vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Advisor to Ukraine Interior Ministry: "Invasion has begun"
Statement from the advisor is directly from CNN, these are cruise missile strikes from Russia on Ukrainian military command centres. Explosions heard in Kyiv are coming from the international airport. I'll keep this thread updated as more news comes in, this is a developing situation.
www.youtube.com

What happened in Week 11 of Russia’s attack on Ukraine: Mariupol evacuees, EU oil embargo

Civilian evacuees made their way to safety from the Azovstal steel plant in Mariupol to the Ukrainian-controlled city of Zaporizhzhia. The European Union pro...
www.youtube.com

What happened in Week 10 of Russia’s attack on Ukraine: Russia threatens escalation

Russia warned the West against provoking a Third World War if leaders continue to intervene in Ukraine, while top officials from the U.S. and the United Nati...
www.youtube.com

What happened in Ukraine in Week 9 of Russia's assault: battle for Mariupol, fighting in east

WARNING: This video contains graphic images of violence and disturbing details of death.Russia proclaimed a new phase of the war has begun, as Ukraine report...
www.youtube.com

What happened in Week 8 of Russia’s assault on Ukraine: Surrender claims, war crime investigation

WARNING: This video contains graphic images of death and descriptions of violence at 1:24, 1:40 and 5:41.Russia claims Ukrainian forces have surrendered Mari...
www.youtube.com

What happened in Week 7 of Russia’s assault on Ukraine: Bucha killings, rail station attack

This video contains graphic images that show bodies of the dead and descriptions of violence at 0:33, 1:18 - 2:35, 3:52 - 4:13 and 6:46 - 7:31.Gruesome scene...
www.youtube.com

What happened in Week 6 of Russia’s assault on Ukraine: Peace talks, Mariupol evacuation attempt

WARNING: This video contains graphic images of death and severe injury.Russia’s vow to scale down its military activity near Kyiv was met with skepticism, an...
www.youtube.com

What happened in Week 5 of Russia’s assault: Ukraine rejects demand to surrender, NATO summit

WARNING: This video contains graphic images of death and severe injury at 1:02, 1:29.Ukraine rejected Russia's demand to surrender Mariupol in exchange for s...
www.youtube.com

What happened in Week 4 of Russia’s assault: Mariupol theatre blast, airstrikes across Ukraine

WARNING: This video contains graphic images of death and severe injury at 0:34 to 0:54, from 3:30 to 3:42, and at 5:45.A Mariupol theatre was bombed, trappin...
www.youtube.com

What happened in Week 3 of Russia’s assault in Ukraine: Mariupol hospital bombed, Kyiv tensions rise

WARNING: This video contains graphic images at 6:19.A Russian airstrike devastated a maternity hospital in Mariupol, and millions flee as Russia closes in on...

apnews.com

Russia attacks Ukraine as defiant Putin warns US, NATO

Russian troops have launched their anticipated attack on Ukraine. President Vladimir Putin has cast aside international condemnation and sanctions, warning other countries that any attempt to interfere would lead to “consequences you have never seen.”
Russian troops launched their anticipated attack on Ukraine on Thursday, as President Vladimir Putin cast aside international condemnation and sanctions, warning other countries that any attempt to interfere would lead to "consequences you have never seen."
Big explosions were heard before dawn in Kyiv, Kharkiv and Odessa as world leaders decried the start of an Russian invasion that could cause massive casualties and topple Ukraine's democratically elected government.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy introduced martial law, saying Russia has targeted Ukraine's military infrastructure and explosions are heard across the country. Zelenskyy said he had just talked to President Joe Biden and the U.S. was rallying international support for Ukraine. He urged Ukrainians to stay home and not to panic
The Russian military said it has struck Ukrainian air bases and other military assets and hasn't targeted populated areas. The Russian Defense Ministry statement said the military is using precision weapons to target Ukrainian air bases, air defense assets and other military infrastructure. It claimed that "there is no threat to civilian population."

www.nytimes.com

Video: Video of Large Explosions Near Kharkiv, Ukraine

Minutes after President Vladimir Putin announced a military operation in eastern Ukraine, explosions were visible near the city of Kharkiv.
edition.cnn.com

This map shows where explosions have been reported

Russian President Vladimir Putin announced a military operation in Ukraine early Thursday, and Ukraine's Interior Ministry has said Russia's "invasion has begun" with missile strikes on Kyiv. Follow here for the latest updates.
Kyiv: CNN reporters in Ukraine's capital heard explosions from the east in the direction of the city's international airport. Social media users reported hearing several explosions in the Boryspil area to the east of the capital, where the international airport is located about 25 kilometers (15 miles) from the city. CNN has not confirmed that the airport has been targeted.

Kharkiv: A CNN team in Ukraine's second biggest city, in the northeast of the country, heard a "steady stream of loud explosions."
Kramatorsk: Two people in the eastern city, located about 120 kilometers (75 miles) north of separatist-held Donetsk, told CNN they heard at least two massive explosions.

Dnipro: A resident of the central city told CNN they had heard "a few explosions."

Mariupol: Two residents told CNN they heard explosions east of the city, which is located in the southeast of the country.

Odessa: A CNN team in the Black Sea port city heard two groups of explosions about 20 minutes apart.

Zaporizhzhia: A CNN team in the southeastern city said they heard at at least one very distant explosion.

Last edited:

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
I hope hell is real so Putin can suffer for eternity, that piece of shit, alongside anyone who enables him.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
This is both heartbreaking and infuriating.

I don't see how this ends without giving Putin what he wants or all out war.

Heart is with Ukraine right now.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Humans are garbage. The fact the Putin has been allowed to live is crazy. How has someone internally in Russia not taken the bastard out yet? Not one person in Russian government willing to risk it all to avoid war?

Asator

Oct 27, 2017
It was only a matter of time but still, fuck putin. History will associate his legacy with infamy.

Good luck to Ukraine. I hope they manage to make the war so painful for Russia that they won't be able to accomplish their objectives.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Ukrainian ambassador at the UNSC is live now. He sounds speechless, this is painful to watch.

Zoph

Oct 25, 2017
The only way out of this is if the Russian Federation collapses under the weight of their war debt, I fear. Whatever world order comes out of that won't be pretty either. Bad times all around.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
Awful. Fuck Putin. He probably won't even stop with Ukraine. He wants the old USSR back. China is 100 percent going to invade Taiwan too.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck Putin and thoughts and love to Ukranians. I hope they make it tough on Russia, even if the outcome is bleak.

loco

Jan 6, 2021
Being serious here... Is Biden commenting on things over the past few days helping or just hot air to pacify critics? Feels weird hearing him make bold statements and everyone on my Facebook feed is congratulating him while this happening right now.

Oct 25, 2017
Stay safe Ukraine. And shame on all the posters here who downplayed and/or played the fools for the Putin regime and his cronies. You were seen.

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like they aren't occupying and more toppling the existing government and setting a new one up. Then it won't be "occupying" because the new government will "welcome" them.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Being serious here... Is Biden commenting on things over the past few days helping or just hot air to pacify critics? Feels weird hearing him make bold statements and everyone on my Facebook feed is congratulating him while this happening right now.
They've sanctioned many people in Russia including Putin's family. He's going to give a speech tomorrow after the news tonight. What do people want him to do?

LiK

Oct 25, 2017

news say Biden and allies have an official response soon.

Asator

Oct 27, 2017
Stay safe Ukraine. And shame on all the posters here who downplayed and/or played the fools for the Putin regime and his cronies. You were seen.
Oh yeah, fuck those dumbasses too. And unlike Russians who are under state propaganda, these people weren't. They had access to all the facts and still sided with putin. Fuck them all.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
With no further path for deterrence or deescalation, every feasible sanction that has been entertained against Russia needs to be enacted swiftly and without delay. Unfortunately this will come at the expense of the impoverished Russian populace. There will be unfathomable victims across Ukraine as a result of Putin's actions tonight. He will rightfully condemned by any decent human being for all time.

We can only hope his imperialistic aims end here and he doesn't test the resolve of the global community by attacking a NATO nation directly.

I said earlier this afternoon, "When the autocratic despots decide to come for me, I hope I show as much poise, dignity and strength of character as the Ukrainian people have shown the world this week." Their resolve under these arduous circumstances... and the strife they've had to endure since the opening salvos of this war in 2014, under Yanukovych's unjust rule, under the Soviet Union and after Chernobyl has been nothing short of remarkable. My deepest and most sincere condolences go out to the people of Ukraine across the globe and their families and loved ones.

One thing I will reiterate is this... our elected officials may need to remain diplomatic with Russia still but the rest of us do not. I will not forgive Putin and his administration and those that enabled him and praised him until the day I leave this Earth. I will not condemn the Russian people as a whole and I urge the rest of you do not as well. They live under a tyrant and are powerless to do anything to impede his will and will remain as such until he is dead.

Anyone that decides to exploit this opportunity to "own the Libs" or gaslight their respective populaces for political aims can go fuck themselves. There is no forgiving this. There is no justifying this. There shall be no downplaying this. And there shall be no forgiving Putin until he is gone. Period.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Can we merge this thread with the other one? I know it's new news, new thread, but the other thread's still rolling.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
CNN correspondant in Odessa: 3-4 blasts in the last half hour, distant from the city centre

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i hate moving threads mid-crisis, i don't think it's a good idea unless you quickly lock the old one

edit: ok they locked it

Oct 28, 2017
From what I've been told by people in/ from the region there actually are proper neo-Nazis forming the National Guard in Ukraine (e.g. Azov Battalion), but if Putin actually gave a shit about fascist ideologies he would start by cleaning house. No excuse for invading, the real motivations for which are painfully obvious to everyone.