texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Ooh I've been waiting for this.

The world is much bigger than I expected, and the methodical combat looks great. It has Souls influences, like manual attack, dodge, and block, as well as equipment drop on death. Hopefully we can zoom in the camera for a bit.

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Getting some serious Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance / Champions of Norrath vibes from this (looks like Chris Avellone is even involved too), though the perspective is more Diablo 2. Interest definitely piqued.

Anyone know what the number of players is? Steam says shared screen co-op/pvp and remote play.

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Getting some serious Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance / Champions of Norrath vibes from this (looks like Chris Avellone is even involved too), though the perspective is more Diablo 2. Interest definitely piqued.

Anyone know what the number of players is? Steam says shared screen co-op/pvp and remote play.

I see him mentioned and that immediately raises my interest.

docannon

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, the steam page says he's handling the world, lore and character backstories but he was a designer on the old Snowblind hack-and-slash games so I hope he had some input there too.

Fuck, I hope so. The Snowblind games were my favorite Diablo style games ever. Fun combat that did not devolve into mindless spectacle...

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
After seeing the demo, I dig everything except the AI's sense of awareness. Because they are regular humans, the lack of said awareness is painful to witness.

That's an awful name. Game looks pretty cool though so might give it a try.

Hah, every time I hear the game's name all I can think of is:

wololooooooooooooooooooooo.jpg

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Your squire Todrick Tayne... well hopefully its a bit more clever than that in the writing department through out. The game itself looks pretty cool, thanks for the heads up OP. I'm always interested in different takes on tried and true formulas

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
There's something super basic about the pre-rendered background that I don't really like anymore these days. And the voice over guy was hilariously bad. But I do kinda dig the premise.

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
Some really interesting ideas in this game, i would prefer it to be more like Diablo 1 though.

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seems weird to have that many choices race, house etc. But no option to be female. Maybe each race in gender locked so save on writing permutations which could be cool if it went all in then.

Oct 27, 2017
The combat looks interesting, even if if the telegraphing of attacks seems kinda poor compared to how far away from the action the player is.

But the bog standard fantasy setting does nothing for me.

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
eb60fc9f230b3873ed7e87a2033673d6220bd2b0.png

After The Fall of Alaloth, the elves have retreated from the world. Many have been leaving cities all over the kingdoms, going deeper into the forests and to their capital Thilaris. Rumors are spreading that the elves aim to defend their homeland from the coming war and isolate themselves from the other kingdoms. Others say that the elves are traveling west, to the great ports of The Retreat, to seek a new home.
80fcfbc8203fcb429d82f03d2d6fd64506b00c15.jpg
26db2339b3d89797acb2e72b0fc2cece2f82c05e.jpg

1b1d837cda74d5a60c52201e78d0af6979754cdf.jpg

Seems weird to have that many choices race, house etc. But no option to be female. Maybe each race in gender locked so save on writing permutations which could be cool if it went all in then.
I asked and the devs said that there is an option to be female. They simply haven't shown everything yet.
steamcommunity.com

Can you be a female character? :: Alaloth - Champions of The Four Kingdoms General Discussions

The game has shown quite a lot of gameplay footage from character creation to exploration and combat. But something's missing from the character creation, can you actually be a female character? How about the other races, can you show them as well?

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Holy shit, and it's (maybe) coming this year?

I feel like this is going to be another "hidden gem" on our hands.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, this looks dope. That name is super ass but I'm down for it otherwise.

New002

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know this existed until this thread but it's on my radar now! Gonna wishlist it and keep an eye on it.

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
Up for early access. 20% off the first week.

"Our aim is to ensure the best experience possible. It is difficult to say precisely how long it will take to process player feedback and further develop the game accordingly, going for a full release. That said, our goal is to finalize the game and leave Early Access approximately in 12 months. The focus is on ensuring that the game is fun and enjoyable rather than imposing a deadline that might have a negative impact on the full release."

"Pricing will not change during the development of the game or upon full release."

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Shameless bump.

They just released the roadmap, and it seems like it's not even close to finished. But it's already very meaty with 120+ hours of content, I just want it to be released already.

e9097a29c784b3ee05333589531eb0255d8ace6a.png

steamcommunity.com

Steam :: Alaloth - Champions of The Four Kingdoms :: The biggest indie RPG out now is going bigger!

Hello Champions! It's been an electrifying whirlwind since our return from the incredible journey that was Gamescom. Just imagine: a sea of eager faces, gamers like us, sharing in the excitement, the possibilities, and the sheer energy that only an event like this can bring. As a studio, we were...

Kitokys

Nov 29, 2017
I bought this sight-unseen and put like maybe 10 minutes into it months and months ago. I'll have to check it out.

OP
OP
texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
They just released an AMA. My question was in there, the game is so massive (100+ hours) and they still plan to add more content. Seems like it's not releasing this year after all.

steamcommunity.com

Dev Team AMA - September 2023 :: Alaloth - Champions of The Four Kingdoms General Discussions

Hello there, here we are with a bunch of answers for questions from our community! Join us on Discord discord.gg/gamerainteractive.it POST IS GOING TO BE UPDATED FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS WITH NEW QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS PREVIOUS AMA [JUNE 2022] AVAILABLE HERE...