Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
www.theloadout.com

After Phil Spencer’s Fallout 76 base was nuked, it looks like the Xbox CEO is planning his revenge with one key step

Xbox’s Phil Spencer could be about to outsmart Fallout 76 players, as his achievements reveal the start of a potential revenge scheme.

Spotted by Xbox reporter 'Rebs Gaming' on social media, Spencer has returned to Bethesda's massive online RPG game, despite seeing his base reduced to nothing but ash. Digging deeper into Spencer's Xbox profile reveals that he recently completed the Fallout 76 quest Officer On Deck, a quest that enables players to well…launch their own nuclear weapons.

It's no easy feat, either, considering how grindy the apocalyptic multiplayer game can be. With the quest done and dusted for Spencer, all eyes are on his next move within the wasteland. The feud between Spencer and one player in particular, 'real1090snake', began on Wednesday, May 8, 2024, and it could be about to receive an enthralling next chapter. In an interview with Kotaku, the player expresses that battling Spencer is part of a larger goal.

Good on Phil Spencer for doing the necessary grinding to progress in Fallout 76 to unlock nukes. I really hope he has a nice week-end and that he can take revenge against those who nuked his camp.

edit: bruh i'm making light of this situation to show that he put people in the unemployment line while happily playing fallout 76 and remaining radio silent on the situation

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't really seem like news to me. If it's a normal progression quest you do just through normal play, it feels like people seeing what they want to see and then a game writer editorializing about it.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
At least they nuked an ingame base, unlike Phil nuking entire studios

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's a bit weird to be tracking what he's doing in the game like this tbh.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
How symbolic. A cutthroat exec that's convinced people "he's just like us" set to gain back trust by acquiring nukes.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
Did he really complete the quest or did he ask a Dev to flip a switch on his account?

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Feels weird to have an article that's ultimate endgoal is "look Phil's still as gamer as he's ever been, he's just like us!" after this week.

MVG's recent video was right. The parasocial relationship with Phil and the other Xbox execs needs to stop.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, don't need Phil and his F76 escapades making news.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hasn't he been playing the game for a long time though?

Let me put it another way. If the CEO of XB is so emotionally fragile that he devotes significant time and energy to counter-nuking some guy who nuked him in-game, Xbox has much bigger problems to worry about.

I think it's just a very funny coincidence. That's all.

OP
OP
Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Feels weird to have an article that's ultimate endgoal is "look Phil's still as gamer as he's ever been, he's just like us!" after this week.

MVG's recent video was right. The parasocial relationship with Phil and the other Xbox execs needs to stop.
Not sure this is the best time for this sort of article
Shouldn't we know what Phil is doing when he fired hundreds of devs and playing radio silent?

viral

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no, exec of corporation that closed multiple studios this week is still pursuing his hobby, whatever we'll do. Guy should obviously spend all his time thinking about his work and atoning for all the mistakes he made. Shame on you - no fun, only work.

03-AALIYAH

Jul 21, 2023
Glad to learn that Phil is enjoying himself while other people are struggling. Maybe we were too negative and should put in perspective all the crap of the past week I guess, then.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Phil actually literally could nuke the account that nuked his camp forever.

ba-dum-tsss-drum.gif

BaasRed

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UAE
Weird title for the article but I guess at least it mentions the studio closures near the end.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Oh no, exec of corporation that closed multiple studios this week is still pursuing his hobby, whatever we'll do. Guy should obviously spend all his time thinking about his work and atoning for all the mistakes he made. Shame on you - no fun, only work.
I mean, yeah. He's the boss.

viral

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, yeah. He's the boss.

So what is he supposed to do? Go home, lay down, and cry? We all had terrible days at work, does that mean we're not allowed to do things in our actual lives? Spencer might be a terrible CEO, but that has nothing to do with what he does in his free time.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is Exophase a reliable source for gaming hours? I can't believe someone like Phil Spencer with all those responsibilities played more than 11,000 hours on Xbox and PC in these years!
He played Redfall for about 33 hours too, as a game that needs 12 hours for main story, 19 hours for main + sides and 31 hours for completing 100%.

www.exophase.com

An overview of P3's gaming activity.

An overview of P3's gaming activity. Earned a total of 5,061 trophies/achievements. Last played game was Diablo IV on Xbox.

OP
OP
Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Is Exophase a reliable source for gaming hours? I can't believe someone like Phil Spencer with all those responsibilities played more than 11,000 hours on Xbox and PC in these years!
He played Redfall for about 33 hours too, as a game that needs 12 hours for main story, 19 hours for main + sides and 31 hours for completing 100%.

www.exophase.com

An overview of P3's gaming activity.

An overview of P3's gaming activity. Earned a total of 5,061 trophies/achievements. Last played game was Diablo IV on Xbox.

bruh he played the first chapter of Hi-Fi Rush and bounced

vt1KGpH.png

Luckett_X

Oct 25, 2017
Leeds, UK
Don't turn this into some "cute" constant update thing please. Dude is on his way to tanking an entire console division and wiping out decades of developer talent while getting paid millions a year to just play Fallout and seem like he's part of the zeitgeist.

Oct 26, 2017

viral

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, everyone should be committed to their job 24/7. Literally what is wrong with you if you use your free time for anything else than work.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
Jokes on "real1090snake", Phil is actually gonna find out their favourite Xbox-owned studio and shut them down.

Epic lulz gamerzzzz.