Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
IMG_20240803_155510.jpg

Screenshot_2024-08-03-15-16-40-53_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
They are a two project production studio these days yeah? Regardless, looking forward to what they have been cooking.

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
Makes sense. With the way certain plot points in Ragnarok felt rushed (given that it was originally a trilogy), I wouldn't blame them if they're desperate to work on a new IP at this point lol

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Will be definitely keen to see what new IP these teams, including SSM, come up with. Really would love to see a new IP from Sucker Punch but Ghosts was too successful for them to ignore as a franchise.. that western concept art looked cool.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Will be definitely keen to see what new IP these teams, including SSM, come up with. Really would love to see a new IP from Sucker Punch but Ghosts was too successful for them to ignore as a franchise.. that western concept art looked cool.

What western concept art.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Huh, never seen that before. When is it from?
I think these came out in 2017 or so (so the concepts were prob from before then, maybe after Second Son shipped). Maybe got cancelled bc of RDR2 or Days Gone pressure or Tsushima just won out. Who knows. But RDR2 is the only major open world western game I can think of and there could be more!

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Sucker Punch? That was "Prophecy" and its test footage already leaked a few years ago

I guess Sony thought it was too close to The Order

Det

Jul 30, 2020
I think these came out in 2017 or so (so the concepts were prob from before then, maybe after Second Son shipped). Maybe got cancelled bc of RDR2 or Days Gone pressure or Tsushima just won out. Who knows. But RDR2 is the only major open world western game I can think of and there could be more!

Oh neat. Makes sense why I hadn't seen it then, I was PC only until this gen. Would like to see something new from them after GoT2.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Sucker Punch? That was "Prophecy" and its test footage already leaked a few years ago

Hmm. Maybe. But it also looks like it might've moved from a straight western game to some kind of alt-history Japanese colonialism into the western US or something. Nothing really looks that exciting from this prototype to me personally, but you can also see where they took some ideas/work and put it into Tsushima next.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I wouldn't mind them going full assassin's creed with Ghost and setting each entry in a different country/time period. Dunno how long they want to stick with the series but it could help keep things fresh

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Very excited if it's Cory getting to do his own I.P, really excited to see what he'd direct that was fully his vision from the get go.

Oct 27, 2017
It's been obvious for years that Cory Barlog's game would be a new IP, but nonetheless I find it a bit creepy trawling through people's LinkedIn profiles for hints on what they're working on.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah we all kinda knew about Cory's ip. We also knew about the other ip that was cancelled, the space one, cause Sony thought it was too similar to Destiny or something like that. Looking back, maybe they should have stuck with it

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Curious to see what Barlog has been cooking for the past half decade. Hopefully the Sci-Fi/Horror rumors turn out to be true.

D A M A G E D

Banned
Feb 24, 2024
Don't have a frikkin idea what it might be, but SSM and Corey have proven the ability to create top notch entertainment. Hype preordered till we know more.

Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
Thought this was clear since Cory said at the 2021 showcase that he is working on something other than Ragnarök.

Guess there was a slight chance on him still working on God of War or another existing IP, but always thought that's very unlikely.

Thalanil

Fallen Guardian
Aug 24, 2023
The rumor swirling around was that it was a Sci-Fi game right? I hope that's true, that would be so hype, I want it to be a Space Opera Action Game/RPG.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
The rumor swirling around was that it was a Sci-Fi game right? I hope that's true, that would be so hype, I want it to be a Space Opera Action Game/RPG.
I think the sci-fi rumours mostly just come from Cory being a big sci-fi fan, I don't think anything has actually leaked on what it might be, just stuff like this were it seems like they have a new I.P in development and Cory talking about how he wants to do his own I.P in a interview post God of War (2018).