Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Update on 11/22/17: Starting to send out PMs! Looking for 1-2 people willing to field softballs for me since I won't have time to answer every PM.

Considering the situation surrounding ResetEra's creation, there are some details that I am still working out for the inaugural Secret Santa. Deadlines, cutoffs, rules for participation, etc. Please make sure to watch/sub to this thread so that you're up-to-date on any and all changes and decisions that get made.

Also note that this thread is a big work in progress! However, I wanted to get some VERY bare bones info out there to start raising awareness!

Absolute minimum info for the time being:
  • There will be a sign-up deadline, but the date is not decided. Thinking about 11/17/2017 cutoff right now. This would give me time to get matches out by Black Friday so folks can do some shopping then.
  • The goal will still be to have delivery of your gift by Christmas (12/25/2017).
  • The minimum you should expect to spend on a gift is ~$25. This number does NOT include shipping.
  • I may not be able to offer international vs no international shipping this year. The user-base may not be large enough yet to support this. I will probably put a temp poll up soon to get a feel for it.
  • Everyone gets a fresh start here. Don't ruin this. This is a new community that we need to take care of and grow together. If you sign-up, you're committing to this. If you can't commit with 100% certainty, do not sign up.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLOSED!

Last edited:

VISION

Oct 25, 2017
So glad this is migrating here. I'm finally employed, so I should be able to hop back in this year.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
SDLJGHSDKGHSDG YES.

Thank you nic! I'm so excited for SS this year.

gblues

Oct 25, 2017
Tigard, OR
Yay Nic you made it!

I'm in.

Can you shoot me a PM? I wanna talk about some of the organizational challenges and see if I can get started whipping something up to make your life easier.

Sch1sm

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
Skipped last year, but I'm thinking about it this time around. Might have the spare cash lying about for it. I kinda wanna go international for once. Done domestic every year.

zetsubou

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Considering the situation surrounding ResetEra's creation, there are some details that I am still working out for the inaugural Secret Santa. Deadlines, cutoffs, rules for participation, etc. Please make sure to watch/sub to this thread so that you're up-to-date on any and all changes and decisions that get made.

Also note that this thread is a big work in progress! However, I wanted to get some VERY bare bones info out there to start raising awareness!

Absolute minimum info for the time being:
  • There will be a sign-up deadline, but the date is not decided. Thinking about 11/17/2017 cutoff right now. This would give me time to get matches out by Black Friday so folks can do some shopping then.
  • The goal will still be to have delivery of your gift by Christmas (12/25/2017).
  • The minimum you should expect to spend on a gift is ~$25. This number does NOT include shipping.
  • I may not be able to offer international vs no international shipping this year. The user-base may not be large enough yet to support this. I will probably put a temp poll up soon to get a feel for it.
  • Everyone gets a fresh start here. Don't ruin this. This is a new community that we need to take care of and grow together. If you sign-up, you're committing to this. If you can't commit with 100% certainty, do not sign up.

You can quote to (hopefully) see how the Google Doc will be hidden. Same as previous years!

Don't look like there's a hidden link. :/

neonglow

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to do it but only if I can keep it domestic. International shipping is just too pricey.

OptiveLink

Oct 25, 2017
I was devastated when I thought that we wouldn't have another Secret Santa.
I'm so game. Been saving up all year for this one. :)

FSP

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
London, United Kingdom
Nic, would it be possible to get continental selection even if we cannot have per-country selection?

I shipped to the US last time and it was a bit of a pain - shipping to the EU is generally cheaper too I recall.

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to do this. Re: shipping, perhaps you can do a few large buckets (e.g. US, Europe, Asia)?

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I'm in ! Shipping international and everything ! It's been nothing but a lovely experience even when customs held my gift for a month last year.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I might be up for this! I've considered participating in the past but now I think would be the absolute best time to jump in.

electristan

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
I'm in! have always had great experiences in these secret santa threads, and want to give back in every way i can this year :)

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Always been meaning to take part in one of these. Last couple of years I've just not been able to commit. Maybe this time!

OP
OP
nicoga3000

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
So hidden info doesn't work the same as it did on GAF, right? Like I can't put stuff in an email tag? There isn't a link in the OP, but I did do a hidden text. I'll have to get in touch with a mod to see what options I have.

I'll consider continental shipping as an option. That might actually help the whole international vs not issue.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
So hidden info doesn't work the same as it did on GAF, right? Like I can't put stuff in an email tag? There isn't a link in the OP, but I did do a hidden text. I'll have to get in touch with a mod to see what options I have.

I'll consider continental shipping as an option. That might actually help the whole international vs not issue.

There's a way to do hidden stuff, but, I don't know if a link can work in it

Quote to reveal the secrets !

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping I can join in this year. Had to back out last year due to financial issues. Fingers crossed!

OP
OP
nicoga3000

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I have added a quick Google survey to the OP. Please fill it out as soon as possible!

To see the form, quote the OP, insert the quote into your post, grab the URL, and go to town. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.