Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The original vloggers.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
The second video becomes way more surreal knowing that he passed away that same year.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Btw Disney so clutch not raising their prices at any of the gas stations.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Btw Disney so clutch not raising their prices at any of the gas stations.

But you have this right outside the parks.

j7mNWOo.jpg

I don't know how that's even legal.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
But you have this right outside the parks.

j7mNWOo.jpg

I don't know how that's even legal.

The guy who owns this doesnt want to sell gas, but he apparently has to have the gas station due to some legal thing. He just wants the rest of it. Hence he prices it that high so people don't buy gas... yet some people still do.

cinch

Chicken Chaser
Feb 17, 2019
My god that second video seemed ancient from some bygone era, and yet 1989 is the year i graduated high school and i (thought) i had vivid memories of that time. Yes, i'm old

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
I watch a lot of Nelson's "vlogs".
Really interesting time capsule that even includes early parts of some celebs.

Oct 27, 2017
I love McDonalds, what a video. Those are some cheap cigarettes too.

The guy who owns this doesnt want to sell gas, but he apparently has to have the gas station due to some legal thing. He just wants the rest of it. Hence he prices it that high so people don't buy gas... yet some people still do.
Reminds me of the Watergate Exxon (this article is a few years old, gas is cheaper there now.)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca.../gIQAfEZyvS_story.html?utm_term=.a081239a4280

TLDR: Gas station operator was unhappy the landlord sold the station without giving him a chance to buy it, so to spite the new owner he must buy gas from he raises prices to avoid selling gas.
DC also has a weird law saying certain gas stations may never close and become other things. So by law they can't just stop selling gas completely.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
I remember someone making a thread about this at the old place a few years ago.

ThLunarian

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
This thread title reminded me of a Turtles in Time scene-establishing audio quote (like "Big Apple, 3am.")

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
$7.22 for a big mac, another burger, two large fries, a milkshake, a tea, and a coffee...

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Watched this a few years ago and the biggest takeaway was how friendly the people who had a camera in their face were. Quite the contrast to how people react to having a camera in their fact today. the youtube channel surveillance camera man was proof of that lol

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
This was 3 years before I was born, but it's one of those videos that I watch everytime I see it pop up on the internet (it's at least a couple years old). Something about it is just incredibly interesting to me.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Watched this a few years ago and the biggest takeaway was how friendly the people who had a camera in their face were. Quite the contrast to how people react to having a camera in their fact today. the youtube channel surveillance camera man was proof of that lol

Yep. Back then a camera was a novelty and people wanted to be on camera. That's why we loved shit like, "America's Funniest Home Videos." Nowadays, everyone has a camera in their pocket and privacy concerns are at an all time high.

HONDA

Oct 27, 2017
i would be cool people randomly filming me too when the internet didnt exist and knowing it wont be posted on social media sites.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's all that stuff about kids all about in the second video? The guy sounded creepy as fuck.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Not an outlet mall. It sits alone on the property. But it's directly across the street from three huge hotels and I'm sure they've taken advantage of a lot of tourists.
Isn't that the one right by Vineland Mall on Vineland by longhorn steakhouse and polo tropical.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Oh so a typical home movie like everyone else with a camera back then would do then?

Pssst dear youngsters everyone with a camera back in the late 80's early 90's did this, these guys didn't invent vlogging, see adam goldberg who turned his from the early 80's into a TV show, Dimebag on Panteras home videos DVD cowboys from hell, Bam Magera & the Jackass Crew & also a wave of Skaters in the late 80's/90's.

Another of my favourite was that Cartoon guy I think an artist who filmed a Johnny Bravo vlog in the studio & you see a younger Seth McFarlane, Mark Hamill & other Johnny Bravo Voice actors & people around the studio in general.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
LOL. This video is cool, as are others like it, but I swear it pops up here (and did at gaf) every two months. I must have seen this thread at least ten times