For US politics and election threads

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
Abortion isn't a right. You do not have a right to an abortion. See Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization. This is settled law. Learn it before your ignorance again.

Now, let's talk real issues: Joe Biden is a dementia patient and Donald Trump isn't. Under Trump, Americans lived better than under Biden. Address this, or lose.
Women should be able to get a surgery on their body if they want. Abortion is a human right.

Trump is unhinged and a bigot. He was just making shit up and rambles through his points. He sounds way different than he did in 2016.How are you excited to vote for him?

Oct 31, 2017
Since I know the poor sap is simmering right now and will be reading this, I always wonder what happens after these dudes are perma'd and forgotten. Was it really worth the time to try to troll others but end up trolling themselves since they always, time after time, get more pissed off than their intended targets?

I hope he gets a much-needed hug. Or not.

Naiad

Aug 27, 2020
I knew it was suspicious the moment he decided to use my post to respond with and the response didn't make a lick of sense, it's why I didn't reply right away. Once again my intuition is on the ball.

It's probably due to my secret vagina powers.

Oct 25, 2017
I always wonder what happens after these dudes are perma'd and forgotten.
I mean it's all just ragebait farming for jollies. They take trophyshots of the most "triggered" responses back to show off in their hovels and move onto the next target. I'd wish folks here were a little better about not engaging with such obvious bait with actual serious responses. Troll'em or report'em, move on.

Oct 31, 2017
I knew it was suspicious the moment he decided to use my post to respond with and the response didn't make a lick of sense, it's why I didn't reply right away. Once again my intuition is on the ball.

It's probably due to my secret vagina powers.

Dunno why these guys are so scared of women.

I mean it's all just ragebait farming for jollies. They take trophyshots of the most "triggered" responses back to show off in their hovels and move onto the next target. I'd wish folks here were a little better about engaging with such obvious bait with actual serious responses. Troll'em or report'em, move on.

Totally, but every time they try to ragebait, they end up sounding unhinged and enraged themselves.

Personally, I enjoyed your passive-aggressive 'get it all out before the ban' quite a bit!

jstevenson

Developer at Insomniac Games
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
Biden was described by one person familiar with his mood as humiliated, devoid of confidence and painfully aware that the physical images of him at the debate — eyes staring into the distance, mouth agape — will live beyond his presidency, along with a performance that at times was meandering, incoherent and difficult to hear.

"It's a mess," this person said

."

Biden meeting with his family to discuss future tomorrow. Sounds like Pelosi and Jeffries are still privately concerned he's no longer viable

apple.news

'It's a mess': Biden turns to family on his path forward after his disastrous debate — NBC News

Democratic leaders have stood by the president as he faces questions about his ability to defeat Trump in November. But privately, many are expressing concern.

Another interesting part of that piece is that once Biden is nominated officially, if he drops out the DNC controls who gets the nomination. So they may actually want to nominate him (Which is happening now via digital roll call to address the Ohio Deadline) so that then they could swap directly to the preferred successor candidate without an intraparty battle.

Given the timing that in theory could happen between now and the convention, so if Biden was going to step aside and there was high level consensus around say Whitmer, you'd nominate Biden in advance, he'd end his campaign, the DNC and Biden would tap Whitmer and the convention could then be the coronation.

Last edited:

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You just know that was the single most exciting for him thing that guy on the last page has done so far this year.

loco

Jan 6, 2021
Pretty obvious every news network is making sure to have at least one democrat political expert saying that Biden getting replaced as the nominee is definitely in play. All for the ratings.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
here
Another interesting part of that piece is that once Biden is nominated officially, if he drops out the DNC controls who gets the nomination. So they may actually want to nominate him (Which is happening now via digital roll call to address the Ohio Deadline) so that then they could swap directly to the preferred successor candidate without an intraparty battle.
if biden decides he wants to drop he needs to do so asap

in fact the longer he waits the more its gonna piss me off if it happens lol

we have so little time that its fucking infuriating

Royalan

Proud United Statian
Oct 24, 2017

Given the timing that in theory could happen between now and the convention, so if Biden was going to step aside and there was high level consensus around say Wilmer, you'd nominate Biden in advance, he'd end his campaign, the DNC and Biden would tap Willmer and the convention could then be the coronation.

This, more than anything, would be the dumbest thing Democrats could do.

Here's Jim Clyburn's words:

"I'm a Biden-Harris person, so I'm not getting away from that. I'm for Biden-Harris. I'm going to be for Biden if Harris ain't there and I'm going to be for Harris if Biden ain't there,"

If the party mobilizes to sideline the Black VP, it would not only be a spit in the face to their most loyal demographic (poling be damned), it would be without question the dumbest, most spineless and cowardly action they could take.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
."

Biden meeting with his family to discuss future tomorrow. Sounds like Pelosi and Jeffries are still privately concerned he's no longer viable

apple.news

'It's a mess': Biden turns to family on his path forward after his disastrous debate — NBC News

Democratic leaders have stood by the president as he faces questions about his ability to defeat Trump in November. But privately, many are expressing concern.

Given the timing that in theory could happen between now and the convention, so if Biden was going to step aside and there was high level consensus around say Wilmer, you'd nominate Biden in advance, he'd end his campaign, the DNC and Biden would tap Willmer and the convention could then be the coronation.

Nothing will happen unless polls become too tough. This is what we've been saying the whole thread(s).

jstevenson

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
This, more than anything, would be the dumbest thing Democrats could do.

Here's Jim Clyburn's words:

If the party mobilizes to sideline the Black VP, it would not only be a spit in the face to their most loyal demographic (poling be damned), it would be without question the dumbest, most spineless and cowardly action they could take.

I won't argue any specific point - but one major concern was a bunch of candidates infighting. If Biden and Harris both support whatever direction they choose, it could allow that process to be somewhat streamlined allowing everyone to quickly rally around the new non-Trump.

Maybe that's Harris! Maybe Harris remains on ticket as VP. I dunno. Just saying there's a path to have a convention around a candidate that doesn't require a nasty set of infighting…

…but it would be highly undemocratic, though at some level, Biden would have leverage to help make the choice and then support the choice "you chose me, and I choose X to take my place" etc

julian

Oct 27, 2017
When I think of living better under Trump I definitely remember being stuck in my home for almost all of 2020 to prevent catching a contagious disease that he insisted didn't exist and would go away if I invested bleach.

At least I can say Biden's term allowed me to leave my home eventually and I can be outside today
It's crazy that Trump's pitch was basically, "weren't things great under my presidency until everything went to shit?"
Since I know the poor sap is simmering right now and will be reading this, I always wonder what happens after these dudes are perma'd and forgotten. Was it really worth the time to try to troll others but end up trolling themselves since they always, time after time, get more pissed off than their intended targets?

I hope he gets a much-needed hug. Or not.
I dunno, that vagina monologue post made me think they didn't plan to last past the day.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
I won't argue any specific point - but one major concern was a bunch of candidates infighting. If Biden and Harris both support whatever direction they choose, it could allow that process to be somewhat streamlined allowing everyone to quickly rally around the new non-Trump.

Maybe that's Harris! Maybe Harris remains on ticket as VP. I dunno. Just saying there's a path to have a convention around a candidate that doesn't require a nasty set of infighting…

…but it would be highly undemocratic, though at some level, Biden would have leverage to help make the choice and then support the choice "you chose me, and I choose X to take my place" etc

And then Trump paints the new candidate as "someone chosen undemocratically"

And then the media runs with it.

Now what?

jstevenson

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
It's crazy that Trump's pitch was basically, "weren't things great under my presidency until everything went to shit?"

I think it's pretty strong actually. He isn't saying that exactly either. He's saying "remember my Presidency before COVID? I got screwed by COVID"

Basically he's selling the idea of going back to 2019, and I bet a lot of people would love to go back to 2019

Aug 15, 2022
."

apple.news

this is PURE FANTASY again, for the second time. people in here really letting their own personal hope of Biden dropping out conflate that of the electorate. it's painfully obvious just how much you and several other usual folks here want Biden to drop out, totally fine. to tell others how they feel? not okay. no elections yet where people aren't coming home for Biden and Dems in the last few cycles, that's all that counts. your posts here are "ignore the polls or follow the polls depending on results!, there are dozens of us!" over and over and over again. this shtick is old.

until your rhetoric somehow goes against RESULTS, it's just NOISE

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
if there was a viable, consensus candidate that could take over this would be a much easier thing to swallow and hope to be able to massage smoothly for voters in such a short time frame.

My fear is that this isn't the case. Kamala Harris is the obvious choice as VP, but I don't think she can win an election. So you have the mess of finding a credible candidate and figuring out how to side step your Veep. Its unfortunately very hard to envision this not becoming a mess.

jstevenson

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Burbank CA
And then Trump paints the new candidate as "someone chosen undemocratically"

And then the media runs with it.

Now what?

Again I think the more that it's sold that it was Biden 's choice and your choice is still between the actual fascist or the person who had to save the day because Biden's health deteriorated… 🤷‍♂️

hopeblimey

Sep 23, 2023
this is PURE FANTASY again, for the second time. people in here really letting their own personal hope of Biden dropping out conflate that of the electorate. it's painfully obvious just how much you and several other usual folks here want Biden to drop out, totally fine. to tell others how they feel? not okay. no elections yet where people aren't coming home for Biden and Dems in the last few cycles, that's all that counts. your posts here are "ignore the polls, there are dozens of us!" over and over and over again. this shtick is old.

It's very shocking that people still believe he might be replaced. He isn't. It's not happening. It's Biden or bust.

Even if he was, and the DNC picked his replacement what makes you think their choice wouldn't be actively worse than Biden, or someone less electable? Never forget that the DNC actively conspired to make Hillary the candidate in 2016 over Sanders, and look at where that got us.

Oct 31, 2017
I think it's pretty strong actually. He isn't saying that exactly either. He's saying "remember my Presidency before COVID? I got screwed by COVID"

Basically he's selling the idea of going back to 2019, and I bet a lot of people would love to go back to 2019

Yes, his sales pitch is to give him credit for the improving economy when he began his term and not blame him for 20% unemployment, riots on the streets, and an insurrection, and then blame Biden for the mess he inherited.

We don't have to make Trump's point for him when it's not based on facts.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I maintain that if they are going to roll with changing Biden it has to be with the angle that it's to counter Trump and in all fairness that's been Biden's only merit he can advocate for himself at this point.

Besides Biden being old makes it alot easier to sell the idea that this is being done to counteract the fundamental threat to our democracy than it would be with a normal candidate

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
Again I think the more that it's sold that it was Biden 's choice and your choice is still between the actual fascist or the person who had to save the day because Biden's health deteriorated… 🤷‍♂️

Again, you keep waiting for a perfect, magical solution that's not coming.

Whoever comes for Biden will have to face an incredibly hostile environment, against a former president that, for all intents and purposes, forced the current president to give up. And that the media frequently treats with kid's gloves.

No such person exists. There is a situation where it could be "viable" (if Biden starts polling horribly), but it's extremely doubtful that such a person would actually have the win "in the bag".

Aug 15, 2022
It's very shocking that people still believe he might be replaced. He isn't. It's not happening. It's Biden or bust.

Even if he was, and the DNC picked his replacement what makes you think their choice wouldn't be actively worse than Biden, or someone less electable? Never forget that the DNC actively conspired to make Hillary the candidate in 2016 over Sanders, and look at where that got us.

they aren't serious people, period. I don't give a single fuck about some verified tag or if you build pipes or windmills or anything for a living. if you're suggesting this in 2024 you don't have a single fucking clue what you're talking about, or want trump to win. Period.