Status
Not open for further replies.
I just came across this and it seems that a lot of the stuff we knew already has been confirmed, but something new here is the 12-month long PS5 exclusivity. In addition, the game doesn't have a release date but will be available on wishlist of the PlayStation Store after the stream ends.

Bullets from the article:
  • It will be developed by Bloober Team, famous of The Medium, and the Layers of Fear series.
  • The game will offer an over-the-shoulder camera view.
  • We see the return Masahiro Ito, and Akira Yamaoka.
  • The game will be a 12-month long PlayStation 5 Exclusive and also on PC. There is no release date, but the game will be available for wishlisting on the PlayStation Store after the reveal.
  • The graphics have been described as 'amazing' and something that is truly next-gen.
The site also previously posted about MW2 campaign's early access a few hours before it went live

If it helps, The Snitch also liked the tweet.

View: https://imgur.com/a/f5BRql2

Update: Okami13_ also tweeting it out:

View: https://twitter.com/Okami13_/status/1582734490698321921

Source: WhatIfGaming

Last edited:

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Bloober but under the overview of Ito? Hm...
To be honest the article doesn't offer anything new we hadn't heard before

Det

Jul 30, 2020
I thought It was on the sequel/another mainline entry. We'll know soon enough either way.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
The fears are real. The worst developer possible to tackle a game like this.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
I really don't trust bloober team at all

not only i fear they'll ruin the initial atmosphere even if it's a 1:1 remake, but if there's actually new endings, they better not touch the writing at all....

it would so much simpler to just re-release all the games on modern plateforms

oh well, we'll see how it goes

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Lovely. But man I wish they'd just put the original PC version on Steam and GOG.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Third person? check
Over the shoulder? check
Timed exclusive? check

It's a PlayStation game all right!

As someone that completed The Medium and never completed a Silent Hill game, I'm OK with the having a crack at it.

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I think this will surprise people, even if it's made by bloober. Not on an RE level, but SH fans will be happy

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Now who the hell is working on the next SH then if Ito is involved with the remake

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Can't wait for another slew of "Man, what did Bloober do to y'all's dog" and similar posts again.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I have 0 faith that Bloober will handle the game with the care it deserves. The Medium was so damn bad (sorry Bloober, turns out I cant sympathise with your pedophile character, fuck off with that shit)... unless Konami is giving them 0 creative control for this remake, I doubt it'll turn out well, no matter how "amazing" the next gen graphics are. And yet again Sony money hat a game that didnt need it... nothing like kicking a series before it gets back up by blocking a portion of its potential audience from playing it. Then again... Xbox only owners might be the lucky ones here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Bloober redemption arc?

If there's any title where they can do for such an arc, it would be this.
Since one of the biggest complaints (their writers) aren't going to have to carry as much work.

We already know they can pull off the graphics and environment design (looking at the medium).
It'll all come down to having at least decent combat and not slapping the Cutscenes/Performances into a Twin Snakes style situation.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Bloob alert

😢

Who knows, if they stick to the source material maybe this won't turn out so bad

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
Yes, because Microsoft buying them will stop exclusives.

Could have sworn ms held a e3 video stream announcing an abundance of timed exclusives. Why do ppl seem to over look this? Lol

Yeah, they should get EA next as they lost a remake from a franchise that barely sold 10m copies lifetime.

Guys, I was joking. But I get it, it's hard to tell in this day and age.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I don't know if I'm misreading the article but I don't see any confirmation in it, just stuff an 'anonymous source' is said to have told them?

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
If original developers are supervising I'm not too worried about Bloober. They can develop a game technically even if their writing skills suck.

JumbiePrime

Feb 16, 2019
Bklyn
If Bloober is actually doing a SH2 remake I don't have too much of a problem with it once they do not have ANY creative agency and just remake beat for beat.For some reason I ended up playing most of their games and they ran well enough for me

Vega

Oct 28, 2017
Well, at least we got Ito onboard. Maybe they let him have some input on the writing...

Status
Not open for further replies.