mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

cut.jpg

Welcome to the Stanley Cup Finals 2023, 2 first timers so we all win. If your team didn't make it, root for good hockey.

VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS
FxV-QAtWAAA7i03

The 2nd trip of the Knights after they became one of the fastest expansion teams in sports to make a Championship Series (Their 1st season was also their 1st Championship Series). While Ovi and the Caps ultimately won, the Knights have since been a nuisance to the Western Conference but last offseason, the Golden Knights fired head coach Peter DeBoer and hired former Boston Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy to be their head coach, as well as getting former Mesa Coyote, Phil Kessel and of course, the big trade last season as Jack Eichel headed west from Buffalo and more trades during the season. The Golden Knights clinched the first seed of the Western Conference with a 51–22–9 record. Vegas defeated the Winnipeg Jets in the First Round, Edmonton Oilers during the Second Round, and knocked off the Dallas Stars to win the Western Conference.

FLORIDA PANTHERS
Fw8SYzMX0AACzhG

7np4em.jpg

This will be the second Finals appearance for the Panthers. Their only previous appearance was in 1996, which Florida lost in a four-game sweep to the Colorado Avalanche. During the offseason, former Winnipeg Jets head coach Paul Maurice was hired as the Panthers head coach as well as trading Jonathan Huberdeau, who was the team's high scorer, along with MacKenzie Weegar to the Calgary Flames for Matthew Tkachuk. The Panthers finished with a 42–32–8 record being the 8th seed of the Eastern Conference. The Panthers upsetted Boston Bruins in the First Round and set up turning TD Garden into a Spirit Halloween with the Heat over the Celtics clinching it. They then eliminated the Toronto Maple Leafs in the Second Round and the Carolina Hurricanes in a four-game sweep in the Eastern Conference Final.

TV TIMES, TNT HAS IT THIS YEAR​
Saturday, June 3

TIME ETGAMETV
8:00pPanthers – Golden Knights
Stanley Cup Final Game 1
TNT, TBS, TruTV
Monday, June 5

TIME ETGAMETV
Stanley Cup Final Game 2
TNT, TBS, TruTV
Thursday, June 8

TIME ETGAMETV
8:00pGolden Knights – Panthers
Stanley Cup Final Game 3
TNT, TBS, TruTV
Saturday, June 10

TIME ETGAMETV
Stanley Cup Final Game 4
TNT, TBS, TruTV
Tuesday, June 13

TIME ETGAMETV
Stanley Cup Final Game 5*
TNT, TruTV
Friday, June 16

TIME ETGAMETV
Stanley Cup Final Game 6*
TNT, TBS, TruTV
Monday, June 19

TIME ETGAMETV
Stanley Cup Final Game 7*
TNT, TBS, TruTV

Who will win their first?

Last edited:

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really, really, reeeeally hoping Marchessault and the boys can get it done. Sorry cats-era.

Jinaar

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton AB
All that needs to be said...

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

EDIT: Lastly
www.youtube.com

Who's the #1 Cop?

Provided to YouTube by CDBabyWho's the #1 Cop? · The HextallsPlay With Heart℗ 2015 The HextallsReleased on: 2015-02-14Auto-generated by YouTube.

Last edited:

Titantodd

May 3, 2023
Am I the only Florida bandwagoner here? I don't really care about the Cats in the slightest, but I'd be super happy for Chucky and Benny to lift a Cup.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Dirtball Tkachuk and the homophobe brothers versus the Vegas cap cheats.

This is a lose-lose for me personally. Go Vegas, I guess.

Oct 25, 2017
Will be there for game 3, LFG Cats. 1 win away from uncharted territory and 3 more from greatness. Never expected them to be here at any point this season. This postseason has been slaying one giant to the next so hopefully they can seal the deal

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Would be wild to see FL chip in two sports. For that reason alone I'll root against them.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only Florida bandwagoner here? I don't really care about the Cats in the slightest, but I'd be super happy for Chucky and Benny to lift a Cup.
I'm cheering for them! Being a Lightning fan I'm in "Fuck the Cats" mode most of the season, but I really want to see them finish the story after fighting their way into a playoff spot.

Also cheering for Bob. Dude deserves a cup at this point.
Would be wild to see FL chip in two sports. For that reason alone I'll root against them.
We got ours with the Bucs and Bolts winning in 20-21 (if only the Rays could have beat the Dodgers). Would be neat to see Miami get their moment as well.

This is only the seventh Stanley Cup Final in the NHL era to feature two teams that have never won it before — and two of the previous six also featured one of these teams (Vegas vs. Washington, 2018; Florida vs. Colorado, 1996).

tycoonheart

Oct 25, 2017
This year Florida team reminds me of the 2018 Caps team that won the cup. Kind of seems like destiny.

ascagnel

Mar 29, 2018
Which player is the generational talent with some notable stats who everyone agrees "deserves" to win one before retirement?
There kinda isn't one on FL this year (although if he didn't have so many fallow years on bad Buffalo teams, you could slot Eichel in for VGK). Maybe Bobrovsky?

MikeRahl

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of want Florida to win so we don't have to deal with the 'you can't win the Cup with a $10 Million/yr goalie" narrative anymore.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
It's mostly due to pure unbridled jealousy, but I hate Vegas so much. Pulling for the Panthers even though I think they have very little chance to win.

Atrede

Oct 29, 2017
I don't get it. Both Finals teams wear a Finals patch on their jerseys, have for decades.
Usually the Stanley cup patch is on the other side but I guess they didn't want to move the AutoNation sponsorship.

I think the only other year that a team had the patch beside the letters was Detroit in 2008.

syphonblue

Apr 29, 2022
Been a Panthers fan their entire existence. Stayed up till 1 am listening to game 4 on the radio in bed in 1996. Had my bachelor party at a game back in 2011 when they suuuuuuuuuuuuuucked. I'm so fuckin pumped for this. This year really feels like it's their series to lose.

Just....please don't get swept again.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
It's mostly due to pure unbridled jealousy, but I hate Vegas so much. Pulling for the Panthers even though I think they have very little chance to win.

what was their chance to beat Boston? what were the odds they'd sweep the Canes?

i wouldnt be that confident that they are suddenly so helpless against Hill, Eichel and Pietrangelo..

Cats in 5. all hail Tkachuk.

megachao24

Oct 25, 2017
Quite a few here seem want the Panthers to win, but we all know the Knights will get their cup because Bettman.

So go Texas-sized Meteor instead.

Oct 25, 2017
Was 10 when the Cats were in this position last, getting swept up in the hype and the sport. Hockey was a defining part of my childhood this has me reliving those emotions and memories. It's both exciting and anxious seeing them actually here, something for a long time, thought would never come.

Complete the run, LETS GO CATS

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
wow I can't believe the Stanley Cup final is being played at Medieval Times