7/ Ace Combat Assault Horizon : 1,07M
8/ Ace Combat 0 : 792k
9/ Ace Combat 6 : 700k
10/ Ace Combat X : 476k
11/ Ace Combat Advance : 100k
/ Ace Combat X-2 Joint Assault : ?
/ Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy : ?
/ Ace Combat Infinity : Free-to-Play

Game is also in playable in Game Pass since March 2020. So the total player count is likely the highest in the series by a considerable margin.

wp_25million_1920_1080.png

Er5eGkrVQAEPUy_

Last edited:

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Deserved.

It's a great game even though the campaign is story-wise are random mess.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
WOw. It beating all the PS2 entries is surprising,

No excuse for no 8 now. Dualsense implementation could be seriously awesome

Altrich

Apr 5, 2018
Shit son, that's more what Control makes to date and like 7x more than what 13 Sentinels make to date. Happy for them but also hoping other games gets more recognition.

On topic, did anytime manage to get the platinum trophy?

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
They deserve it! Hope we'll get more Ace combat games in the next year or two.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
amazing.

I really thought AC4 sold more. I felt I saw it everywhere in the US in the mid 2000s. Maybe it was sold in bundles and these copies are not counted as sold ?

Pottuvoi

Oct 28, 2017
Nice.

I really cannot wait to see AC8 on new generation of consoles.
Also UE5 with Nanite should work amazingly well for this kind of game.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Got it on sale a few days ago, pretty nice.

The english lines and VA are pretty bad but I enjoy the gameplay and the aircraft upgrade tree.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
I'm sure some of them were sold on sales price, but still great result for a niche franchise (and one of my favourite series!) :D

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Now that the license is no longer exclusive to EA, i would love to see Project Aces do a spin on Star Wars.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
WOw. It beating all the PS2 entries is surprising,

No excuse for no 8 now. Dualsense implementation could be seriously awesome
Why ? The gaming market is much bigger than during the PS2 days and publisher can sell their games for years thanks through digital distributing.

Either way great result, for AC7 - cant wait to see a next-gen version.

Nov 21, 2017
PLAY THIS GODDAMN SERIES PEOPLE! It's flighty shooty rootin' tootin' arcade action and it's GREAT!

I am still salty about the whole VR thing...or lack thereof.

I've got two words for you: Project Wingman

store.steampowered.com

Save 50% on Project Wingman on Steam

Project Wingman is a flight action game that lets you take the seat of advanced fighter jets and become a true ace. Fight in various missions and gamemodes ranging from intense aerial dogfights to large scale ground assault in an alternate scorched earth setting.

It's basically an Ace Combat "fangame" made by 3 guys (main dev, a writer and a composer). It's got everything a good AC game needs: lots of planes (including some endgame fictional superplanes), a war that just escalates beyond belief, a soundtrack that would make Keiki Kobayashi proud...

Oh, and did I mention it's FULLY PLAYABLE IN VR? Because it's fully playable in VR.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Hopefully this means that Project Aces can expand a bit, and Ace Combat 8 will have a bigger budget/team. I feel like they're currently punching way above their weight.

I loved Ace Combat 7, but there's still plenty of room for improvement to the Ace Combat formula... which is a good thing IMHO.

Gamerasi

Sep 30, 2019
For those looking for Ace Combat-like games on the pc platform, it is recommended to try Project Wingman. VR is also outstanding.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
So happy for this. Game is incredible. Will be even happier when they announce there's a part 8 in the works.

You get SO into it when it clicks, it's amazing.

OldBritBloke

Oct 28, 2017
It was my first Ace; I bought it mostly to try out the PSVR missions (which are excellent, and one of my go-to PSVR demo experiences for friends) but I've been really enjoying working my way through the campaign on the big screen too. I'll be very interested in an Ace Combat 8.

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished thx to Gamepass and even not being a fan of air combat games, I really enjoyed it.
Super fun with a lot of content!

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad it sold so well (though it is still not enough for a series as cool as this). Now please give us AC8!

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
It's still pretty crazy that the bulk of the game was developed in one year, as we learned via twitter thread from the series producer:

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Finally got into this series properly with it being on GamePass. Game definitely deserves the accolades and recognition; it's just straight-up fun.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
This is my first AC game. Absolutely fantastic. A really thrilling game that gives me Zone of the Enders vibes.