Oct 25, 2017

This is absolutely fucking disgusting.

edit: do send some words of support her way

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
3cd8a33a.png

Oct 25, 2017
I think the interview she did with Greg Miller about this is essential listening.

Laura is incredibly kind, so it's heartbreaking hearing how she has been dealing with this harassment.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the most pathetic people ever. And kind of scary too, since they're incapable of separating fiction from reality.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Some really unhinged ppl out there.

I thought it was bad when this happens for movies, books, but games?

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
not everyone should have social media, and this is exhibit A, B, C and fucking all the way Z. What disgusting behavior. Good on the people sending her positive messages to fight this.

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
Reminds me of The Last Jedi and how Kellie Marie Tran got threats like that. People are shit. I feel awful for Laura Bailey.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
They act like she wrote the story. What a bunch of dumb manchildren.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
She's one of my favorite voice actors, she's so talented. People fucking suck.

MysteryM

Oct 28, 2017
I'd love for all these people to be prosecuted for the hurt and anguish there vile words cause. Fuck the internet.

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being so obsessed with a fictional videogame character that you actualize a persona in your mind based upon nothing more than a voice and then direct real-life anger towards that thing. Like, how unstable, and utterly pathetic do you need to be? Gamers truly are the most frail branch of the species.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
This shit is awful. Disgusting. I'm embarrassed to share an interest in games with pieces of shit like that.

I remember reading in the past that villains in UK soap operas would often get abuse hurled at them in the street because of the actions of the characters they play. I'll never understand the level of idiocy that'd make a person do that to an actor. What don't these fuckwipes get?

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Fuck all of these people. So you dont like the character? So fucking what? Why are you harassing the actor for? This is literally what happened with Star Wars. Challenging story and fanboys throw a hissy fit and target the actors. Ugh.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Humanity continues to be fucking garbage. Do these people understand that it's a video game and these characters aren't real?

And especially to a person like Laura, who's genuinely one of the sweetest, kindest people around.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Jesus. It's a VIDEO GAME. I cannot even fathom writing such ill words towards someone because something happened in a game that upset them.
Laura's character was amazing.

Oct 25, 2017
They are the lowest of the low human beings, if you can even call them that. She was fantastic and helped make me love the character.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I have never understood why people go after actors of fictional characters. It is dumbfounding.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Social networks need to get fucking better at this. This is not an impossible problem. They need to get their shit together and stand up for women who get harassed like this.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
You'd think more people would be aware that consumable media in practically every form is complete make-believe.... right? And you know... actors and stuff? Green screen? Mocap?

This is like the "historical records" from Galaxy Quest taken beyond ignorance into pure stupidity.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
"It's not like she wrote it!"
"why are they doing this to actors?"

you people realize this wouldn't be okay to say to writers either, right?

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
People are sending death threats to a voice actress in a video game?!?

WTF, I wanna believe these people are all under the age of 15 but sadly I doubt that's the case. So disgusting.

I can't imagine ever being mad enough at a piece of fiction to even tag the creator on social media and kindly let them know how disappointed I was, LET ALONE send fucking death threats to an actor. Aaargh, so fucking frustrating...