Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There is nothing wrong with your screen. Do not attempt to tab out We are controlling the browser. For the next 31 days, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: There is nothing wrong with your screen. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to...

IyBwHWy.png

erZoJg.gif

Welcome back!

The season is upon us once more and it's time to crack open those crypts filled with all of your favorites for 31 Days of fear and fun!

First things first

k1JqE0z.png

338fc58a55c2762f88975a19a97fc4ba8c116dcf.gif

First things first:
  1. Starting on October 1st, you must watch as many feature-length Halloween-themed or horror films as you can until October 31st. Ideal goal is 31 by the end of the month but no pressure
  2. You'll be keeping track of how many films you've watched through reviews. After every film, head back here and post a short review of the movie, along with what number it was. Cross posts must be posted in full
  3. Minimum length of any material must be 45 minutes. No binge watching the first two seasons of Interview with a Vampire
  4. Mark spoilers accordingly
  5. Be respectful

9xsIDet.png

Not everyone is sitting on a treasure trove of horror films or has the time/money to go to the movies every single day, so here are a few resources to help you out

Recommendation lists (please let me know if you have one to add):

Previous threads

3G4k8d6.png

If anyone needs to be added (or removed) from this list, let me know

220px-Ken_Page_July_2017.jpg

Ken Page - Known for voicing Oogie Boogie in The Nightmare Before Christmas

220px-Donald_Sutherland_%28cropped%29.JPG

Donald Sutherland - Known for Dirty Dozen, M*A*S*H, Animal House, The Hunger Games, and Invasion of the Body Snatchers

220px-Carl_Weathers_%28cropped_3_by_4%29.jpg

Carl Weathers - Known for Star Wars, Rocky, and Predator

220px-Shelley_Duvall_%28December_1977%29_%28cropped%29.jpg

Shelley Duvall - Known for The Shining, Roxanne, Popeye, and Frankenweenie

Publicity_Photo_of_Chance_Perdomo.jpg

Chance Perdomo - Known for Chilling Adventures

220px-Richard_Lewis_2015_chicago_%28cropped%29.jpg

Richard Lewis - Known for Anything but Love, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, and Vamps

220px-David_Soul_%22Starsky_%26_Hutch%22_%281975_ABC_publicity_photo%29.jpg

David Soul - Known for Starsky and Hutch and Salem's Lot

240px-James_Earl_Jones_2010_Crop.jpg

James Earl Jones - Known for Lion King, Star Wars, Coming 2 America, and Exorcist 2

220px-Martin_Mull.jpg

Martin Mull - Known for Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman, Clue, Sabrina The Teenage Witch, Danny Phantom, and Clue

220px-Bill_Cobbs_from_trailer_%28cropped%29.jpg

Bill Cobbs - Known for The Hitter, The People Under the Stairs, I Still Know What You Did Last Summer

220px-Filmmaker_Roger_Corman%2C_portrait%2C_1978_%28cropped%29.jpg

Roger Corman - Known for directing, production, and acting roles in Little Shop of Horrors, Silence of the Lambs, and various Poe films

Last edited:
OP
OP
Z-Beat

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Set this up now so everyone has about a week to prep. Good luck!

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Got most of mine lined up already, thankfully, no last minute scramble.

In the middle of finalizing a few things (mostly some lingering subtitle issues), but I think I've got a pretty neat theme for the year that goes a little deeper than normal for a lot of reasons. That said, there's very little that can stop me from making a non-themed stop at Terrifier 3 next month, so that will be a lock for an extracurricular activity.

ThirstyFly

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for getting the thread up, Z-Beat !

This year I'll be repeating my Torment of the Terrible Trios format where I do ten loose themes with three movies for each theme. The movies will stay secret until I've viewed them, as usual.

My themes this year are:
1 - The Giallo Selection - Models and Pop Stars
2 - The Giallo Selection - Spanish Gialli
3 - Italian Obscurity
4 - Stop, Hammer time! Hammer's The Mummy (Continued)
5 - The Ladykillers
6 - The Hugo Stiglitz Selection
7 - The Nicolas Cage Selection
8 - The A24 Selection
9 - Legacy Sequels - Saw Sequels
10 - Corman and Price and Poe! Oh, my! (Continued) (In memoriam)
+ Final Surprise Movie

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
First Halloween without Corman. I'll try to watch as many of his movies as possible this year.

PirateHearts

Oct 27, 2017
North Texas
Already got my list planned. Might have to shift a few things around depending on when I have an opportunity to see new releases, but it should be something close to this. No real theme this year (last time I did several complete series viewings which was actually more fun and less exhausting than expected), but I'm leaning pretty hard on rewatches and comedy horrors, plus a few notable omissions in my viewing history.

1. Mahakaal (1994) ⭐⭐
Kicked off the horror season a day early with Mahakaal. This was an Alamo Drafthouse Secret Screening – the first since the DFW locations reopened – and is largely an Indian adaptation of A Nightmare on Elm Street. A little on the long side, but a fun mix of horror and comedy.

2. Corpse Bride (2005) ⭐⭐⭐
Our kid isn't into horror, but he wanted in on the fun, so we watched Corpse Bride. I hadn't seen this one in probably eight years and it felt both immediately familiar and entirely new.

3. Longlegs (2024) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
I liked Longlegs the first time around, and even better on a second viewing. Yes, its third act is accelerated and a little goofy, but its moody procedural pacing and fantastic cinematography make it a fun ride regardless of where it goes.

4. Oddity (2024) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Oddity might be my favorite horror film of the year. It's a confident and even-keeled small-scale horror that plays almost like a stage production, largely taking place in a single room, with a couple real good jump scares, some super creepy visuals and sound design, and a well-earned ending.

5. Skinamarink (2022) ⭐⭐⭐
I haven't seen Skinamarink since it was in theaters and oh boy it's still just as tense as I'd remembered but also it's so long I'm so tired I watched Joker 2 right before this please let me sleep.

6. V/H/S/Beyond (2024) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Loved it! It's the freshest and most exciting this series has been in a while, with a fun mockumentary framing device and a more cohesive theme across each segment. Tough to even pick a favorite, but the opening trio of "Stork," "Dream Girl," and "Live and Let Dive" goes hard.

7. Scare Me (2020) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Scare Me is one of my favorite comedy horrors in recent years. Smart, silly, and self-aware, with three terrific lead performances and some very clever cinematography and sound design. It's just a ton of fun.

8. Werewolves Within (2021) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Ostensibly based on a VR game I've never played or even heard of outside of its association with this film, Werewolves Within is a very funny ensemble cast murder mystery comedy horror. Sam Richardson and Milana Vayntrub have terrific chemistry, the script is snappy and hilarious, it's great.

9. Happy Death Day (2017) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
I don't think I've revisited Happy Death Day since its sequel a couple years later. Fun comedy horror twist on a Groundhog Day time loop scenario.

10. Ready or Not (2019) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Ready or Not might be my favorite comedy horror ever, and it's definitely both my favorite Radio Silence film and my favorite Samara Weaving film. It's an absolute blast, with an ensemble cast of lovable antagonists and a perfect blend of humor, tension, and gore.

11. Satanic Panic (2019) ⭐⭐⭐
It's very schlocky and silly and its third act is a little bit of a mess, but I have a soft spot for Satanic Panic, largely because it was shot here in Dallas. The closing shot with the city skyline is such a vibe.

12. Terrifier 2 (2022) ⭐⭐⭐
Terrifier 2 is way longer than it needs to be and too gross to recommend without a warning, but it does a good job of balancing some truly disgusting slasher kills against a cosmic warrior final girl. And it's just fun to have a new iconic slasher villain in Art the Clown.

13. The Cabin in the Woods (2012) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Cabin in the Woods is a fun meta sci-fi comedy horror thing

also

why do they call it cabin when you cab in the live victims cab out dead kill the victims

14. Daddy's Head (2024) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Out today on Shudder with a limited theatrical release, Daddy's Head is a super creepy and economical exploration of grief and trauma that never fully shows its hand, for better or worse. Also lots of strobe lights so uh probably something to be aware of beforehand.

15. Terrifier 3 (2024) ⭐⭐⭐
Terrifier 3 continues its predecessor's maximalist approach to ultraslasher violence, with a more precisely honed balance of character and lore development, unexpected humor, and big gross-out kills.

16. Deadstream (2022) ⭐⭐⭐
Deadstream is a fun and frenetic found footage comedy horror that plays like a mix of Blair Witch and Evil Dead for the streaming age. Very funny, very gross in parts.

17. M3GAN (2023) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Squeezing in two films tonight since I won't have time tomorrow. Started with M3GAN since it's PG-13 and I figured it would be fine if 8yo saw some of it. Then he ended up watching the whole thing! He asked how it was done in live action so we watched some of the making-of clips. Good times.

18. Bodies Bodies Bodies (2022) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Bodies Bodies Bodies has big chaotic neutral energy (complimentary).

19. Smile (2022) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
It doesn't hit quite as hard as it did in the theater at full volume, but Smile is a blast, intense and suspenseful with some real good jump scares and darkly funny in places. Can't wait to see where they go with the sequel.

20. Smile 2 (2024) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Despite some truly egregious product placement, I think I liked Smile 2 even better than the first. It maintains the same intensity and sense of unmoored chaos but on a larger scale and with higher stakes. Naomi Scott absolutely kills it.

21. Night of the Comet (1984) ⭐⭐⭐
Night of the Comet has a mall montage set to Cyndi Lauper which instantly puts it in the running for the most 80s film ever. It runs out of steam a little bit in its final act but it's still a good time.

22. Chopping Mall (1986) ⭐⭐
As horror movies about killer mall security robots go, Chopping Mall certainly is.

23. Frankenstein (1931) ⭐⭐⭐
24. Bride of Frankenstein (1935) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
With a combined running time of just under two and a half hours, Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein is a pretty snappy double feature that holds up well even ~90 years later.

25. Psycho (1960) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Hey, can you believe I've never seen Psycho? Anyway, now I've seen Psycho. It's good. I mean, it's Psycho. I've seen all the iconic scenes a zillion times, and now I've seen how they're all pieced together. So that's neat.

26. Phantom of the Paradise (1974) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
I've seen Phantom of the Paradise twice now and I still have no idea what it is. It rules and I love it but like what is it, like, what, like,

27. Jaws (1975) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Hey, can you believe I've never seen Jaws? Anyway, now I've seen Jaws. It's good. I mean, it's Jaws. I've seen all the iconic scenes a zillion times, and now I've seen how they're all pieced together. So that's neat.

1. Longlegs
2. Oddity
3. Skinamarink
4. Scare Me
5. Werewolves Within
6. Happy Death Day
7. Ready or Not
8. Satanic Panic
9. Terrifier 2
10. Terrifier 3
11. The Cabin in the Woods
12. Tucker & Dale vs. Evil
13. Deadstream
14. Bodies Bodies Bodies
15. M3GAN
16. Smile
17. Smile 2
18. Double feature: Night of the Comet + Chopping Mall
19. Double feature: Frankenstein (1931) + Bride of Frankenstein (1935)
20. Psycho
21. Phantom of the Paradise
22. Jaws
23. Suspiria (1977)
24. Dawn of the Dead (1978)
25. Return of the Living Dead
26. Tremors
27. Evil Dead (2013)
28. It Follows
29. The Black Phone
30. I Saw the TV Glow
31. Double feature: Halloween (1978) + The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Last edited:

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Oooo boy. It's gonna be tough this year. MIL is moving, gonna have to help. She'll be staying with us a bit, limiting movie time.

Also, the Guardians made the playoffs.

I love this time, though. Let's go.

Also, anyone down for a xmas horror version in December? Last couple years, I've consumed xmas horror movies. In December. Good shit.

Ryudo

Jun 19, 2024
My favorite time of the year for this challenge alone. Building my list now and trying to figure out which movie I should start with on October 1st.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I've noticed that Shudder hasn't been running free month codes lately, will I subscribe to shudder this October? Or AMC+ for the combo? Are they waiting for October to run a promotion…..

Oddity hits shudder on September 27th.

Oooo boy. It's gonna be tough this year. MIL is moving, gonna have to help. She'll be staying with us a bit, limiting movie time.

Also, the Guardians made the playoffs.

I love this time, though. Let's go.

Also, anyone down for a xmas horror version in December? Last couple years, I've consumed xmas horror movies. In December. Good shit.
If you somehow need suggestions, or anyone else for that matter, I am something of an expert on Xmas horror after doing a special theme a couple of years ago.

Ridley's Tinsel Terror Movie Marathon had it all!

ShabbadooJr

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha, NE
There has been a great of incredible films released to theaters this year. Both big and smaller releases. Here are some of my favorites that people should check out this year.

1. Blink Twice
2. Strange Darling
3. Immaculate
4. Late Night with the Devil
5. In A Violent Nature
6. Maxxxine
7. Trap
8. Cuckoo
9. Lisa Frankenstein
10. Abagail
11. Alien: Romulus
12. Speak No Evil

Movies I've seen this year I would avoid
1. Night Swim
2. Imaginary
3. We are Zombies
4. The Strangers Chapter 1

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Similar to last year, I made a playlist on Plex with 200-ish movies that looked interesting. Will probably hit shuffle most nights and hope for the best.

cake

Oct 25, 2017
Been looking forward to this and have been working on my list, currently around 40 movies so far with the ones below being prioritized (and I'm sure there's other stuff in my Letterboxd watchlist that I'll get to). Can't wait to see what others have scheduled, since there's always a few gems that i work into my month.

2014 A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night
2011 Attack the Block
2010 Black Swan
2019 Come to Daddy
2009 Coraline
2021 Cube (2021 remake)
1986 Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer
2023 Lovely, Dark, and Deep
2017 Revenge
2024 Tarot
1979 The Brood
2001 The Devil's Backbone
2022 The Outwaters
2018 The Pool
2016 The Wailing
1973 Theatre of Blood
2023 Totally Killer
2019 Velvet Buzzsaw
1983 Videodrome
2022 Watcher

I'll add your new list to the OP
I think I mentioned it in my list last year, but since it was a completely new non-October format, I never did any write-ups on the forum here, so you are more than welcome to put that in the glossary! Considering how much interest Terrifier 3 is about to drum up for yuletide horror in particular, it helps to have a pretty easy and largely comprehensive list of films to be on the lookout for, even as my list does include Thanksgiving and New Year's Eve in there as well.

Also, great reminder to throw out there because of that list: you do not, under any circumstances, need to watch the 2019 Black Christmas remake for any reason at all.

OP
OP
Z-Beat

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also, great reminder to throw out there because of that list: you do not, under any circumstances, need to watch the 2019 Black Christmas remake for any reason at all.
Yeahh I looked into it. It seems to be Black Christmas in name only. The only similarity it has is that it is in fact Christmas and take place at a college

dphrygian

Oct 28, 2017
Texas
I've never done this but PirateHearts has been doing it for years and it seems fun, so I wrote up a tentative list. 15 new films, 16 rewatches. I'm more of a comedy/musical horror guy so my list is pretty biased that way.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Alright, as per usual I start out with around 20, and will add more if needed. Mini-theme this year is Space Horror!

3b896b238b48f63643ab5416326bd4acbeb33494.gif

Whether it is dealing with alien invasions on Earth or being in horrific situations among the stars, there is just a lot to love about these kind of movies and thinking about what could be out there! Honestly could even become a bigger theme for me than usual. I might even try to replay Dead Space 2, and read Dead Silence (which is described as Titanic meets Event Horizon haha).

Space Horror:
Alien: Covenant (2017)
Alien Resurrection (1997)
Color Out of Space (2019)
Dark Star (1974)
Dead Space: Downfall (2008)
Galaxy of Terror (1981)
Lifeforce (1985)
Predators (2010)
Prometheus (2012)
Psycho Goreman (2020)
V/H/S/Beyond (2024)

The Rest:
Dark Glasses (2022)
Deadstream (2022)
The First Omen (2024)
In a Violent Nature (2024)
Insidious (2010)
Mandy (2018)
May the Devil Take You Too (2020)
Oddity (2024)
Smile 2 (2024)
Vicious Fun (2020)

letterboxd.com

31 Days of Horror 2024 - Prepping

Continuing my tradition of 31 Days of Horror! Mini-theme of 2024: Space Horror

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure I'm going to be able to do it this year unless I force myself to watch films I'm not really interested in watching, or just rewatch movies I've already seen earlier this year. I typically just watch horror films around the time of release, or at the latest, as soon as they hit UHD or streaming. I think I've already watched a little over twelve this year so far. The only real annual guarantees for October are Halloween and Trick 'r Treat.

Publicity_Photo_of_Chance_Perdomo.jpg

Chance Perdomo - Known for Chilling Adventures

Well shit. Just rewatched Gen V a few weeks ago, and I had no idea he had passed away earlier in the year. 😢

Movies I've seen this year I would avoid
3. We are Zombies

This film seemed to be getting a bunch of hype on Youtube, and even critically it seemed to be doing really well. I made it through the first forty minutes and just couldn't continue. It's just so bad. It's trying to be a horror comedy but fails at doing either decently.

Last edited:

ShabbadooJr

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha, NE
Not sure I'm going to be able to do it this year unless I force myself to watch films I'm not really interested in watching, or just rewatch movies I've already seen earlier this year. I typically just watch horror films around the time of release, or at the latest, as soon as they hit UHD or streaming. I think I've already watched a little over twelve this year so far. The only real annual guarantees for October are Halloween and Trick 'r Treat.

Well shit. Just rewatched Gen V a few weeks ago, and I had no idea he had passed away earlier in the year. 😢

This film seemed to be getting a bunch of hype on Youtube, and even critically it seemed to be doing really well. I made it through the first forty minutes and just couldn't continue. It's just so bad. It's trying to be a horror comedy but fails at doing either decently.

Yeah I'm a big fan of RKSS' previous work, Turbo Kid and Summer of 84, but this was such a huge disappointment. I'm not one that always relies on reviews but how were they so wrong with this one? It didn't know what tone it wanted to be. And made it a slog to get through. Some of the worst acting I've seen in a movie lately.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm a big fan of RKSS' previous work, Turbo Kid and Summer of 84, but this was such a huge disappointment. I'm not one that always relies on reviews but how were they so wrong with this one? It didn't know what tone it wanted to be. And made it a slog to get through. Some of the worst acting I've seen in a movie lately.

Ironically, I just now finished watching You're Next again and was thinking at points, due to the music that it's about time I watch Turbo Kid again. 😆
Had been considering it for a while now, but I think it will be the next film I watch.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hype!

My fifth year doing this, so I'm theming my watches around the last four themes I did - first week chronological, second week by monster, third week by country, fourth week by genre. Then the fifth short week just being generally Halloween themed.

And my ambitious goal this year is what would probably end up the high water mark - 66.6 films (that's 66 films, and 6 short films, just for the aesthetic). That averages 2.15 movies per day! Let's see if I can manage!

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Second year in a row of not directly taking part myself as the two previous years I did take part were utterly exhausting trying to keep up (it's also getting harder to source new horrors without starting subscriptions across a dozen different services), but I'll be keeping eyes solidly on this thread.

Love the write-ups from you all.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I missed this going up

Last year got derailed due to moving, but moved in and ready to rock and roll... As soon as I settle on a theme

While I technically don't have everything locked down, as the 4K for A Nightmare on Elm Street is yet to release, here is this year's list!

Ridley's Halloween Horror Movie Marathon 1984

THE PREAMBLE:
Few things can catch you off guard and leave you quivering in your boots as effectively as the realization that you cannot get any younger. No matter how many deals with the devil you read about or see for yourself in exchange for souls or visages or what have you, no matter how many science experiments designed to reverse aging or prevent death go invariably wrong, and no matter what kind of ghoul one has to turn themselves into in order to have even a taste of immortality, inevitability is perhaps the very core of the core of horror as humanity deals with a very simple fact: there will come a day when your eyes shut one more time, you draw your last breath, and those remaining few neurons have the final synapses trigger as it all fades away for good. What is horror then, if not adding a degree of a certain kind of romance to the very end of life itself, and a glimpse at the folks that remain in the wake as they grapple with their own mortality, be it the realization that their time is marked through natural means or, for the unlucky ones, very imminent and accompanied by the buzz of a chainsaw.

I turned 40 this past April, and while I am not interested in getting into the figurative gory details about things have happened around me, The End™ is an unavoidable topic around the family household these days, so it's hard not to try and parse just how I feel about that on my own time, and on a daily basis at that with the losses to come as we plan with those impacted most by their impending mortality (which, perhaps in one of the most fitting details, my dad's skills as a funeral director comes in really handy with). With the idea of heading into the sixteenth marathon of this kind, my mind did go off in different directions than normal as to how to approach programming this year. Should I try to retreat further into the fantasy and go for lighter choices? Embrace the fear head on with a darker schedule than normal? What kind of themes would even make sense at this point? There are always films to watch without needing to justify their inclusion, but I felt like there was an obligation to do something a bit more unusual from the norm; something that felt more unified than ever before to give more context to the Why this year, as I figured out what Why was.

And then it hit me right on my birthday: Why I was thinking like this became crystal clear, because it meant that I had 40 years on this earth, and 40 years is a mighty long time by itself. In 40 years time, I've seen thousands of films, among other things, and it has yet to not be my favorite past time. And horror itself is something that's been with me since my childhood, from the days when I grew up with a steady diet of the Universal Classic Monsters and kaiju, to a growing appreciation of even the most misbegotten sub-genres and filmmaking tactics, and I thought to myself that for as much as I have seen, there was still so much more to see, and it renewed that endeavor, and the answer became clear:

It's time to celebrate a most momentous year in the genre, that being 1984!

THE CHALLENGE:
That's right: the overall theme of the year is a year itself, as we rewind the clock all the way back to 1984. Rather than overthinking something that would only seem deeper on a superficial level, it made far more sense to take the entire year and dive deep into its offerings to find another worthy batch of 31 films to watch for the very first time. With Stephen King dominating the screen as he did book stores, special effects becoming affordable enough for even small productions to impress, and the genre getting easier than ever for filmmakers all over the world to dabble in, you could not ask more a more fertile year for the purposes of finding something brand new and distinct to watch.

• Agi, the Fury of Evil
  • Body Double
  • Children of the Corn
  • Clouds
  • The Death of the Jackal
  • Decoder
  • Devil Fish
  • Dorian Grey in the Mirror of the Yellow Press
  • Dreamscape
  • The Egg
  • The Enchanted
  • Firestarter
  • Grandmothers Recharge Well!
  • Heaven Can Help
  • The Hills Have Eyes, Part 2
  • Invitation to Hell
  • Lake Eerie
  • Mermaid Legend
  • Murder-Rock: Dancing Death
  • Night Shadows
  • The Phantom
  • Poison for the Fairies (was completed in 1984, so it counts!)
  • Possessed II
  • Scream for Help
  • Shake, Rattle & Roll
  • Shock: Evil Entertainment
  • Sleepwalker
  • Sole Survivor
  • Special Effects
  • Strangler vs. Strangler
  • The Toxic Avenger
But 1984 is also a year where a lot changed the entire genre forever, be it the last of the slasher greats debuting for the first time in the form of Freddy Kruger, the classic kaiju supreme Godzilla quite literally Returning after nearly a decade off the silver screen, horror going mainstream enough in the most unusual form of what happens when you don't follow the three rules for handling your Mogwai that it wound up directly responsible for creating a new ratings bracket that's remained in place to this day, or how we managed to get two slasher-infused non-horror genre spins releasing on the same day, both from an established superstar director like Brian De Palma and an emerging talent like James Cameron. It would be a heinous oversight not to acknowledge some of these films as well, so we will pay tribute to nine of these firmly established genre classics to make for an even 40 films.

• The Company of Wolves
  • Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
  • Gremlins
  • Night of the Comet
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street
  • Purana Mandir
  • The Return of Godzilla
  • Silent Night, Deadly Night
  • The Terminator

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I added Body Double to my list. Be a real long time.

Lake Erie made me think of the movie Lake Placid. So I'm adding that to the list too.

Does the comedy movie Repossessed count?

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait, start of the best part of the year!

I don't have a plan just going to try and watch as many as I can

qssm

Oct 26, 2017
Same as couple previous years I put most of the horror movies I buy during the year to a pile and then watch them during October. This is the current collection but it is still missing some as boutique labels release lots of horror movies around October so there are still stuff in the post or waiting to be sent.

Mixed bunch of movies this year... Haven't yet decided if I manage to make some kind of theming for different weeks or something out of them :P

Rq6gylS.jpeg

Last edited:

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I just now realized that the thread was created for this year. I've got a lot of films already planned out, with my goal being to watch newer movies instead of sticking to the 60s, 70s, and 80s like I normally do.

My charity for this year is Urban Peaks, which provides food, shelter, showers, and education to families and youths going through homelessness or economic hardship throughout Colorado.

Last year I got to 61 movies, and I'm aiming for 65. I can tell you that the first one I plan to watch is Revenge from the creator of The Substance which is receiving rave reviews.

Will work on getting the rest of my list together soon.

mantidor

Oct 25, 2017
Last year was fun! I did the 31 movies I do not think I can do more than that. I just let the streaming services suggest me stuff so no theme, just whatever grabs my attention.

ThirstyFly

Oct 28, 2017
Same as couple previous years I put most of the horror movies I buy during the year to a pile and then watch them during October. This is the current collection but it is still missing some as boutique labels release lots of horror movies around October so there are still stuff in the post or waiting to be sent.

Mixed bunch of movies this year... Haven't yet decided if I manage to make some kind of theming for different weeks or something out of them :P

Rq6gylS.jpeg

Will this be your first time watching Dellamorte Dellamore? Please tell me it's your first time.

Also, Belial approves of the Basket Case disc.