Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017
It's nice to see Ahoy branch out to cover these bits of gaming history.
I think this may actually be one of his best videos yet.

Stuart Gipp

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, England
zfwzQXL.png

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Weird, I was just thinking about Cannon Fodder last night completely apropos of nothing. I hadn't thought about the game in a long time.

The DOS version was very popular on Shareware sites of the 90s. Classic game. I even bought the Game Boy Color version that got made.

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
I really like his long-form content but he's been killing it with shorter videos, as well (I know he's always done both). Something about his production and narration just makes me enjoy so many topics I normally would have no interest in.

For example: as someone who doesn't really care about guns, his series on specific guns in games is still really interesting.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Cannon Fodder was the very first game I played on my Amiga 1200. Followed by Chaos Engine, Pinball Dreams, Zool and Lemmings.

Christmas Day 1993, I remember it well :)

Oct 7, 2019
Excellent game, excellent video. Really great to see this era of games represented, Cannon Fodder was absolutely a big deal here and for good reason.

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017

View: https://youtu.be/tLOT1QeOJAc?feature=shared

Learned about this game & Sensible Software through Kim Justice. From an American perspective, it had quite a different tone from the games that made the covers of our mags back then.

That music hits hard in my nostalgia. I had so much fun with my Amiga 600 back in the day. To put it into perspective for Americans who probably have little experience with the Amiga, the sound chip in the Amiga was way ahead of the SNES. Listen to the Cannon Fodder theme song. Technically simple compared to today but back then to have it actually sound like real instruments and with voice samples so you had real lyrics. The consoles could not do that yet.

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
Good video.

I see the DOS version is on Good Old Games. Is this version worth playing, or would it be better to track down the Amiga version?

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
I literally just hid this channel from my recommendations because I assumed it was an unironic pro british legion video of some kind.

Sometimes just naming your video what it's actually about instead of being cute about it is the better call.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely one of my favorite Amiga titles.

Wow, I had no idea this game caused such a stir in the UK, but I can understand it. Playing it, I thought the title screen disclaimer that the game is not in any was endorsed by the Royal British Legion was some tongue in cheek sarcastic remark - never even crossed my mind that was a real legal requirement.