Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Action Button Reviews Ranking (as of January 1, 2021)

1. Tokimeki Memorial (1994)​
2. Doom (1993)​
3. Pac-Man (1980)​
4. The Last Of Us (2013)​
?. Final Fantasy VII Remake (2020)​

Last edited:

Mortal Mario

Apr 15, 2019
UK
Six hours, wow, getting towards Sátántangó lengths now. This will take me a few sittings to get through. I know nothing about this game, I'm curious.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Omg yes, finally.

Finally it won't just be and my friend Tom yelling at the world about how important TokiMemo is to video games.

OP
OP
NotLiquid

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"Tokimeki Memorial is more cyberpunk than Cyberpunk 2077 can ever be" - Tim Rogers

also he dropped the knowledge that he plans to some day eventually review Persona 2 (fans have begged him to review Persona 4).

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Tim might say he will not die hungry, but anything can happen over the span of 6 hours.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Excited to make my way through this over the next few weeks. I have no connection to the game (like most) but having read Tim's thoughts on this production I have no doubt this'll be great.

Nearly a year in and I think the ACTION BUTTON experiment has been something special and I will continue to look forward to whatever else Tim cooks up.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
In the words of Tim Rogers himself I feel as if I'm staring at Mount Everest and someone just handed me a plastic spoon

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
a six hour video about a video game i've never heard of in my entire life

sweet!

OP
OP
NotLiquid

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tim giving Snatcher the cred it deserves. No wonder he wanted to get the video out earlier, it's basically a Christmas game!

Also lmao "without Night Trap we probably wouldn't have Metal Gear Solid or Death Stranding. Thanks Night Trap, now please go away forever."

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Six hours of laying his shtick on Tokimeki Memorial sounds like way too much, but then again, I've never, ever understood the appeal of his content or online persona.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
6 hours of Glorious Tim Rogers content, I'm there dude. I've always been very interested in playing these games, but as far as I know, nothing has ever been officially translated. I hope they do someday.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
two full playthroughs take up most of the time, well about 1/3rd of it anyways
Tim Rogers going full Tim Rogers while recording a full playthrough of a VN, let alone two, honestly sounds off-putting and a poor way to sell people on the VN in question.

More power to his fans, but man, I will never, ever get it, and even an hour of a six-hour video of his feels like it would be heavy lifting for me.

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
Awesome. I've always been very curious about TM ever since playing Snatcher and Symphony of the Night back in the the day. Excited to get stuck into this

treasureyez

Nov 23, 2017
Tim Rogers going full Tim Rogers while recording a full playthrough of a VN, let alone two, honestly sounds off-putting and a poor way to sell people on the VN in question.

More power to his fans, but man, I will never, ever get it, and even an hour of a six-hour video of his feels like it would be heavy lifting for me.

Considering the game isn't playable in English, I don't think his goal is to sell you on playing it.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
I'm watching the Dropped Frames GOTY stream right now, but immediately afterwards I'll be putting this on and going to bed. Then I'll watch it again but for real after I wake up.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I wish I could recreate the odd bark-laugh that came out of me upon seeing the runtime, lol.

Excited as hell to dive in. I think I'll actually take this one a chapter at a time.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
wait a sec...

I feel like him seeing the game in a magazine was the origin of Tim Rogers as he is now lol

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, time to spend the first day of the year watching this.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
I started watching this series because of the 3 hour doom review because I love doom, but damn they are all so good even if you are not interested in the games at all, Tim Rogers creates really special stuff

OP
OP
NotLiquid

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There's a part of this video that you can cut out and basically use as a video response whenever the question comes up as to why games and franchises like Persona don't leave a high school setting.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
$12k a month patreon seems like a success and it'll only get better.

My only concern is that it seems like he started out of the gate very close to that figure, but clearly way more now goes into the production of these things (at least two editors who seem to do a ton of work). Hoping they're feeling successful and well funded, and also hope one of these reviews blows up similar to his DQXI review to get more recognition and support via Patreon.

Status
Not open for further replies.