BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Presented without comment. I try to re-watch it every year.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
Everytime I go back and watch some footage it just reminds me how big this was... how insane it felt from half the country away. I remember not sleeping for days.... it felt like a dream. I can not imagine what it was like there.

RetroRunner

Dec 6, 2020
I remember the footage of the people jumping... still to this day I don't know what I'd choose. I remember the fear and the sorrow after. I remember a Sikh neighbor being killed for wearing a turban.

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
Edgelord teen version of me used to absorb all of these kinds of videos I've seen it all. Now it is time to forget.

edit: it won't even let me watch it which is weird. I don't have restricted content filter turned on...

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
There's this 15th anniversary edition focuses more on security footage, including the actual planes hitting

I would also recommend "As It Happened" which are videos compiling the news coverage on the day it happened

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Still one of the more vivid memories I have. I'd imagine a lot of people, especially those in the country, remember exactly where they were and what they were doing on the 11th.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Stuff like this is super interesting to me because all I have from the memory of that day is going home early. Some of it is hard to watch regardless

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I saw some of this tonight and its unreal to this day. Right at the part with the jumping/falling. I really wish I didn't cause I just feel sick.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah 102minutes is the one I go to, even bought a DVD a few years back. Strictly from peoples points of view, incredible harrowing footage that really captures the shock of it all over again. Fuck… just horrible.

I came across this recently too which I've never seen. Footage from right there across the plaza. The audio alone is terrifying. All the bullshit conspiracies about explosions going off when it's really the sickening sound every time of body after body hitting the ground. https://youtu.be/9rgMvMuKW5M I cry anytime I see those jumpers in videos, I can't fucking imagine…

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Presented without comment. I try to re-watch it every year.

I rewatch this, the as-it-happened broadcasts, even the ATC/norad tapes every year and I am not even sure why. That day is seared in my mind and I could never forget it.

this year though I made the mistake of watching that bush propaganda piece apple is pushing

loco

Jan 6, 2021
Living on the west coast a lot of us missed the whole thing and were still asleep well after the 2nd one fell. I remember not even knowing it happened until it was lunch time at work and we were wondering why every plane in the sky was landing at SFO.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I'll watch it tomorrow like I always do. I was up at 5:30am on the west coast that day and watched almost all of it happen in real-time. Just an absolutely surreal day.

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
Tried watching the video of events as it happened. Really hard to sit through.

I was in high school when 9/11 happened. I had to wake up early for marching band practice. None of us knew what had happened until the second plane hit.

I think we finished up practice but once we went inside, all classes were suspended and everyone was glued to all the TVs in every classroom. The footage that came out as the minutes, hours and days rolled on was so profoundly sad and defeating.

Absolutely surreal. My high school career was sort of bookended by two massive tragedies: Columbine during the end of my freshman year and 9/11 at the start of my senior year.

For a brief moment it really seemed like the world came together to mourn along with all Americans and that's when it really dawned on me how beloved my country was by the international community. I wish we could go back to that feeling, the feeling that we were one global community looking out for each other. As sick and disturbing as the attack on 9/11 was, I'll always hold on to that feeling and I'll keep on hoping we can get back to that place again one day. It's just tragic that it took such a horrendous act to bring us all together.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
For a brief moment it really seemed like the world came together to mourn along with all Americans and that's when it really dawned on me how beloved my country was by the international community. I wish we could go back to that feeling, the feeling that we were one global community looking out for each other. As sick and disturbing as the attack on 9/11 was, I'll always hold on to that feeling and I'll keep on hoping we can get back to that place again one day. It's just tragic that it took such a horrendous act to bring us all together.
9/11 did not bring us all together, that is a fantasy sold to you by corporate media.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I personally always hate the "it unified the country" talk because depending on your skin tone and perceived religion it did NOT
It made people insanely blood thirsty for war and if fueled violent racism towards anyone of middle eastern decent. I mean, as recent as Obama's presidency, being Muslim was turned into being perceived as evil. 9/11 is a huge reason for that. This country did everything it could to throw Islam and Middle Easterners under the bus.

Bush Jr took advantage of this and invaded Iraq.

It was also opened a window that the government took, to have carte blanche surveillance over all of it's citizens.

It certainly did not make this country better in any way, shape, or form.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
All I remember experiencing was extreme jingoism and war drums.

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
9/11 did not bring us all together, that is a fantasy sold to you by corporate media.

It's something I genuinely felt though. The country and world at large was spilt as we entered a decades long war on terror, I'm not disputing that, but there was a brief moment in the immediate aftermath when it felt to me like we were unified by grief, sadness, and anger.

loco

Jan 6, 2021
It absolutely did not bring us together. Living in SF I know most middle eastern and Muslim people were terrified that someone would blame them and hurt them. It was open season on racism towards middle eastern people in one of the most liberal cities in the United States. Took years for that mentality to go away

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
It's something I genuinely felt though. The country and world at large was spilt as we entered a decades long war on terror, I'm not disputing that, but there was a brief moment in the immediate aftermath when it felt to me like we were unified by grief, sadness, and anger.
You should ask brown Americans how they felt in the aftermath.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I lived in the whitest upper-middle class suburb imaginable in 2001 and I can tell you even from that bubble that this absolutely did not bring us together. There were reports within 24 hours of the attack of increased acts of hatred against anyone slightly brown or darker. Some of you were either too young at the time or extremely sheltered.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Im completely done with these videos and movies that happen to pop up on Youtube and streaming platforms like its Christmas season. Its been 20 years and it seems very counter productive to habitually relive these painful moments.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly to me the world can be summed up in two parts, before 9/11 and after 9/11. This was my second week of high school. I had no knowledge of politics or even really the larger world around me.

This kind of woke me up a bit, and arguably this even lead to a worse world due to endless wars and massive racism.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
youtu.be

9/11: As Events Unfold

The events of 9/11 as they unfolded through actual audio of First Responders, Air Traffic Controllers, Dispatch Personnel, Airline Employees, Pilots, Citizen...

3:29 in this, call into the operator just before collapse

UGH

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
Even harder to watch now. America has taken some big steps forward (gay marriage, electing a black man as president) but several more massive steps backward.

Two wars, massive amounts of money and so many lives wasted. Bin Laden won.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
I dont know about anyone else, but post 9/11 I lived in a part of the country were people were viciously attacked based on the color of their skin or perceived nationality. And that doesnt even begin to get into the larger reality of wealthy white politicians and businessmen who enriched themselves and/or expanded their vision for American influence on the back of an immense tragedy. The aftermath of 9/11 brought forth some of the worst examples of the human condition.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Honestly to me the world can be summed up in two parts, before 9/11 and after 9/11. This was my second week of high school. I had no knowledge of politics or even really the larger world around me.

This kind of woke me up a bit.
At 15 years old I was already pretty plugged into politics and world events, but this still really jolted me and had a big impact on how I viewed things.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
But hey, let's humanize Bush because he is a pleasant man and a great painter.

If only Gore had won the 2000 election. Not saying 9/11 wouldn't have happened under a Gore presidency, but he most likely wouldn't have invaded Iraq or enacted the Patriot Act. He may not even have invaded Afghanistan.

RIP to all the 9/11 victims.

thesuperfunk

Nov 3, 2017
As others have said, one of those events that you always remember where you were when you first heard ... I was in the canteen of the warehouse I was working in at the time and it just didn't seem real watching the footage. I remember coming home after my shift and just being glued to the TV all evening.

I certainly feel it's the most significant moment I've witnessed in my lifetime. Even watching the documentary now it seems surreal.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Have not watched most of this footage in like 10 years. Thanks for linking this, it's a reminder of how much we lost then.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Found through waybackmachine, a copy of the 9/11 topic as it happened, on the old Gaming Age Forum.
Internet Archive version of a saved copy

I didn't post in there on that day (or at the time the topic got saved by, I think GoodCow was their name). My job at the time didn't provide internet, and cell phones didn't really have internet capabilities like they do now.

MoosetheMark

May 3, 2019
There's a YouTube channel that's just an archive of raw, upscaled and cleaned-up footage from the day of. It's stunning in it's clarity, it feels like it's happening right now. I gotta admit I kind of got sucked into a dark hole of watching these, seeing things this clear without chyrons and narration and talking heads is just staggering. Warning: you will see people jumping, probably more clearly than you ever have.

It also has the entire raw footage from Jules Naudet, albeit in shit quality. He was the only camera to catch the first plane impact, following a group of firefighters that are the first to walk in the doors of WTC.

Seeing this kind of footage, it really makes you consider how other horrifying atrocities actually went down outside of the sterile prose of history texts.

Last edited:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
The clips from inside the smoke cloud after the first tower collapsed is straight up apocalyptic

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I didn't feel like anyone "came together" or "unified" when everyone was staring daggers at me as I walked down the street the weeks after 9/11, just because I was brown.

I do remember fearing for my life for days straight after 9/11. That I remember very well.

I bet this guy was feeling the love.

Precisely what I'm talking about.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
It also has the entire raw footage from Jules Naudet, albeit in shit quality. He was the only camera to catch the first plane impact, following a group of firefighters that are the first to walk in the doors of WTC.

Seeing this kind of footage, it really makes you wonder about how other horrifying atrocities actually went down outside of the sterile prose of history texts.

The moment the firefighter holding the walkie realizes that's the building coming down above them is fucking chilling. It's insane that they made it out. They made a split second decision to run that saved them.

I still remember this footage clearly and it's been a long time since I've watched it.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
Found through waybackmachine, a copy of the 9/11 topic as it happened, on the old Gaming Age Forum.

I didn't post in there on that day (or at the time the topic got saved by, I think GoodCow was their name). My job at the time didn't provide internet, and cell phones didn't really have internet capabilities like they do now.

Do any of you realize what has just occured?

1) You have united a nation divided by hate and stupidity.
2) You have given the President focus
3) You pissed off a Texan
4) You just gave the biggest, most powerful nation in the world a reason to flex it's muscle.
5) Whatever country did this, you have forfeited your right to existance in this universe.

The World Trade Center and the Pentagon are two symbol of American POWER.

Military Planes are in the air right now that we don't even KNOW about.

Oh no...

Whoever did this (and there was a report a Palistanian group) just pissed off the wrong people, at the wrong time, lead by the wrong person.

Retribution will be at hand.

No no no...

I truly feel sorry for ANY group responsible for this...you will pay and pay big time...

I want to find this person and tell them how much of a tool they were for posting this in that thread.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I want to find this person and tell them how much of a tool they were for posting this in that thread.
What I thought when reading too, but I was actually surprised seeing that others were talking about how senseless retaliation will only cause more problems. But a lot of them are on their "they will regret this" shit

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
Was at work and ran to the TV only to see the 2nd plane crash into the other tower..... My bosses mother was flying out of New York minutes before it all happened too.

At first I thought I was watching a movie trailer.... Then saw them all collapse. Was a horrifying ordeal.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I lived in lower Manhattan at the time (as a kid) still fucks me up though. Anxiety was on 100, felt like the world was going to end/

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017

This is absolutely fascinating and feels like reading a historical document in several different ways. Even in those first few pages of posts you have people wanting to unleash hell, people saying they hope Bush has restraint...

I don't know if 'thanks' is the right word but... yeah... interesting read.