Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wasnt sure if I should make this thread since I didnt know him well, but I did know him from his postings here and there on the Giant Bomb thread as well as seeing his name on here and on GAF way back when.

Rest in Peace duder.

edit:
If you'd like to donate to his families gofundme:
Ricardo was a big part of the FakeGAF / Bucket community for a long time. He was an amazing friend and he will be dearly missed by myself and the rest of the community. I am saddened and shocked to hear of his passing. I don't know what happened. But, at least I do know for sure that the world and this site have become a little less bright without him.

His family has organized a GoFundMe in honor of Ricardo. If anyone would like to help out, here is the link:

https://www.gofundme.com/in-loving-...sA3RyZIqy1HTtigDHbpeM--LIRlUSNmtL17oYjHr3xpCw

Mods, if this is not allowed, I apologize. Please edit my post.

Last edited:

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
Damn. I remember him from the Mental Health thread back on GAF and I have seen him around here as well. RIP :(

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
:(

RIP.

I remember his username and his informative posts in science related threads.

Filthy Slug

Oct 25, 2017
Ah fuck, this is brutal. I went to a Mountain Goats show with him and some other GAF homies--was a really cool dude and glad we got to jam out together briefly.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no, I am so sorry to hear that. He was a person with the courage of his convictions and always ready and eager to share his massively vast knowledge. I didn't interact with him very much so we were only acquaintances at most, but I contacted him for advice about something last March, on a subject I remembered he was knowledgeable about, and he kindly speedily got back to me with a thoughtful response. I appreciated that so much. He was a good poster genuinely interested in helping people learn more about themselves and the world. My deepest condolences go out to his friends and family.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
:(

Thank you for making the thread. This is really sad news, I rarely interacted directly with him, but he was still one of my favourite posters when I started posting on GAF. Always had good posts in science and skepticism-related threads. I will miss him.

RIP

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I remember this guy. We had some PM exchanges on GAF as well. RIP. Very sad to hear. I also knew he had mental health issues so I hope he was in peace in his last moments.

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
One thing that I've realised in this digital future is that either myself or one of my online only friends could pass and there would never be any notification. I'd never know what happened to them or they'd never know what happened to me. The posts would just stop. I was actually scared when I couldn't contact a friend for 10 days once. Fortunately I was only overreacting.

That's why I'm very grateful that Oomi would do this for their friend even when they don't post here. They wanted to let everyone know. RIP Fishy.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
He wanted to be a doctor I remember. I think he was also originally from Spain and was a big fan of LA, where he lived.

laminated

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't know him, but after this announcement I found myself reading through his post history. He seemed like such a cool person. Very sad news.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
RIP :(

I never interacted with him but I enjoyed a lot of his posts and we had similar musical tastes... I hope you're alright now, wherever you may be.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. He was one of the first people I met through Dep-Gaf. We used to talk a ton on mumble and the IRC. He was a great listen.

Ive never had this happened before.

Truthfully, I moved away from that community as I did get better (through lots of effort on my part) and started living more of my life to my fullest extent. But he was a lot of fun to be around. I often think a lot about the people who I saw on DEPGAF and what happened to them

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that's sad to hear. :(
He used to post regularly in the F1 threads back on GAF, he was a pretty chill, cool dude.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. He was one of the first people I met through Dep-Gaf. We used to talk a ton on mumble and the IRC. He was a great listen.

Ive never had this happened before.

Truthfully, I moved away from that community as I did get better (through lots of effort on my part) and started living more of my life to my fullest extent. But he was a lot of fun to be around. I often think a lot about the people who I saw on DEPGAF and what happened to them

Like you, most of us moved on (right around the same time, actually). Most everyone is doing well. I'm glad to hear you are too. :)

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Its always very sad to lose a community member even though we're so large and don't get to know everyone. Condolences to his friends and family. May he rest in peace.