Status
Not open for further replies.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
What does western division mean here? Huge parts of Athia are being developed in the west and SE seems really happy with that. Do they just mean CD and Eidos? That seems unlikely though I suppose altogether not impossible.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
EnScFIbXMAM-Zhd

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Doubt it, even if Avengers was catastrophic.

edit: selling IPs too? Yeah that's definitely bullshit.

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The rumor claims it would sell the IPs also, so Deus Ex, Tomb Raider, Just Cause, etc. Yeah, no lol.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I knew it was a bad idea for them to put all their western devs to avengers.... I miss Deus Ex man ;(

Jul 25, 2020
I don't think Ubisoft would be the best suitor to them but given the rumour originates on 4Chan, the same place that said Sony was looking to acquire Square, I highly doubt this has any truth to it.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
They expect to seel Crystal Dinamics and Eidos ans ome of their lessen western studios? IPs included? Just because ONE badly marketed game flopped because they thought people wanted a Destiny 2 but Marvel?

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Tomb Raider is the only ip of any value

i imagine that is worth a lot

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Yeah, I'm not too sure about that.
I would welcome it I'd have to say. SE absolutely messed up with its western divisions, those studios would be better off almost anywhere else imo

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Don't think it will happen, but I'd love for SE's western studios to be under better leadership.

Deus Ex could be such an amazing franchise...

Bricks

"This guy are sick"
Nov 6, 2017
Ubisoft to employ every single professional developer in Montreal, basically.

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
Avengers flopped worse than Anthem which is an incredible achievement.
Also this isn't the first big flop, Dues ex mankind divided bombed and then Eidos got assigned to avengers.
Still though I doubt this rumour 100 percent still even with those points.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, what the fuck else is that division gonna do..? No planned Tomb Raider or Deus Ex or whatever. I'd believe this.

Lara Creed

May 17, 2018
Seems flimsy, but, weren't all of these games considered sales failures to Square Enix? I don't find the idea of them dumping the IPs the most far-fetched.

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
4chan rumor: gullible websites keep picking up stories from shady forum

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Look, I don't know.

But I do think that the western division of SE is the meaty part of the company IMO. If it's on sale, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone were after them. Really succesful and valuable IPs with really competitive and experienced devs.

In my opinion, it would be extremely more interesting than the WB Games division (talking about rumored sellouts in general, nothing else to compare them)

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
Boy, it's super hard to go off some 4chan rumor, but I wouldn't hate this after how much SE fucked up one of the largest IPs in the world

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Why would Ubisoft be interested in a studio tasked with one of the biggest IP manages to fail so hard that they lose money be interested?

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
That would be pretty bad business if they did. You can't forget that the western studios were basically keeping the entire conglomo open during SquareEnix Japan's hunt for a new engine.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
People seriously think square Enix is going to sell their publishing branch, all eidos IPS and all the 5 studios they have? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.