4. Hellblade 2: Senua's Saga by Ninja Theory
  5. Project Mara by Ninja Theory
  6. Avowed by Obsidian
  7. The Outer Worlds 2 by Obsidian
  8. Fable by Playground Games
  9. Everwild by Rare
  10. Forza Motorsport by Turn 10
  11. State of Decay 3 by Undead Labs
  12. Age of Mythology, supervised and managed by World's Edge, by Relic Entertainment
  13. Ara: History Untold via Xbox Global Publishing, by Oxide Games
  14. Contraband via Xbox Global Publishing, by Avalanche
  15. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 via Xbox Global Publishing, by Asobo Studio
  16. Towerborne via Xbox Global Publishing, by Stoic Studio
  17. Kojima's untitled project via Xbox Global Publishing, by Kojima Productions
  18. Starfield by Bethesda
  19. The Elder Scrolls VI by Bethesda
  20. Indiana Jones by MachineGames

Edit: should be 20. I forgot Kojima's game initially

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely beautiful list. Xbox is back in full force, there has never been a better time to join the ecosystem.

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
And the kicker is there is so much not on there

Missing studios:
Tango
Coalition
Double Fine
Playground's other team working on the inevitable FH6

Anyone else I'm forgetting? Feel like I forgot one.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sucks we still know Jack shit about Perfect Dark.

That's the Xbox thing I'm extremely interested in.

Oct 25, 2017
湘南
Absolutely beautiful list. Xbox is back in full force, there has never been a better time to join the ecosystem.

Given the track record, I think it's safer to wait and see how these pan out. Some of these have been in development forever or won't be out in forever. Also possible for some to be cancelled. Basically, it's fine to be excited, but it's a bit early to say they're "back in full force."

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Interested in 4 of those right now but I could be swayed into more depending on future showings.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
  1. Clockwork Revolution by inXile Entertainment
  2. Kojima's untitled project via Xbox Global Publishing, by Kojima Productions
  3. Starfield by Bethesda
  4. Indiana Jones by MachineGames
These are the only ones that interest me. Kojima will depend what type of game it is but generally he doesn't miss.

Clockwork looked great as did starfield (though there is still a bit to be skeptical about, how boring these planets are going to be to explore, hard not to make comparisons to NMS but that game is so boring. Everything else about starfield looks ace though)
Indy again will depend what type of game it is but machinegames are amazing so it's most likely going to be good.

The rest of the list is varied, unfortunately they don't really interest me.

What I want most is a new gears. (and whatever is coming next for halo)

Godot25

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2023
  1. South of Midnight by Compulsion Games
  2. Perfect Dark by The Initiative
  3. Clockwork Revolution by inXile Entertainment
  4. Hellblade 2: Senua's Saga by Ninja Theory
  5. Project Mara by Ninja Theory
  6. Avowed by Obsidian
  7. The Outer Worlds 2 by Obsidian
  8. Fable by Playground Games
  9. Everwild by Rare
  10. Forza Motorsport by Turn 10
  11. State of Decay 3 by Undead Labs
  12. Age of Mythology, supervised and managed by World's Edge, by Relic Entertainment
  13. Ara: History Untold via Xbox Global Publishing, by Oxide Games
  14. Contraband via Xbox Global Publishing, by Avalanche
  15. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 via Xbox Global Publishing, by Asobo Studio
  16. Towerborne via Xbox Global Publishing, by Stoic Studio
  17. Kojima's untitled project via Xbox Global Publishing, by Kojima Productions
  18. Starfield by Bethesda
  19. The Elder Scrolls VI by Bethesda
  20. Indiana Jones by MachineGames

Edit: should be 20. I forgot Kojima's game initially
And more impressive thing is that there are several studios that have unannouced games
id Software
ZOS
Arkane Lyon
The Coalition (they are making Gears 6)
Playground Forza team
Double Fine
Tango Ghostwire team

Even if you count in longer development times, Microsoft would have to fumble this sooo hard to NOT have 1 AAA game per quarter.

Gunman

Aug 19, 2020
Crazy how many of these were announced when the console launched, and only now do a couple even have release dates (years?).

Windu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is also Age of Empires Mobile and I don't think Relic is making Mythology Retold.

And yeah that is a lot of stuff. Especially when you consider that there is a lot of unannounced stuff from other studios as well.

They are sure taking their sweet time though.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's an impressive list of games, but it's not like all of those are scheduled for next year, some of those will only come out in 2025 or later.
You could have said the same 3 years ago when Fable and Hellblade 2 were shown and we're still getting very little of those and no release date.

Newman96

Oct 27, 2017
Would be intrigued to see an opposite list of what Sony has lined up, feel like we don't know much about them at the moment?

Really solid list for Xbox though, been a bit down on recent gamepass offerings but the futures looking strong

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
Would be intrigued to see an opposite list of what Sony has lined up, feel like we don't know much about them at the moment?

Marvel's Spider-Man 2 by Insomniac
Marvel's Wolverine by Insomniac
The Last of Us multiplayer by Naughty Dog
Marathon by Bungie
Fairgames by Haven
Concord by Firewalk
Helldivers 2 by Arrowhead
Death Stranding 2 by Kojima Productions
Rise of the Ronin by Team Ninja
Stellar Blade by ShiftUp
Lost Soul Aside by Ultizero
Convallaria by Loong Force
Star Wars Knight of the Old Republic Remake by ????

After that there's various projects that have been confirmed (such as multiplayer games at Guerilla and London Studio, new IPs at Bend and Santa Monica) without formal announcements.

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
Marathon by Bungie
Fairgames by Haven
Concord by Firewalk
Stellar Blade by ShiftUp

After that there's various projects that have been confirmed (such as multiplayer games at Guerilla and London Studio, new IPs at Bend and Santa Monica) without formal announcements.
Man, for the first time in I don't know how long, Xbox has the more appealing upcoming games to me. Crazy.

Not to say Sony has nothing coming for me, and they also have their (Final Fantasy) money hats and other 3rd party games that ignore Xbox, but right now, Xbox looks more exciting. Add that rumored Banjo-Kazooie game and it's fantastic.

I hope Sony has a show in the foreseeable future that blows me away.

Oct 27, 2017
Marathon by Bungie
Fairgames by Haven
Concord by Firewalk
Stellar Blade by ShiftUp

FFVII Rebirth?

Cutty

Oct 31, 2017
As an Xbox fan who has come back home with the Series X, I'm really happy with the showcase announcements. But as of now, this is still just a list, made up of many titles announced years ago. I won't be truly excited until the titles start getting delivered on consistent schedules.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope fable and forza are decent because that list for me personally is fucking dire. There's maybe one or two other games at most on that list I'd be interested in and based on the studios that haven't shown stuff yet I'm not expecting much more I'd care about either.

Happy for those who are into those kind of games and want more games for their Xbox though, nice they are finally pumping lots of content out from first parties even if there's little I find interesting. Hopefully they'll end up getting more stuff I care about down the road.

Ratuso

Nov 27, 2021
As far as I know, Age of Mytholghy is being developed by Forgotten Empires, not Relic

Lightsong

Nov 11, 2022
How likely is it to see AoM at the Extended Show or at Gamecom Opening Night Live?

I NEED IT

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Now this is not surprising. I've said for some time now that once the MS studios had the years to establish themselves and build up a head of steam, they'd start to steamroller. Back when they all got acquired, the first thing that came to mind was how it would be a good 5 years before that started to bear fruit and that's happening. These seeds were laid around the time of the OneX coming out.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Just to clarify for those that are mentioning/reporting this as a 'list thread', the list thread rule is about threads that just encourage people to reply with lists and nothing else. No discussion. 'What are you top ten favourite Mario games' or, the more important question, 'what are your favourite frogs in games'?

It is not a problem for some to start a discussion thread with a list in the OP, if it goes on to actually encourage discussion. That is not against our TOS.

Kazer

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty meh list for me. I'll take ES6 and Hellblade 2.

MAYBE Perfect Dark if it isn't shit.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When can we realistically expect Elder Scrolls 6? 2028?

Mar 19, 2021
Xbox definitely has a lot of good variety in the pipeline, particularly compared to its main competitor. Now the games just need to deliver.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I really hope fable and forza are decent because that list for me personally is fucking dire. There's maybe one or two other games at most on that list I'd be interested in and based on the studios that haven't shown stuff yet I'm not expecting much more I'd care about either.

Happy for those who are into those kind of games and want more games for their Xbox though, nice they are finally pumping lots of content out from first parties even if there's little I find interesting. Hopefully they'll end up getting more stuff I care about down the road.

What kind of games do you play?

For me personally, it's the same. I'm looking forward to the next Forza games, the AoM remake/remaster and I'm initrigued to see how State of Decay 3, Fable and Everwild turn out. But overall this list doesn't do much for me. I'd like to see more arcadey and accessible stuff like Crackdown, Grounded or Hi-Fi Rush.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
When can we realistically expect Elder Scrolls 6? 2028?
I think it's potentially a Q4 2027 title, but I wouldn't really expect it any sooner. Four years between Starfield and TES VI would match the four years between Skyrim and FO4. It probably depends on how much of their Creation 2 tech for Starfield can be reused.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
What kind of games do you play?

For me personally, it's the same. I'm looking forward to the next Forza games, the AoM remake/remaster and I'm initrigued to see how State of Decay 3, Fable and Everwild turn out. But overall this list doesn't do much for me. I'd like to see more arcadey and accessible stuff like Crackdown, Grounded or Hi-Fi Rush.

I'd love more stuff like a big budget crackdown, I was disappointed with 3 but went back and played 1 and enjoyed it despite it being dated. Fable is a big one for me, loved that game since the first Xbox. Forza I used to love but once they added in wheelspin/luck games to get rewards it ruined the experience for me with money being thrown at me within 30 mins of starting the game, already hated the wheelspin shit in horizon but figured that they may keep that stuff out of the motorsport stuff now so interested to try it at least. Hi-if rush I played a couple of hours off and did enjoy so that's on my backlog for sure. Other than that there's nothing that interested me. I am totally interested in avowed now they've said they didn't want to be Skyrim.

The issues even necessarily the type of game either, I love RPGs and games in the style of quantum break or stuff like that but for whatever reason the worlds and styles of them that are being made on Xbox aren't clicking with me and aren't my style. I hate zombie games and find them unbelievably boring. Don't like halo, don't like gears. I hate elder scrolls and honestly if Bethesda (the publisher) have put out a game in the last 15 years I'd like then I haven't found it and I've tried almost all of them.

Like I said, I'm glad for those that do like them but for me, Microsoft first party being a lot of Bethesda games these days has absolutely made the first party offerings far worse for me by and large because they're going to always be a decent size part of them, on top of filling the gamepass catalogue with more of them.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised Gears 6 isn't in the list. I thought it was heavily rumored that they were making it.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Surprised Gears 6 isn't in the list. I thought it was heavily rumored that they were making it.
It is, but it hasn't been announced yet. Those are all announced games. Just like how Forza Horizon 6 will almost certainly be a thing, but it isn't on the list, because it hadn't been announced.