ideas that have already been done to death.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
"eww young people"

Some of y'all, man. This looks more interesting than anything this IP has produced in a long time.

Jun 1, 2023
Doesn't matter how good trailers look this series (that I am a total bitch for) has taught me to prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I've only seen the original Alien so I'm not a series junkie or anything. Just love me some good sci-fi. This looks like a solid C+ but honestly not expecting anything more.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
really leaning into the facehuggers in the trailers for this. that's fine and all, but i certainly hope it gets a lot nuttier. looking forward to how it connects to covenant too.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I hope it focuses on a single OP alien like the og and not just steadily growing more Xenos given all the facehugging going on in the trailers. Gimme the full Alien experience not Alien and bros.

D A M A G E D

Banned
Feb 24, 2024
Counting on it to be really good. Nothing like the old quadrilogy, but still an enjoyable theatre experience. Hyped for this and the remake of The Crow. The second one isn't exactly within my high hopes range, but should be a rather fun action flick set in a dark/grotesque atmosphere.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
It's impressive how one can rate a movie they've never seen. Almost like you're pulling that out of your ass.
Oh 100% pulling it out of my ass, that's clear. Just like literally anyone else in this thread saying that it looks good or bad. Just talking about the trailer in a thread of people talking about the trailer. I want to like it and hope that I do.