Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work

Ultimadrago

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely deserving of its own thread. The work on this series is remarkable.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Just got done with it. Just as good as the first one if not better!

andysexton

Oct 25, 2017
Best news today, so stoked it's finally out.

The opening scene riff on that old Starfox 64 vhs is amazing

bleck98534

Feb 18, 2023
It took a long time, but episode 2 was really great. I haven't watched very many of the preview clips that were posted over the last few years so I was pleasantly surprised to see how they took it into a prequel area. It was also super cool to hear so many familiar voices like Vinesauce and Jerma.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Just finished it and yup it was damn good. I know it would never happen but damn I wish Nintendo would reach out and help make this into a legit thing.

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019
Wow. It's incredible. This is probably one of my favorite fan-projects ever. how can we get this guy the support to produce these things faster then every 7 years?

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Man, that was over way too soon. Gonna have to wait another 7 years for the next episode.

Fuck Wolf holy shit.

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
Ok this blew me away even more than I expected. Fucking art man. Incredible characterization, storytelling, and aesthetics. Never seen fan work so good.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Finally finished today and somehow this latest episode is even better than the first. The whole show is just a vibe. Amazing talent all around.

h8bit

Oct 26, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Really incredible. I'm so glad that this has come out. VA is awesome, animation has a ton of charm. I wish the games were half as cool as this is

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
God the dialogue and characterization is so good in this.

Like I didn't even know Fara or Dess from the comics and their scenes hit hard. Watching Fara's expression shift from joy to confusion and then disgust when she realizes how Wolf used her is brutal. Also every single scene with Wolf takes on a different tone when you know what he's planning to do - "Gone forever, didn't even leave a note."

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
God that ruled.

I didn't think anything would make me want to play Assault again, but here we are.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
God the dialogue and characterization is so good in this.

Like I didn't even know Fara or Dess from the comics and their scenes hit hard. Watching Fara's expression shift from joy to confusion and then disgust when she realizes how Wolf used her is brutal. Also every single scene with Wolf takes on a different tone when you know what he's planning to do - "Gone forever, didn't even leave a note."

He's coming back, right?

Feb 19, 2018
Watched it yesterday after finally watchin episode 1 the first time a few days ago.
Absolutely excellent stuff, probably the best "animation done by one guy" (at least mostly, in the case of episode 1), I've seen in ages, possibly ever.

The dialogue writing and micro emotions in particular are fantastic.

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
Phenomenal work, absolutely deserves more attention. I really like the worldbuilding and political tension that's been established.
Also I laughed at the ad on the TV.

Oct 25, 2017
One of the greatest video game adaptions I've ever seen, if not the best. I hate to even restrict it to just an adaptation, it's just plain amazing. The writing, the acting, the cinematography, the VIBES, my god the vibes. I'm not an 80's baby, but everything from the weathered audio quality, the neon glows, the wood paneling and lo-fi hardware and tech; everything make me nostalgic for an era I've never seen. In a just world, Nintendo would put aside their pride and preconceived notions of how to adapt Starfox, and hand this man the keys and a contract with Adult Swim to co produce his vision with a full budget.

What a gift to fans of the franchise, or just plain fans of great writing and characterization period.

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017
The subtle animation on faces and bodies combine with the performances is just really top quality stuff.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I love that everytime you see Fox, he's gaming, even in Episode 1 it starts with him playing video games, haha.
And yeah, world building is insane in this.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I hope picking up 3D animation helped streamline the process somewhat so the next one doesn't take quite so long to come out. For the shots where you can tell it's there it still looks really good, like he rotoscoped it too or something. Reminds me of how WorthiKids' stuff is in Maya nowadays but because of his process you can barely even tell.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope picking up 3D animation helped streamline the process somewhat so the next one doesn't take quite so long to come out. For the shots where you can tell it's there it still looks really good, like he rotoscoped it too or something. Reminds me of how WorthiKids' stuff is in Maya nowadays but because of his process you can barely even tell.
Yeah, you can tell which shots are pre and post 3D assistance. It seems he did a blend of posing out the characters in 3D as a guide and then animating over them. It's still a lot of work but hopefully it can speed up production overall if his bottleneck was getting the poses in a 3D space "just right".